💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Introducing; ionnalee (iamamiwhoami)

Helxig

Featured Posts

Helxig

Iamamiwhoami has officially announced her return under her new stage name, ionnalee - what seems to be a combination of her name Jonna Lee, and her former stage name iamamiwhoami, in a new teaser trailer.

Her new project looks really amazing, and for me at least, it has dispelled any concern that it won't live up to her old work.

Can't wait to see what she brings under this new incarnation! :excited2:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Irrelevant

wait, who? :air:

seems interesting though 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

tomsches

still sounds and looks like iamamiwhoami, so I don't quite get the name change

Helxig
6 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

wait, who? :air:

seems interesting though 

Oh girl, you have some catching up to do.

Back in 2010 a series of strange videos randomly appeared on YouTube, seemingly hints as to a musical project. It gained a lot of attention and the mystery of it all went viral. Each video would release a string of numbers or an animal or a letter, accompanied with an artistic music video in an alternate world, featuring an enigmatic woman. The videos were uploaded every Tuesday, and eventually they reached out to fans who had been following the mystery. Whoever first submitted the correct guess of who the artist was, would get to see her perform all her songs live for the first time (I think that's what it was, it was 7 years ago so my memory is fuzzy). It was amazing to watch unroll, and this is back in a time where YouTube was not what it is today. And utilising it in such a way was genius and very innovative! She eventually showed everyone that she was Jonna Lee, a Swedish singer-songwriter whose previous music was very different to her music as iamamiwhoami.

It was so fun to watch it all happen back in the day. I remember people looking into coding on the net and finding what country the videos were being uploaded from, and stalking celebrities Twitters, etc!

Here's her first mysterious video that started it all...

Say it with me: ICONIC.

SychosSoChic

Hou dit.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Giorno Giovanna

omgmgmgmg

yassss

2017 will save us from this musical drought again.

Lorde _ check

iamamiwhoami aka ionnalee _ check

Katy Perry with a futuristic dance album _ check

Goldfrapp with an iamamiwhoami styled album (musically and visually) _ check

:excited2::excited2::excited2:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

HauntingHollow

Yaaaaas

Iamamiwhoami has the best visuals albums ever ( and yes i am shadin )

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Helxig
8 minutes ago, tomsches said:

still sounds and looks like iamamiwhoami, so I don't quite get the name change

Well iamamiwhoami is the name she created to represent the mysterious creator right at the beginning. I guess now that everyone knows she's Jonna Lee, maybe she wanted to ditch the name created purposely to hide her identity. I'm not big on name changes, but I kinda like that she combined her real name and her original stage name.

Iamamiwhoami is very questioning. "I am... am I? ... Who am I?" and now she's stating as ionnalee "I am Jonna Lee", and the letter i looks like the letter j, and she's merged her names into one long name like her first name. Very clever imo!

It's probably been a long time coming!

Irrelevant
14 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Oh girl, you have some catching up to do.

Back in 2010 a series of strange videos randomly appeared on YouTube, seemingly hints as to a musical project. It gained a lot of attention and the mystery of it all went viral. Each video would release a string of numbers or an animal or a letter, accompanied with an artistic music video in an alternate world, featuring an enigmatic woman. The videos were uploaded every Tuesday, and eventually they reached out to fans who had been following the mystery. Whoever first submitted the correct guess of who the artist was, would get to see her perform all her songs live for the first time (I think that's what it was, it was 7 years ago so my memory is fuzzy). It was amazing to watch unroll, and this is back in a time where YouTube was not what it is today. And utilising it in such a way was genius and very innovative! She eventually showed everyone that she was Jonna Lee, a Swedish singer-songwriter whose previous music was very different to her music as iamamiwhoami.

It was so fun to watch it all happen back in the day. I remember people looking into coding on the net and finding what country the videos were being uploaded from, and stalking celebrities Twitters, etc!

Here's her first mysterious video that started it all...

Say it with me: ICONIC.

iconic tbh :lolly:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Helxig

I just realised some videos have been deleted! Whyyy? :giveup: 

There used to be videos of the 'winner' getting a note on their apartment door and getting in a car to go and travel to meet iamamiwhoami. (although if memory serves, the whole thing ended up being a bust because their passport was expired) I wanted to relive the memories of how exciting it must have been for that person!

Edit: and the long video of the first live performance of all her music in that elaborate set in the forest! Noooo!

Panchecco
11 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Edit: and the long video of the first live performance of all her music in that elaborate set in the forest! Noooo!

this one? 

I had never heard about this artist before this thread but now I am so curious 

Archived