opinion

Joanne singles

FlopSlurper

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

its a bop

tumblr_o4uwznIqdN1ulo0ooo1_500.gif

It is, but is it single worthy? I don't think so. Does it make sense to the rest of the album + released singles? I don't think so either

d1E1G8oo29dWtiP6.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lemonade
2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It is, but is it single worthy? I don't think so? Does it make sense to the rest of the album + released singles? I don't think so either

d1E1G8oo29dWtiP6.gif

Yes. It is the most similar to what would chart. Not saying it is anywhere near as bad as some songs in the charts :madge: but would get the GP bopping and streaming. 

giphy.gif

And I really don't think the lyrics matter in terms of radio playing it. The radio has more chance of not playing it cause "it's Gaga" rather than the lyrics. 

Luke78619

You guys are breaking my heart

giphy.gif

you just don't know the feeling when you hear your friends singing "funk me downtown" out of the blue :diane: once you experience this, then, and only then, will you understand 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Magneto
5 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

this, and the fact that a song about masturbation is in an album that's named after a dead woman

insta2632d.gif

So autobiographical, much personal, very friends and family :rip:

Free my mind

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Yes. It is the most similar to what would chart. Not saying it is anywhere near as bad as some songs in the charts :madge: but would get the GP bopping and streaming 

giphy.gif

But it doesn't make sense in relation to the other singles (PI/MR) in fact it doesn't make sense in relation to the album itself but it's a bop so I'll give you that

26gsdp7ZGc58JlqG4.gif

Luke78619
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

But it doesn't make sense in relation to the other singles (PI/MR) in fact it doesn't make sense in relation to the album itself but it's a bop so I'll give you that

26gsdp7ZGc58JlqG4.gif

Wait, does JW make sense with the rest of the album? It talks about getting high :stalkga:

Lemonade
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

26gsdp7ZGc58JlqG4.gif

It's the bop of all bops, but I agree about it not having any relation. 

200.gif

GagaTheExplorer

I'm ok with that, as long as Diamond heart and Angel down are released as singles...

those are her best written songs in years, it's her best chance to be nominated for song of the year at grammys since poker face...

FlopSlurper
Just now, monster78619 said:

Wait, does JW make sense with the rest of the album? It talks about getting high :stalkga:

“John Wayne” is the fourth track from Lady Gaga’s fifth solo album titled Joanne (2016). The song was written by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, BLOOD, & Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. It describes the singer’s attraction to rugged, cowboy-types that are the opposite of the city boys she usually encounters in Manhattan. :lolly: 

Luke78619
4 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

“John Wayne” is the fourth track from Lady Gaga’s fifth solo album titled Joanne (2016). The song was written by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, BLOOD, & Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. It describes the singer’s attraction to rugged, cowboy-types that are the opposite of the city boys she usually encounters in Manhattan. :lolly: 

DIC = touching herself to a picture of John Wayne

Therefore, it makes sense in relation to the album 

Spoiler

:poot:

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Magneto said:

Twist it...in circles?:gaycat:

oh god no :air: trgtfkmfgfmdgfd

1 minute ago, monster78619 said:

DIC = touching herself to a picture of John Wayne

Therefore, it makes sense in relation to the album 

Reveal hidden contents

:poot:

“Dancin' in Circles” is a light dance track that flirts with reggae and ska. The lyrics are about female masturbation, as Gaga hinted, responding to a fan on Twitter:

1ab43f93c836cd5238e693d12123fcf8.612x317

Spoiler

Joanne is screaming in her grave smh

Magneto
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

oh god no :air: trgtfkmfgfmdgfd

“Dancin' in Circles” is a light dance track that flirts with reggae and ska. The lyrics are about female masturbation, as Gaga hinted, responding to a fan on Twitter:

1ab43f93c836cd5238e693d12123fcf8.612x317

Hide contents

Joanne is screaming in her grave smh

In Gaga's defence: she did say Joanne is not a concept record.

I agree however that it feels kinda out of place...

Free my mind

Archived