video

DL: Marry The Night EMA 2011 1080P & More (Original Non-Youtube rip)

BornToSlay

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BornToSlay

• chizzum

• Reno

• Haus

Top Posters In This Topic

1080 is the number of horizontal rows of pixels. i is for interlaced and p is for progressive. In interlaced, only every other line is seen at a time and they are alternated very quickly so that it appears to be a single image. In progressive, all lines are displayed at once. Long story short, 1080p is better than 1080i.

InterlaceProgressive1.jpg

No, sorry this 2 channel, I did not make this video so I don't have access to the 5.1 broadcast (if it exists in the first place)

well that depends, you're using the 1080i as the source so you aint gaining anything in this case.

Am wondering, was this broadcast in 5.1 surround? I recall last year's show being 5.1. If so, could you possibly get us a rip of that audio? <3 thanks

there was a Dolby-E track with the feed, i have not checked if it is 5.1 or 2.0 yet. I will get back to you when i checked it. If there is a 5.1 track i can make a reencode to ac3 or similar and upload a new version (should be better then the MTV Live HD in any case, if they did 5.1 which i dunno).

It's better than before, but it still lags in some parts, couldn't you just recommand me some software to convert .mkv files to .ts ? It would solve me a lot of problems in the future too.

If you're using VLC, that's the problem. VLC is usually horrible with HD MKV files. Use Media Player Classic.

Mind if I ask, what's the difference?

Basically, 1080p just has the solid frames there, like any typical video. P stands for progressive. With 1080i, there are 2 different images at every frame in separate fields. When the video is broadcast, the 2 images are interlaced back together to make the one frame. I stands for interlaced. This image should help:

hdtv1.jpg

Let the top row stand for 1080p and the bottom for 1080i. The 2 images for every frame each have 540 lines, so when they're interlaced back together, they're 1920x1080.

Edited by Haus

there was a Dolby-E track with the feed, i have not checked if it is 5.1 or 2.0 yet. I will get back to you when i checked it. If there is a 5.1 track i can make a reencode to ac3 or similar and upload a new version (should be better then the MTV Live HD in any case, if they did 5.1 which i dunno).

Yep it was 5.1, i reencoded it into DD5.1 (there is no non commercial decoder for Dolby-E) and will up a new version with ac3 instead of the mp2.