Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

JW Interpetation

Pietro

Featured Posts

Fernster7

The fact that everyone trashes the Joanne era is so annoying. Ugh.

She needs to make a good video without the crazy stuff to finally prove that she does not need to repeat the same style over and over.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Gagas love
3 hours ago, Pietro said:

It's not mine. I found it on youtube. Thoughts? 

"As badass as this video is, the last scene makes me sad. It's like she wanted to do a ''last'' Fame Monster song before saying goodbye to her old style by shooting herself dead. It's like a tribute. Then she walks away with her guitar, being the boring lame Joanne that she has become today".

Um no lol 

Seashell Hooker

I've been thinking about the trilogy and the meaning behind the Joanne videos. 

We all know she is broken throughout the Million Reasons video. We see her get distracted in her misery by John Wayne and she gets right back on the horse of destructive behavior (men, drinking, satanic behavior, etc.). The whole John Wayne video is a possession (IMO). We see her get possessed with her involvement with John Wayne (who could possibly be portrayed as Satan/Illuminati). That’s why at the end of the video she opens her eyes (still wearing the Million Reasons outfit) and John Wayne is now on the back of her guitar. She’s possessed by John Wayne (aka Satan/Illuminati).

The video ends with her walking away with her John Wayne guitar in her hand. 

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

ShayCristoforo
8 minutes ago, Seashell Hooker said:

I've been thinking about the trilogy and the meaning behind the Joanne videos. 

We all know she is broken throughout the Million Reasons video. We see her get distracted in her misery by John Wayne and she gets right back on the horse of destructive behavior (men, drinking, satanic behavior, etc.). The whole John Wayne video is a possession (IMO). We see her get possessed with her involvement with John Wayne (who could possibly be portrayed as Satan/Illuminati). That’s why at the end of the video she opens her eyes (still wearing the Million Reasons outfit) and John Wayne is now on the back of her guitar. She’s possessed by John Wayne (aka Satan/Illuminati).

The video ends with her walking away with her John Wayne guitar in her hand. 

I really enjoy this interpretation. To add, she is extremely hurt and frustrated in Perfect Illusion. Then as you say, after her Perfect Illusion tantrum she is sad and broken in Million Reasons. She then finds comfort in the sex and wildness of John Wayne. But since this isn't sustainable, she must channel her pain and destructiveness into music to stay healthy, hence John Wayne posted on her pink guitar.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived