:

opinion

Scalper Bots Ruining Joanne Tour

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave
51 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

This should be illegal.

This IS illegal, at least in Italy. But scalpers continues to MAKE DEALS with ticketmaster, which works for Live Nation... 

We call it a "legalized fraud", cuz that's what it is.

Tix availability expires in less than 1 minute, because not all the tickets get sold to the GP, only a little percentage. The majority of them get sold to the scalpers sites even before the officual sell starts, That's the only way to explain it, and that's what happenes here in my country - and in Europe in general, and, I think, in the rest of the world too.

Colourful

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robo Ga
1 hour ago, Infinity Wave said:

This IS illegal, at least in Italy. But scalpers continues to MAKE DEALS with ticketmaster, which works for Live Nation... 

We call it a "legalized fraud", cuz that's what it is.

Tix availability expires in less than 1 minute, because not all the tickets get sold to the GP, only a little percentage. The majority of them get sold to the scalpers sites even before the officual sell starts, That's the only way to explain it, and that's what happenes here in my country - and in Europe in general, and, I think, in the rest of the world too.

Exactly, it's a loophole, that needs to be closed. It may be technically illegal but if it's still happening en masse it doesn't matter that it is, it needs to be enforced. I think the gov should actually crack down, literally go in and shut these third party sites down. Someday I think they will, and we'll look back on these sh*tty times and wonder why they didn't do it sooner. People shouldn't have to pay like $500 to see a show :( 

Sorry I'm so passionate about it, I just was really disappointed all day that the only date I could go to was sold out in like 1 minute and I can't afford to buy any resells of a decent seat... I saved up for it and I'm just really sad about the whole thing and think it's unfair...  I probably should've seen this coming and saved more money to buy from a scalper but it's still just frustrating ...:nails:

🤖⚡️

Katie14
1 hour ago, Robo Ga said:

Exactly, it's a loophole, that needs to be closed. It may be technically illegal but if it's still happening en masse it doesn't matter that it is, it needs to be enforced. I think the gov should actually crack down, literally go in and shut these third party sites down. Someday I think they will, and we'll look back on these sh*tty times and wonder why they didn't do it sooner. People shouldn't have to pay like $500 to see a show :( 

Sorry I'm so passionate about it, I just was really disappointed all day that the only date I could go to was sold out in like 1 minute and I can't afford to buy any resells of a decent seat... I saved up for it and I'm just really sad about the whole thing and think it's unfair...  I probably should've seen this coming and saved more money to buy from a scalper but it's still just frustrating ...:nails:

Yea its really unfair. Did you attempt to buy tickets during the presale?

Robo Ga
33 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Yea its really unfair. Did you attempt to buy tickets during the presale?

No, in retrospect I should've, but I didn't want to spend extra money on getting a code from the store and I didn't access to the types of credit card needed for some of it, I'm sure there were other ways - and in retrospect I should've tried harder. Guess I put too much faith in being ready on time for the general sale opening. 

🤖⚡️

RAMROD

Better luck next time, and seize that pre-sales opportunity when you can. You knew you'll be fighting against scalpers, so get it early next time. :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

crazyforgaga

believe me guys if the tickets arent selling the people that bought them will lower the price so they make as least some money. It takes time, once they realize they run out of people to buy the huge priced tickets they start to lower them.

Archived