💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Superbowl's Political Statement

Matangi

Featured Posts

Matangi

I want everyone here to realize that only days into the Presidency of a fascist, demagogue, who has the worst approval ratings of all time after only a week in office, Lady Gaga will be performing on the largest stage in the world. This is not just a once in a lifetime opportunity, it is an occurrence that will be cemented in American and world history forever depending on how Gaga angles the statements of her performance.

I do think that her aim is to create unity among people, and to try to bring together both the conservative parts of America with the liberal resistant parts of the country who reject the many discriminatory and nationalist policies we have thus seen in barely over a week's time. One way or another she MUST address the elephant in the room to both our nation and the world.

I honestly hope that she at least makes a small reference to resisting and fighting back against hate and bigotry. Unity is only true when even the voices of the marginalized and disenfranchised are heard. This includes Muslims, Blacks, LGBTQIA+ people, Hispanics, women, the disabled, and all who may fall victim to the proposed ideas of our President.

What do you think she will do? What do you hope, or wish that she would do? Let me know your thoughts.

Out of all Super Bowl halftimes Gaga of course gets the one right after the US gets a globally hated president

a blessing and a curse

I hope it has political undertones, at least. I don't care how much more political she makes it as long as it's the best performance known to mankind :hor:

DaftFameMonster

I hope she at least does something to bring people together, and put a message across without triggering all the conservatives watching. A memorable and meaningful performance is what I want. 

Not news, so I moved you to gaga thoughts. No harm done :)

i kind of hope she doesn't do anything because everyone else is doing it and expecting her to do something. I'd like to keep them guessing tbh. But at he same time, I kinda want a slight political statement, focusing on unifying the  country and stressing love instead of bashing trump. I'm 50/50 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Matangi
Just now, neptugne said:

Out of all Super Bowl halftimes Gaga of course gets the one right after the US gets a globally hated president

a blessing and a curse

I hope it has political undertones, at least. I don't care how much more political she makes it as long as it's the best performance known to mankind :hor:

quite honestly I don't give a **** about the performance quality (even though we know its gonna be stellar) I only hope that she makes a statement that has a profound impact through the beginning of this unsure time. Unity will not occur when hatred is in the air. She must resist.

Sky del Blue

I don't want her to make political statement actually 

It's just that when I look back at her performance in 10 years I don't wanna remember Trump

Matangi

I hope she does make a political statement even if half the country will hate her. she would be legendary on the right side of history at this moment in time.

imnotyourbabe10

All for the political statement because we are heading into fascism.  That is a big deal.

Matangi
Just now, imnotyourbabe10 said:

All for the political statement because we are heading into fascism.  That is a big deal.

yas. if trump wasnt following through with these white supremacist, nationalist policies, i may say differently. but this is very real and dangerous.

John Slayne

she better drag Trump :whitney: I'm sorry but this is way too important to just stay silent :green: she is rich and famous enough not to care about sales/fame/public image

3 minutes ago, Sky del Blue said:

I don't want her to make political statement actually 

It's just that when I look back at her performance in 10 years I don't wanna remember Trump

This too, if she does do a statement that's all they'll talk about which is why I also hope that if there is a poli statement it's a positive one. I don't want her performance to be tainted with Cheeto dust 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

imnotyourbabe10
2 minutes ago, Matangi said:

yas. if trump wasnt following through with these white supremacist, nationalist policies, i may say differently. but this is very real and dangerous.

Totally agree.  For those that aren't familiar with fascism (which is probably a good thing to not have to know), here is a link to the characteristics that define them (as studied by an academic--but I know anti-intellectualism is taking over and no one would believe those silly academics...ugh)

http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

Matangi
Just now, Zilla said:

This too, if she does do a statement that's all they'll talk about which is why I also hope that if there is a poli statement it's a positive one. I don't want her performance to be tainted with Cheeto dust 

if its good enough it wont be tainted w cheeto dust. there will only be a burnt shriveled former cheeto left standing :lana:

OMonster

I think she will perform Born This Way and have up on stage with her LGBT, black, disabled and other minority members of society. Trump will not be explicitly referenced, but there will be a recognised undertone through the unity and diversity she will present to us. 

I am sure this will be her statement. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived