Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Teasers for Lorde's new single, out 3/3

Petrichor

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

olay, she better be mocking with this: Drinking from a drinking straw with a ditzy look and the overly bubbly sound of the music!

If the whole thing goes that way it kinda makes her first album a stunt than anything else. -.-'

i cant wait.........

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Jenniferella
5 hours ago, JohnWayne23 said:

I am so intrigued to see wether she will soar or flop

I fear she may have waited too long (especially going from debut to sophomore album) cuz i brought up that she's releasing new music to my friends the other day and they were like "i forgot she existed."

So perhaps only music lovers like us are still into her?

I hope she succeeds though

Another alt girl, Alanis Morissette, waited over 3 years between her US debut and sophomore album and it didn't go too well for her. The lead single to the sophomore album was a hit, but she pretty much flopped after that.

Why would you compare Alanis Morissette who released music in the 90's to Lorde releasing in the 10's ? There is no way to compare them seeing the context and their respective styles.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

I can't really give my opinion based on this snippet :smh: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Pray4FameGa

Not gonna lie. I know it's only like 5 seconds and I will wait to judge, but so far I'm a bit gutted.

Sounds like she's just abandoned the dark, epic sound that made her unique for this light boppy pop sound. She also sort of confirmed this when talking about the direction of her album on twitter a few weeks ago by saying it wasn't going to a sprawling dark album with big production but a fun light dance album

RIP Lorde :cryga:

Petrichor
4 hours ago, Juvi said:

olay, she better be mocking with this: Drinking from a drinking straw with a ditzy look and the overly bubbly sound of the music!

If the whole thing goes that way it kinda makes her first album a stunt than anything else. -.-'

Anything Lorde does is layered, complex, and allegorical, so I highly doubt the images depicted in the teaser are supposed to be taken at face value. At very least, it's probably a satirical depiction of the stereotypical pop star.

Petrichor
2 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Not gonna lie. I know it's only like 5 seconds and I will wait to judge, but so far I'm a bit gutted.

Sounds like she's just abandoned the dark, epic sound that made her unique for this light boppy pop sound. She also sort of confirmed this when talking about the direction of her album on twitter a few weeks ago by saying it wasn't going to a sprawling dark album with big production but a fun light dance album

RIP Lorde :cryga:

It's only five seconds of one layer of the song.

JohnWayne23
3 hours ago, DevilHeart said:

Why would you compare Alanis Morissette who released music in the 90's to Lorde releasing in the 10's ? There is no way to compare them seeing the context and their respective styles.

i compare them because there both acts that were big with there first album and waited a while to release their second. 

I've read it before in Billboard mag from executives that waiting too long to release a sophomore album is a risky thing to do. Not saying Lorde and Alanis r the same person. I could've chosen someone else in that same situation 

Archived