💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CTTR vs MR Fan Double Standards?

Economy

Featured Posts

FRANZGA

@Economy you've got a point there cause it really looked like some are being delusional trying to make it look like a FLOP cause it isn't.. it's debuting top10 and that's far from FLOP.

here are the reasons I guess:

1. it's just FUN to drag BIG POP ACTS underperforming

2. Kat's have been an ass for years, dragged monsters to the pits, laughing at us in every flops and underperformance, calling GAGA a fad and they've been so sure that Katy cannot flop with her lead that she'll do easily 200k sales 1st wk.. 150k at worst.. they got their laugh during ARTPOP Mess and dragged the PI bombing.. so you can't blame monsters for acting SUCH, can you?? it's childish but it's FUN.. not really that serious...

3. Katy is named to be a digital queen, the only ARTIST to sell 5or6 songs that reached the 5 million mark in US.. she came from a very successful era, so evrybody is kind of expecting BIG BIG NUMBERS.. She's doing good streaming wise but not that great, look at Selena not even listed in TTH but debut top5.. Katy after all the promo and listings on the other hand is just OKAY.. GOOD

4. Monsters are pressed cause we don't have that spotify and radio deal.. :hor:

once again, you can't really come for your fellow monsters dragging the kats except those super extra maybe cause we're just letting them taste their own medicine after all these years.. and also CTTR may have done good but considering Katy's position prior CTTR debut, I can say that it's performance is really underwhelming (no need to deny that as there's no need for us to deny also that APPLAUSE performance is underwhelming too)

now, i'm wondering if this will stay on top10 for long.. will this be her Applause??

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 hour ago, Giorgio said:

All I know is that streams shouldnt count towards charts.

Why? Its how most ppl listen to music now (myself included)

and tbh in some ways its a better way to track popularity than sales

people only buy a single once (only obssessed fans trying to chart a song will buy it multiple times)

After someone buys it, a sale is a sale. Makes no difference if they get tired of a song after a week or if they listen to it regularly for 2 more months

Streaming on the otherhand u can track real listens which u cant with sales

So i actually think its a superior way to track popularity

Whispering
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Debuting at #1 is hard for anyone even Perry. Gaga herself only did it once too. Doing it once doesnt mean it should become an expectation. I was talking about sales specifically

So was I. Her debut single did not go to number one on iTunes...and that's not that hard to do....especially for KP. (Or that used to be the case) 

Economy
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

So was I. Her debut single did not go to number one on iTunes...and that's not that hard to do....especially for KP. (Or that used to be the case) 

Oh thats what u meant. I thought  u meant on hot 100

Chained to the Rhythm just isn't a good song. I think what pisses off Gaga fans is that Gaga has amazing vocals, puts in the work, is a multi-talented musician and still gets paid dust and yet Katy can come out with CTTR, doesn't have great live vocals (see grammy performance mic feed) and it still gets catapulted toward the top for being a run-of-the-mill pop song with a "political message," that's more half-hearted than meaningful. 

Although in the end, look who has more Grammys :classy:

FrankGutz
10 hours ago, Economy said:

Well... true she has a deal with them i wont dispute that

But as for MR... it wont be added unless it becomes a big hit. Thats for every song, u cant blame spotify

1 week in top 10 after a discount and superbowl doesnt count. Its gotta keep rising on radio and remain in top 20 for sometime before going into any top hits list

then why shen wasnt on the playlist of the Grammys when she was a performer or how singles that havent even chart in the top 50s are in the TTH playlist while MR who have topped the charts in several times, still dont get an add

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Economy
1 hour ago, frankgutz said:

then why shen wasnt on the playlist of the Grammys when she was a performer or how singles that havent even chart in the top 50s are in the TTH playlist while MR who have topped the charts in several times, still dont get an add

They got their barometers to decide

Spotify is a business. They are not gonna deny the public demands just because they dont like something. It isnt some personal vendetta against Gaga. Thats so unrealistic

Garantee if MR continues to climb in radio spins and AI and increases in streaming they will add it to those top lists

47 minutes ago, Economy said:

They got their barometers to decide

Spotify is a business. They are not gonna deny the public demands just because they dont like something. It isnt some personal vendetta against Gaga. Thats so unrealistic

Garantee if MR continues to climb in radio spins and AI and increases in streaming they will add it to those top lists

I wish I could believe this.   But there is a certain someone with great sway at Spotify who does have a vendetta.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Economy
11 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I wish I could believe this.   But there is a certain someone with great sway at Spotify who does have a vendetta.

Guys most artists fade in hype and success and radio support and partnerships after just 3-4 years

The reduced support gaga gets is not unusual especially since she doesnt try as hard as some to be commercial. yall need to stop with these vendetta conspiracy theories :rip: 

u think Gaga is the only artist with past success that releases good music people like yet it isnt spinned much on radio anymore? OR promoted on platforms? (in this case spotify)

Paying radio to play your song is not comparable to people paying you to buy your song.

Sales are simply that much more impressive. Especially right now.

Economy
Just now, uo111 said:

Paying radio to play your song is not comparable to people paying you to buy your song.

Sales are simply that much more impressive. Especially right now.

Gaga has had radio deals too so lets not

Also streaming can be more accurate than sales

7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Guys most artists fade in hype and success and radio support and partnerships after just 3-4 years

The reduced support gaga gets is not unusual especially since she doesnt try as hard as some to be commercial. yall need to stop with these vendetta conspiracy theories :rip: 

u think Gaga is the only artist with past success that releases good music people like yet it isnt spinned much on radio anymore? OR promoted on platforms? (in this case spotify)

I hope you're right.  I don't like the conspiracy theory but I have been having a hard time understanding what is going on with radio and spotify.  You mention Gaga doesn't try as hard as some to be commercial.  One aspect of that could be she doesn't pay radio while others do.  If that's the case, it could explain a lot.  I'm not saying I know, I'm just trying to make sense of it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived