Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Most Underrated Vocalist in Music

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

Nicole Scherzinger. Her solo work is forgettable, more or less, as his most of her Pussycat Dolls discography. But wow, can she sing. I wish she'd make music that really relies on her voice and perhaps some more personal lyrics. Take the song Run from her second album, and just really build an album around that: raw, personal, etc. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HauntingHollow

Technical standpoint - Gaga, her technique is superior to most of pop girls these day except for Beyonce.

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Xtina.

They judge her by the look, the sexual persona etc and not by her amazing voice.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

FATCAT
27 minutes ago, MGC said:

Anyway she may not be the greatest but I have a thing for Janelle Monae.

This. But she's underrated overall, not just on vocals.

Purr more, hiss less.

bayonse
13 minutes ago, River said:

Xtina.

They judge her by the look, the sexual persona etc and not by her amazing voice.

but I thought xtina was known for her (sometimes messy) vocals? 

giphy.gif 

no more parties in LA

JustAnotherDay
15 minutes ago, River said:

Xtina.

Not really, Xtina is known for her belting and melisma.

Spoiler

Which are btw not very good, her technique is absolutely awful. She has no idea how to properly sing and it has destroyed her voice. She had a lot of potential but she ruined it.

was NickARTPOP

33 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Lady Gaga and Miley Cirus

Yeah, I don't think most people have a clue what a real singer Miley is.

37 minutes ago, MGC said:

Anyway she may not be the greatest but I have a thing for Janelle Monae.

She's massively underrated as an artist, not just vocals.

44 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I'd say Lady Gaga.

Gaga's voice is spectacular, but she's the only artist I know of that has a majority of the GeePee thinking she can't sing.

You think that's still true after C2C, Oscars, and the National Anthem?

Ooolong
1 minute ago, NickARTPOP said:

Not really, Xtina is known for her belting and melisma.

Reveal hidden contents

Which are btw not very good, her technique is absolutely awful. She has no idea how to properly sing and it has destroyed her voice. She had a lot of potential but she ruined it.

Nn, cash me outside with that spoiler. 

First and foremost, Christina has some outstanding riffs and runs, so that's that on that. I can't really argue that because it's an opinion but she has some of the best riffs out there, especially in the studio. Most artists just continue stringing together simple and short runs and try to make them seem more impressive than they actually are. 

Christina is very much aware of how to sing properly and execute proper technique. She's received formal training, often sings with good technique in the studio, and has given us the occasionally good technical live performance. But for a lot of her live performances her voice and technique is less than perfect but it's more than likely due to stylistic reasons. Christina is a HUGE Etta James fan and has, in a way, mimicked her voice (her growls and underlying rasp). Other than stylistic reasoning, she's simply very lazy (We could also partially blame Linda Perry for encouraging her 'imperfect vocals' during the Stripped era, but I won't go into that). :emma: But saying she has "no idea how to properly sing" is wrong. Her voice has also declined but to say it's destroyed is far from the truth. For the past two years she's given some great vocal performances. A lot of people are ignoring that and focusing on the poor Lotus era vocals. 

Here are two of her most technical and restrained performances (especially 'I Love You Porgy'): 

Tagging you too, @bayonse, cause why not

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Archived