💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Monster Pit + Key Camping Preparation

Ethos

Featured Posts

Hey I'm going to the show today in St. Paul, wondering where the best location outside the monster pit with GA tickets would be? Like is there a specific area around the catwalk I should aim for?

At my show, I found that she often wandered toward the left side of the catwalk (our left, her right). Front and center would give you the most complete view of everything, though.

No. :flop:

The keyholder at my show and the following night were there 8 days. And Gaga's team pretty much supported them.

Gaga's team are so amazing and supportive. They don't mind as long as you're safe and your health isn't at risk. They ask you how you're feeling and stuff, idk it's nice.

drinkmytears

I was aiming for the Monster Pit, but life kept me from camping. I, along with 150 other people after the Monster Pit cutoff, was given a priority GA numbered wristband, so I got let in after the GH package people but before the rest of GA. I got an excellent spot right near the catwalk.

Now, after having seen the show live, I'm kind of glad I wasn't in the Monster Pit. I feel like if you are in the Pit, you miss out on a lot, especially when it comes to the segments where she talks to the audience; she has her back to the Monster Pit almost the entire time. The Monster Pit used to have a personal interaction segment with Gaga during the show-and-tell after Bad Kids, but Gaga doesn't do that anymore. Also, if you are in the Monster Pit, you miss Gaga's butt flashes lol.

She's on the catwalk plenty of other times throughout the show as well. Gaga looking at me dead in the eye through her headdress as she rode by on the mechanical horse was amazing (I loved that opening!). It seems to me like the Monster Pit people would have to do a lot of swiveling their heads and stretching their necks to see her at all times. I was able to observe the entire stage, catwalk, and video screens from my position. Of course, the view when she is on stage in front of you is no doubt amazing. And if you have hopes of getting picked to go up on stage with her, then the Monster Pit is the way to go. But I was very happy with my regular GA position.

I feel the same way! I was disappointed for not getting in the pit but by the end of the show I was quite happy that I wasn't. Especially since the very last set was (at my show, anyway) entire on the end of the catwalk.

That's awesome that you still got a wristband for GA, though. We didn't. The person in front of me got the last pit wristband, so we were told that we'd be the first GA ticket holders on the floor, but people ran inside the arena and that didn't happen.

I hate to say this, but both of you guys are wrong (about the pit having obstructed views). When Gaga is at the back of the pit, everyone turns around and you can see her just fine, you see her back, but you can see her fine. She spends 80% of the show on the mainstage, and she interacts more with the Monsterpit as she knows they camped out and are very dedicated fans. I mean, sure all of Telephone, LoveGame, and Marry The Night were on the runway, however for LoveGame you can see her, and she finishes Telephone on the mainstage so it doesn't really matter. I was onstage for MTN, so I can't really voice an opinion there. The atmosphere of the Monsterpit is insane, she refers to the pit several times, the steps down into the pit bring her so close, you can reach out and touch the stage. If you can get in the first few rows of the pit, that's so much better than outside the runway. My friend who saw her in Vegas said the middle of the pit was a lot better than outside the runway, Gaga's attitude is completely different.

Edited by drinkmytears

ARTPOP Gypsy

I was front row in the Pit for the St. Louis show in the very right corner and I could see her at the back of the Pit. I had to stand on my toes at times but it wasn't like she was completely non-visible. I do agree that we do miss some of the speeches she does being that the show and tell segment after Bad Kids is gone, but we could still see the screen. I absolutely enjoyed every second of being in that very first row but I think for Tulsa I might go towards the back of the Pit against the barricade.

I was in the pit in Vegas. They weren't letting people line up on the property until about 6am day of show but there was an unofficial gathering of folks in a nearby food court before. I found them on Twitter and checked in the night before to find out what the plan was as there was no way that I would have the energy to camp out over night, let alone for days ;) I got back to the meeting spot and we all went over to get in line at 6am. I would guess there were 200-300 people in line by the time they started handing out the wristbands at about 8:30am. Fair warning that getting an unofficial number beforehand may do you no good. Venue did not honor ours but we all got in anyway. I'm guessing that times may vary by venue so might want to check with the venue security.

You do not have to dress to get a wristband. You do not have to have your ticket in hand to get a wristband, though they will tell you that if you do not have a GA ticket that you are wasting your time in line since they will check later before you get into arena. After getting the wristband they tell you to take off and come back at around 4pm. At 4 we got together at designated spot and were informally lined up according to the number on our wristbands. Then at about 5:30 they led us to the arena to go through security and to the pit. I had number 56 and was a bit further back in line than that going in but snagged a spot right in front row to the left. So worth all the standing and waiting!!!

Get friendly with your neighbors in the pit so that they will hold your spot while you go out to get drinks, bathroom, merch, etc. I went alone but the people there were all great.

Edited by Taz

This might be a dumb question, but what do you do with your jacket or purse in the monster pit? Do you just hold it the whole time or is there like a coat check or something.

ARTPOP Gypsy

This might be a dumb question, but what do you do with your jacket or purse in the monster pit? Do you just hold it the whole time or is there like a coat check or something.

Pretty much yeah. They'll check your bags and scan you with a metal detector.

Lana Winters

You either leave it before coming back, or you hold it. I'd suggest a small string backpack tbh.