💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A seat at the table

TCHIKITAH

Featured Posts

TCHIKITAH

So already listen to Solange's album about 3 times and I just couldn't get into it. I can't even remember a phrase or lyrics that stuck on me, and why does every song continues with the same rhythm and tune!?:saladga:

like it drags a lot since is so slow and melodic in a way that makes you want to take a nap for a few days. More like 'Let's Sleep on the Table'... and those interludes are just so out of place with the exception of like one that I think kinda blend into the next song very good, the interludes in this album are just there to make it more "relatable" to the black community obviously. 

I don't know, I'm not dragging the album or anything I'm just giving my opinion, my expectations were kinda high since everyone was saying that it was so good and what not. Like what happen to the up beat Solange? Why all of the sudden trying to be political and wanting back to your roots?  Well this doesn't sound anything like her roots: "I decided", "Dancing in the Dark" or "This Could Be Love"?? 

TCHIKITAH
1 minute ago, robboadam said:

Not all music has to be bopping.

I love the album, I use it to relax to.

I'm just saying that it doesn't sound anything like Solange. I mean if you know her music 

Dominic

I don't like it either. It's a bit like a watered down Lemonade. :oprah:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Borislshere
18 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Like what happen to the up beat Solange? Why all of the sudden trying to be political and wanting back to your roots?  Well this doesn't sound anything like her roots: "I decided", "Dancing in the Dark" or "This Could Be Love"?? 

There's so much stuff going on in the black community and she didn't want to remain silent about those things. 

TCHIKITAH
2 minutes ago, Devyn said:

There's so much stuff going on in the black community and she didn't want to remain silent about those things. 

Well the black community is not the only one suffering. See that's very close minded to think that seeking security for one community is the way to go, but why not seek the help of others and make it more relatable to people from different communities to create a union that would help each other. All this does is create "walls" between themselves 

TCHIKITAH
8 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Yeah, I found it a bore as well. It was like dry toast.  

Yeah sadly it was

8 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

I don't like it either. It's a bit like a watered down Lemonade. 

Lol watered down lemonade I see :oprah:

manicholic
2 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Well the black community is not the only one suffering. See that's very close minded to think that seeking security for one community is the way to go, but why not seek the help of others and make it more relatable to people from different communities to create a union that would help each other. All this does is create "walls" between themselves 

:sharon::sharon::sharon:

:giveup:

There's nothing harder for people to do than admit they were fooled.

Borislshere
1 minute ago, TCHIKITAH said:

giphy.gif

Obviously but she is apart of the black community and wanted to write an album that spoke out on issues that effected her. The only ones creating a divide here are the people who don't see the message in her music and just want "bops". 

Thomas P

It's my second favourite of 2016 behind Lemonade, but ya I can understand not liking it. It's a really good example of how music is very subjective. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
12 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

She part of that community and actually feels those pains....

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

TCHIKITAH
18 minutes ago, Devyn said:

Obviously but she is apart of the black community and wanted to write an album that spoke out on issues that effected her. The only ones creating a divide here are the people who don't see the message in her music and just want "bops". 

13 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

She part of that community and actually feels those pains....

Well forgive my azz for not knowing that she was black and part of the black community :creepflop:

Archived