news

Gaga Invited to Join Metallica as Fifth Member

SMO

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

True or not, I'm surprised they've been phrasing it like this. It's not like "We wish she could become a member of the band," it's "we want her to become a member of the band." As awesome as that is that they support her and she's offered to be part of a legendary group, this suggestion that she could genuinely decide to join is a bit...insulting, to say the least. I mean, Gaga is big enough as a soloist that she can keep being solo. She has her own career, her own musical aims, her own fans, to please. She didn't build up her career just to become a singer in Metallica, she did it for herself, to send a message as a soloist. I can understand Adam Lambert joining Queen because he no longer has any clout as a soloist (and he never did, not really), with his last album selling just 42k in the US. Joining a band and basically abandoning his solo career for the moment therefore, isn't that big of a deal and could actually benefit him more than continuing to be solo. But Gaga? She's still slaying very well considering the current era music is in. She has a big fanbase that can't be let down. To suggest that someone like that should join a band permanently, therefore ending her artistic vision as a soloist, is insulting. And considering she's a woman as well, the suggestion is also that a female needs to be surrounded by men in order to be successful and she's comfortable taking a backseat in actual music creation and is happy just to sing. Yeah, suck it.

This would be epically AWESOME!! :excited2:

At least for one era like how she did jazz with Tony. The chances of this happening is like aliens making contact, so if it happens... just whoa... like the universe trying to tell me something profound and beautiful... :firega: and there was MetalliGa and it was good!

Silence those demons... . 🖤

RochestrMonstr

It wouldn't even need to be a true era. I doubt she would join them permanently, but they could make amazing new music together! Even if it's just like an EP, although I'm sure they could do a full-length album and tour and have it be amazing!

Jewels n Drugs

Can they just feature her on a song and keep it moving.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

I think she would have a lot of fun with that so I'd be here for it but I think she is too busy for that with the tour coming and the movie. 

Slay the straights!

43 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

True or not, I'm surprised they've been phrasing it like this. It's not like "We wish she could become a member of the band," it's "we want her to become a member of the band." As awesome as that is that they support her and she's offered to be part of a legendary group, this suggestion that she could genuinely decide to join is a bit...insulting, to say the least. I mean, Gaga is big enough as a soloist that she can keep being solo. She has her own career, her own musical aims, her own fans, to please. She didn't build up her career just to become a singer in Metallica, she did it for herself, to send a message as a soloist. I can understand Adam Lambert joining Queen because he no longer has any clout as a soloist (and he never did, not really), with his last album selling just 42k in the US. Joining a band and basically abandoning his solo career for the moment therefore, isn't that big of a deal and could actually benefit him more than continuing to be solo. But Gaga? She's still slaying very well considering the current era music is in. She has a big fanbase that can't be let down. To suggest that someone like that should join a band permanently, therefore ending her artistic vision as a soloist, is insulting. And considering she's a woman as well, the suggestion is also that a female needs to be surrounded by men in order to be successful and she's comfortable taking a backseat in actual music creation and is happy just to sing. Yeah, suck it.

Lars was saying they "want" to offer her a position in the band as an "honorary" member. Honorary, as in they think she's so professional and meshes with the band so well that she has a welcome spot waiting for her if so she ever chooses to work with them again.

No one is ordering Gaga, as a respected, lauded, and awarded solo artist and as a adult woman fully in control of her career, what to do.

They really like her and Lars sees potential in further work with her, not to mention praising her highly here which Metallica rarely does with artists of other genres.

How you saw insult in that is like reading between the lines in a whole different book not even being offered... :shrug:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

artpopulace

Only for an EP and a all-stadium mini-tour  :nails:after  she collaborates with Queen :grr:

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, ARTPOPulace said:

Only for an EP and a all-stadium mini-tour  :nails:after  she collaborates with Queen :grr:

Queen isn't likely to happen. Adam is already filling up the niche. MetalliGa is our one shot of a potentially successful crossover era at this point

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PanPikus

How this can be a news?  :what:  He said it a couple of days after Grammys..  :saladga:   Maybe we should start making threads with newses like : It's 2017 : Gaga performed at the Superbowl : Gaga announced World Tour : Children go to school : Breaking NEWS : Lady Gaga is only a nickname of Stefani Germanotta : Little monsters are Lady Gaga's fans : etc.....
Totally not fresh info :bye:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

Archived