Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie's Response

blackstar

Featured Posts

Impostor
Just now, SpookyKid said:

I have no real answer because this topic is stupid

It was clearly a joke, if you watch 1 of his videos you can clearly see he's a good guy

I've watched his videos for over a year. I'm not sure he's a good guy. Funny, maybe.

I guess people have different tastes. :interestinga: Anyway, I'm getting out of this mess.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was lowkey blown out of proportions but it isn't funny still. I know he has an audience of 15 year olds who enjoy watching someone screaming at a computer who will defend him blindly, but that doesn't mean that other people will defend his racist and other jokes. He should've known better, it's not like he is new to this. 

I like dancin', and ponies....

Argentum

All this mess will mean nothing in the long run and we should not waste our energy discussing it.

Media will forget (and probably won't apologize for taking imagery out of context) and pewdiepie will keep his audience, since the majority of us seemed to understand the nature of the joke or choose to overlook. He just took a blow - both social and economic - but he will recuperate and he will definitely think twice before using offensive humor lightly.

However, what I deduced from this whole situation is that media credibility is severely damaged. Clickbait culture has stripped modern journalism of their ethics and has allowed the "fake news" notion to claim power as an "acceptable" argument.

People now understand that modern media employ clickbait tactics to produce revenue and are increasingly disappointed in them. This has created fertile ground for certain groups to use the phrase "fake news" as a political argument to such a degree that it has sipped into the modern vernacular.

Not only the incompetent Trump uses "fake news" as a way to combat his  opposition, but you can see that countless people (of either party and even teenagers) tweet "fake news" under the news sites' articles, showing their distaste. And I find this whole situation troubling...

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

11 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

Well it's not a funny word and you can't complain about cultural imperialism while still using Hollywood as an excuse.

I know the media is wrong for this and they should have never made this smear campaign against him. YouTube and Disney are disassociating from him because of this media outrage but they are not on the wrong for doing that. They have the right to decide who they make ties with and PewDiePie's irresponsible actions are enough reason for them to disassociate from him.

I'm not "complaining" about cultural imperialism, I'm just saying that telling other people how they should feel about certain words is self-centered and narcissistic. If America as a whole wants to dictate how the world should feel about the N word, then that's cultural imperialism. Hollywood obviously sells the entire world their products because they want money, thus they sell us the N word as something that cool people say. So they tell us that cool people say it, but then they say that it's a horrible word that nobody should say, and that's their f*cked up double standard message. And then you want to be offended when a Swedish person uses it? F*ck off.

There were NO irresponsible actions by PewDiePie though! he just made a joke you disagree with. WSJ labelled him Anti-Semite because of that one joke. The reason why they cut ties with him wasn't because of the joke, which happened some time ago by the way. The reason was because WSJ cornered them into doing it, with no legitimate reason whatsoever because WSJ's entire article is intentional misrepresentation for the sake of click-bait. But I'm feeling like we agree on this entire thing. WSJ is in the wrong - PewDiePie should be outraged - Companies have a right to cut ties with whoever client they want. Great.

10 minutes ago, River said:

Logic of GGD users:

Death to Jews - joke

Death to white/black/christians/muslim - not a joke.

Just be honest for a second and admit that if it was death to another group of people you would react differently..

refer to:

30 minutes ago, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

Yes, i want to see him in his death bed.

Death of white? no one cared. So yeah. I've seen you make this exact same argument before. Just admit that it's bullsh*t.

11 minutes ago, River said:

Lately Hitler, Holocaust and antisemitic jokes became normal, you see them everywhere, nobody gives a **** about what happened.. just go to 9GAG and see for yourself, every second meme is admiring Hitler, laughing about the holocaust and so on..

So just stop with the "joke" excuse, it's not a joke! and you can't say that he's intelligent guy but at the same time to say that he did a stupid "joke" and didn't understand how bad it is.. maybe he's not antisemitic but he's not very intelligent like people says here..

I disagree. Hitler jokes have been popular ever since I was a kid. In fact, I think Hitler jokes have existed since I have use of memory. It's not a new trend, it's not in the rise. The only thing in the rise, actually, is extreme oversensitivity to humor due to SJW and their preposterous ideas of what liberalism is. Which actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. What you need to realize is that Hitler is not more famous and popular now. What's more famous are entitled people who want to censor anything and everything they disagree with.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

1 minute ago, Rescued said:

refer to:

Death of white? no one cared. So yeah. I've seen you make this exact same argument before. Just admit that it's bullsh*t.

I disagree. Hitler jokes have been popular ever since I was a kid. In fact, I think Hitler jokes have existed since I have use of memory. It's not a new trend, it's not in the rise. The only thing in the rise, actually, is extreme oversensitivity to humor due to SJW and their preposterous ideas of what liberalism is. Which actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. What you need to realize is that Hitler is not more famous and popular now. What's more famous are entitled people who want to censor anything and everything they disagree with.

I'm not going to admit that it's bullshit.. what I said is true, there is a selective way of reactions of people depends on the group of people that the racism was toward them.

"Death to muslims" would bring different reactions and it wouldn't be a joke.

There is a Hitler joke which is nice from time to time, just to laugh AT Hitler and there is a racist joke that it's purpose is to admire him..

Let's not act like there is no a hate to Jews, or less care about them.. even before the SWJ era, no one gave a **** about the Jews..so just stop..

And the funny thing is that most of his supporters are extreme SJW when it comes to different group of people..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DrewStevens
15 minutes ago, Rescued said:

I'm not "complaining" about cultural imperialism, I'm just saying that telling other people how they should feel about certain words is self-centered and narcissistic. If America as a whole wants to dictate how the world should feel about the N word, then that's cultural imperialism. Hollywood obviously sells the entire world their products because they want money, thus they sell us the N word as something that cool people say. So they tell us that cool people say it, but then they say that it's a horrible word that nobody should say, and that's their f*cked up double standard message. And then you want to be offended when a Swedish person uses it? F*ck off.

There were NO irresponsible actions by PewDiePie though! he just made a joke you disagree with. WSJ labelled him Anti-Semite because of that one joke. The reason why they cut ties with him wasn't because of the joke, which happened some time ago by the way. The reason was because WSJ cornered them into doing it, with no legitimate reason whatsoever because WSJ's entire article is intentional misrepresentation for the sake of click-bait. But I'm feeling like we agree on this entire thing. WSJ is in the wrong - PewDiePie should be outraged - Companies have a right to cut ties with whoever client they want. Great.

refer to:

I agree with you about the media but you're clearly misinformed on the N word topic.

I already showed you that the N word is not only offensive in America but in all English speaking countries, so saying that America is trying to dictate other countries how to feel about the word is completely nonsensical. 

I have never watched an American film where a Caucasian person says the N word.

Ignorance is not an excuse for derogatory language. I wasn't born in America and I know that as a Caucasian person I shouldn't say the N word because I try to educate myself before trying to be cool. 

White people can't be offended but POC have the right to be offended when a white person who speaks fluent English says the N word as if it was a cool word.

1 minute ago, River said:

I'm not going to admit that it's bullshit.. what I said is true, there is a selective way of reactions of people depends on the group of people that the racism was toward them.

ugh don't use that word. Makes everything so uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, River said:

"Death to muslims" would bring different reactions and it wouldn't be a joke.

There is a Hitler joke which is nice from time to time, just to laugh AT Hitler and there is a racist joke that it's purpose is to admire him..

Let's not act like there is no a hate to Jews, or less care about them.. even before the SWJ era, no one gave a **** about the Jews..so just stop..

And the funny thing is that most of his supporters are extreme SJW when it comes to different group of people..

I think you have a legitimate point here. I agree that different kinds of jokes create very different reactions, and Hitler jokes are much more accepted than Muslim jokes. I don't know where you're trying to get at with this though. I mean, you do know that this is solely because of the current 'hot-topics' of our society. I suppose that making a missile joke during the Cold War would've been considered offensive. But it's not a current issue anymore, so we slowly soften up to it. Same with Anti-Semitism: of course there's anti semitic people around because there's all kinds of people around. But it's simply absurd to suggest that Anti-Semitism is as touchy as Immigration or Islam. WWII is not an issue anymore. which does not take away the fact that you're allowed to be offended!! But you need to acknowledge that different reactions depending on our social context are to be expected, and it has nothing to do with us starting to "adore" Hitler or approving of his anti-semitic policies. Be offended if you want, but don't expect the entire world to be just as offended about a harmless joke.

