💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Gaga NEEDS to do something like this on the SB

Andrea B

Featured Posts

Andrea B

We did it kids, our baby is finally doing the half time show today:hor: and this is my second thread so don't attack me…. plx:poot: and sorry for my english:poot:

I was watching all the Half time shows today and somehow I never got the chance to watch the prince one:gaycat: I'm not his fan and I don't even know the words of his songs but I watched his performance today and omg I'M SHOOK:wtfga: THE OPENING WAS ON POINT!!!!!!:wtfga:, HIS VOCALS :wtfga:AND EVEN THE RAIN WAS ON POINT:wtfga: and the best part is that he connected with the public, something the shows now days needs, just take a look at the black eyed peas one, they used a lot of technology but their stage presence was so bad and the same with Katy and Coldplay. Now I know why the heteros hate the HS now days:giveup: I know gaga is going to use a lot of technology but I hope she connects with the public with her songs (it sounds cheesy I know) but that's what makes the performances even better. Anyway, here's the performance: 

OMonster

Prince's performance was incredible. You're so right, too - he did establish a connection, without sacrificing the showmanship of it all. 

Since Gaga announced that she'll be doing the half time, I've always expected a modernised, more pop-friendly version of Prince's set tbh. 

I think above all, what Prince achieved was putting the music first. As did Bruno Mars and as did Michael Jackson. Whilst I think Gaga will bring a lot of visuals and choreography, I do think she, too, will have the same aim of putting the music at the forefront. 

Spoiler

With Million Reasons in particular, she is going to create a really iconic, special moment. It's not a bop but it's going to be spectacular. It will be very emotional. 

I know there are a lot of meltdowns about Gaga potentially not having any projections... but seriously, they're not needed at all. The two artists who are known for their projections are Katy and Madonna. Yes, their shows were fantastic... but they're different artists to Gaga. She doesn't need anything to detract from her showmanship. With Katy and Madonna, they kind of needed support. 

Also, just as with Prince's stage, without the projections, Gaga is going to have a crowd surrounding the stage which will allow her to create that feeling of connection. All of the best half time shows in history have a crowd by the stage... and that's because it creates something more real and less detached. 

subtext / fantasy

Gov Hooka

I want Gaga's to be like this too and less visually based. I think Gaga will give us the best of both worlds in terms of visuals and talent/musicianship that she has always been capable of doing. Ugh i miss Prince :flutter: 

Judas Society

Honestly, Gaga having a passionate fanbase as she does, it would be awesome that the GoH would have been prepped earlier to be as involved in the show as well, so I always imagined this, GoH performing the same choreography as Gaga and her dancers. How epic would that be and this would solidify Gaga's legendary reputation for having one of the most dedicated fanbases in the history of music.

Archived