đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Double meaning in John Wayne

Oriane

Featured Posts

Oriane

I just realized something today...

So I was looking for movies to watch on Netflix and saw something titled "A faster horse". What immediately came to my mind was the lyrics from John Wayne "Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse, and can you go a little faster?!" and by curiosity I checked the summary to see what it was talking about. And it's a documentary about mustangs (the cars).

And then it clicked. She's not only talking about a horse but about the car, the mustang, that is referred to just after. So she's in the back of the car and asking to go a little faster... There's still a double meaning because in the MV she's on a real horse and she wanted to give it a cowboy touch I guess.

Had you ever thought about that ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Decodekid
1 minute ago, Misaki said:

Whenever she sings "Every John is just the same", I keep thinking she's singing about a d!ck.

:air:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

crisTEAne

well, yeah. i mean the words car, mustang, horse, power, horsepower are strongly associated with and connote one another. :emma: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

darkchylde
9 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

She's not only talking about a horse but about the car, the mustang,

C4-sQPLXAAAqxw5.jpg

5 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Whenever she sings "Every John is just the same", I keep thinking she's singing about a d!ck.

omg that would be straigh up old Gaga

it never crossed my mind

Feminist Anthem, John Wayne, who would have thought

Helxig
11 hours ago, T E Anne said:

well, yeah. i mean the words car, mustang, horse, power, horsepower are strongly associated with and connote one another. :emma: 

This, combined with the fact that she's spoken about being into 'modern day cowboys'. Men driving mustangs, and riding motorbikes, are her romanticized version of the modern day cowboy riding his horse and living recklessly. Because she craves a 'real wild man'.

This is also echoed in the story she told years ago of first meeting Taylor Kinney, and he recklessly and rebelliously took her off the set and away from her bodyguards, and drove her fast on his motorcycle, and how it moved her to tears and her helmet fogged up.

She's a very clever songwriter and her songs often have multiple themes and metaphors and slang all mixed in together. Venus is another example of her great songwriting skills!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

15jocart

I go to school in Philly, where the most popular slang word is "jawn," which means any person, place, or thing.

I was showing my friend the JW video and he said "did she say 'every jawn is just the same?' " and he got super excited so I said yes :giggle:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Archived