6 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

White people can't be offended but POC have the right to be offended when a white person who speak fluent English say the N word as if it was a cool word.

I think you're missing the entire point of this whole conversation. Black people can be offended if they want. You can be offended if you want. I can be offended if I want. Let's all be offended together. It still doesn't take away the fact that PewDiePie can and should be able to say whatever he wants, and we are nobody to tell him how he should interpret these words. You cannot expect him to feel scared to his very core of using that word because that's not his culture. His way of seeing the world has been formed by American media who overall take it very lightly. Let's stop telling him how to behave and what words to use. If you like his use of words go ahead and click the like button and subscribe to his channel great content every Tuesdays only on youtube and stay awesome bros! 
And if you don't...well, close the tab :ladyhaha:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

DrewStevens
6 minutes ago, Rescued said:

I think you have a legitimate point here. I agree that different kinds of jokes create very different reactions, and Hitler jokes are much more accepted than Muslim jokes. I don't know where you're trying to get at with this though. I mean, you do know that this is solely because of the current 'hot-topics' of our society. I suppose that making a missile joke during the Cold War would've been considered offensive. But it's not a current issue anymore, so we slowly soften up to it. Same with Anti-Semitism: of course there's anti semitic people around because there's all kinds of people around. But it's simply absurd to suggest that Anti-Semitism is as touchy as Immigration or Islam. WWII is not an issue anymore. which does not take away the fact that you're allowed to be offended!! But you need to acknowledge that different reactions depending on our social context are to be expected, and it has nothing to do with us starting to "adore" Hitler or approving of his anti-semitic policies. Be offended if you want, but don't expect the entire world to be just as offended about a harmless joke.

I think you're missing the entire point of this whole conversation. Black people can be offended if they want. You can be offended if you want. I can be offended if I want. Let's all be offended together. It still doesn't take away the fact that PewDiePie can and should be able to say whatever he wants, and we are nobody to tell him how he should interpret these words. You cannot expect him to feel scared to his very core of using that word because that's not his culture. His way of seeing the world has been formed by American media who overall take it very lightly. Let's stop telling him how to behave and what words to use. If you like his use of words go ahead and click the like button and subscribe to his channel great content every Tuesdays only on youtube and stay awesome bros! 
And if you don't...well, close the tab 

I think you're the one who is mistthe point.

No one is saying he can't say such things. He can say the n word if he wants to, he can even say "death to all fags and trannies" if he wants to, it's not a crime. But he will still face backlash because just like he is entitled to say whatever he wants everyone else is entitled to do the same including the media and companies like Disney and Google.

He got himself into this mess and there's nothing he can do now. If he was more responsible with his content this would have never happened.

4 minutes ago, Rescued said:

Yeah you are right about that word, I hate it too but I'm making this mistake too sometimes lol sorry :laughga:

I never said that his antisemitic, not every joke comes from antisemitism, but there is a line and he crossed it here and I just don't think that he deserves this empathy, it's more than a mistake, he touched a very delicate subject, you can laugh about Jews and money, big nose, whatever, but death to Jews is still very delicate and bringing back bad memories, especially when even now at present time there are a lot of people that believe that Jews must die... so to normalize it or joke about it is irresponsible and absolutely idiotic. he made a mistake and he needs to be punished by it, it's part of life in some sense.. some people lost their jobs for different kind of sentences that they said (there was this tv girl or politician, I don't remember, that said something about black people that got fired for example). words have power, especially at Trump era...

WWII is not an issue but holocaust is still is, it's still a fresh history and there are still survivors alive in the world..

Something changed about the holocaust, people are even doing selfies in Auschwitz while there are shoes of the victims in background..

And it's not necessarily from antisemitism, but from ignorance..

***I'm very honest, on 9GAG there are a lot of posts that admires Hitler, there are many complains to stop this but it's kinda impossible, check it if you have time..***

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Redstreak

Not the first few responses defending anti-semitism as "shock humor" :giveup: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

28 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

I think you're the one who is mistthe point.

No one is saying he can't say such things. He can say the n word if he wants to, he can even say "death to all fags and trannies" if he wants to, it's not a crime. But he will still face backlash because just like he is entitled to say whatever he wants everyone else is entitled to do the same including the media and companies like Disney and Google.

No, he's not allowed to say "death to all fags and trannies", because that's hate speech, which is prohibited under YouTube's terms and conditions. His videos contain no hate speech whatsoever, and that's why they're still up on his channel. Using the N word is not hate speech because that's a stupid idea.

This whole scandal is not about him facing "backlash" for his actions. he didn't face any backlash, because he made a stupid joke and that was all there was to it. The problem is entirely different: WSJ made a deceitful article that contained no factual information whatsoever in an attempt to tarnish his reputation. They lied about all the things they said. They factually lied, and that smear campaign cost PewDiePie a lot. 
Your argument is that he has to face backlash when he does something wrong, well, let PewDiePie face the backlash he deserves when he actually does something wrong, not when a bunch of losers decide to destroy his career for clicks.

18 minutes ago, River said:

I never said that his antisemitic, not every joke comes from antisemitism, but there is a line and he crossed it here

see, this is the problem here. I don't think he crossed any line. The whole narrative of his videos was: "There's this website right? that's so stupid that allows people to do literally anything for money! I mean LITERALLY. You could say the most disgusting stuff, like "death to all jews"...and they will actually do it, watch."  If anything, I think he knew exactly how wrong it was, and that's exactly why he chose that sentence. The fact that the idiots actually did it is the part that I find hilarious because PewDiePie was right and the idea is actually f*cked up.

18 minutes ago, River said:

I just don't think that he deserves this empathy, it's more than a mistake, he touched a very delicate subject, you can laugh about Jews and money, big nose, whatever, but death to Jews is still very delicate and bringing back bad memories, especially when even now at present time there are a lot of people that believe that Jews must die... so to normalize it or joke about it is irresponsible and absolutely idiotic. he made a mistake and he needs to be punished by it, it's part of life in some sense.. some people lost their jobs for different kind of sentences that they said (there was this tv girl or politician, I don't remember, that said something about black people that got fired for example). words have power, especially at Trump era...

WWII is not an issue but holocaust is still is, it's still a fresh history and there are still survivors alive in the world..

Something changed about the holocaust, people are even doing selfies in Auschwitz while there are shoes of the victims in background..

And it's not necessarily from antisemitism, but from ignorance..

***I'm very honest, on 9GAG there are a lot of posts that admires Hitler, there are many complains to stop this but it's kinda impossible, check it if you have time..***

I personally believe that nothing is out of boundaries when it comes to comedy. But that's just me. In general I agree with you that he should be punished for his actions, but my problem with this whole thing is that he's literally NOT:saladga: He's not being punished for doing that one joke. He's actually victim of a smear campaign by a major news outlet who knows that he's famous so they destroy his reputation by spreading lies only to get clicks and more ad revenue. I don't understand why you think this is justified. The WSJ is literally trolling your pain about Anti-Semitism and you fall for it. C'mon now, you know he's not an anti-semite. That's ridiculous. The Backlash PewDiePie is facing has nothing to do with your concerns. Your concerns didn't get him a lot of backlash (or maybe they got him the right amount, and that's why it wasn't that widespread). The backlash he's getting right now is because of a lie someone else fabricated. You are justifying a completely unreasonable act of bullying because you are personally offended about a very different and much smaller issue. 

Oh, I'm just visiting-

HauntingHollow

All the people that are actually against this guy... you are a sad case guys :bye:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

HauntingHollow

I have just watched the whole video, his response, and all i can say is that it is tragic, trully pathetic how the world reacts to him, while he does nothing bad... 

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Archived