💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne lacks soul

caseymonster

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

First of all, Joanne is a *pop album*. Why on earth, to some people, does electro-pop qualify as "pure pop", but other branches of pop don't? I really don't understand that logic. 

Second of all, more in response to the OT: I disagree completely. Joanne has plenty of soul in my opinion. Literally every single track. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I disagree completely. All of her albums have been authentic, but Joanne is absolutely her most honest. If that makes sense.

And the truth is, it will age better than any of her other solo projects thus far. What I mean is that, because real instrumentations are featured on every single track, it will sound the same in 50 years as it does now.

SilkSpectre0
2 hours ago, caseymonster said:

how can u not see the album is rushed, let me give you examples:

-"one,five, ten lay a million on me, before the end of the song" gaga freaking rhimed song with me?! In the most weak pre corus she ever ****ing created.

-ayo has rock vocals over tubas that sound like they were taken from shake it off. Also, that annoying repetition of mirror on the ceiling is cringing me and has nothing to do with any part of the song.

-dancing in circles is a metaphore to jerking off and it just pains me and obvious it is. Like when its this obvious she might as well say what she means. Again, display of lack of efford on creativity.

-perfect illusions lyrics are soooo freaking cheesy and repetitive She had tame impala work with her, but this was just annoyingly repetitive, bad bad bad guitar riffs and vocal mixture, like that yell "aaaaaa it was a perfect illusion" is done so badly. 

-sinners pray is the most pointless song ive heard. She might as well not put it. Awesome start with the guitar. Bad bad bad chorus. Horrible vocals, i cant believe they worked with father john misty on this. 

-gaga didnt even write a single word in come to mama. Its original is cum to mama and she just bought it and badly executed it into slmething that sounds like its made by maghen trainer

-angel down starts so nicely. And progresses to be the most anti climatic song on the album with literary no ****ing bridge (the bridge consists of gaga saying oh oh ooh for 40 seconds)

She rhymes on with song not the word me. Aren't you listening ? 

EdgeofTeeth
3 hours ago, GossipBoy said:

I get where you're coming from. That's the reason I reallyyyy dislike AYO or Sinner's Prayer cause it sounds like she's trying to be "country" but it's very stereotypical and tacky compared to something like You and I which was AMAZIIING and had a slight country vibe to it. But Diamond Heart and Hey Girl sound very genuine, raw and original. 

I actually agree with all of this and I've felt this way since the album came out. Joanne has grown on me a ton and I definitely like it but I do agree about the "trying to be country" vibe on some of the songs.

GagzDonkeyD

Also I bet you don't even know what Mirror On The Ceiling means :awkney:

Gaga explained it before in case you're wondering and it has everything to do with the whole song :trollga:

Better educate yourself if you don't know :reductive:

ChavaWM

"One five ten lay a million on me" is the new

"...wanna touch you for a minute, baby, 3 seconds is enough for my heart to quit"

Gonzi
6 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Joanne lacks soul...that's the theme for the Joanne Monster

bVxMYby.gif

omg is this gif real? :emma: if so I need a link 

Panchecco
49 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

omg is this gif real? :emma: if so I need a link 

I don't know if this was the exact video but here you go 

on August 1 and August 4 she performed ARTPOP in that outfit

Noir

I cannot even with this thread, clearly you're listening to a different album to me

That J

The song Joanne ALONE has more soul to it than anything I've heard in 5 years at least.   

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived