💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga working with Dallas Davidson and Brian Kennedy

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

What? :oprah:

She's done five pop albums (including Joanne) and has yet to do a pure country song. God forbid she shows a slight interest in another genre of music. You guys all need to chill, honestly.

Sinners prayer says hi (worst song in herstory)

I know it's not an album but Joanne is not commercial pop. It's heavily folk country orientatated it was a risk and it didn't pay off. 

Time to head back to pop now gags. Remember, "pop music will never be low brow" :awkney:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If her next album is anything but pop, I'm resigning from her fanbase. 

There seems to be this impression that pop music and pop culture is artificial, immature, and generic. I understand that Lady Gaga does not want to associate with the current state of pop music and pop culture, but I think it is pretentious and hypocritical of her to assume that she is superior to it when she literally launched her career through pop music and lives a privileged life through the lens of pop culture because her fans loved her pop music and visuals.    

She used to be an artist that set a high standard for the industry, but now she is such a forgettable singer. I am looking forward to her Superbowl performance, but only because I know she will surely bring the hits that we all love. However, her next album is a make it or break it moment for me as a fan, and I'm sure for many others as well.

I realize this post is a little harsh, but she's been so inconsistent and incoherent sonically and visually and it feels like I am supporting a completely different person. For instance, Madonna and Rihanna always pull different aesthetics and personas with each album and era, but they are still cohesive as an artist and brand. Even though I somewhat enjoyed Joanne, the sound and visuals are not Lady Gaga at all, especially compared to her prior four albums. "Pop music will never be low brow" my ass. People often say that pop culture (fans and media) gave up on her, when in reality, it's Lady Gaga that gave up on pop culture just because she was slightly criticized during the ARTPOP era, and it wasn't even for her pop music, it was because of her appearance (weight), her failed projects (ARTPOP app and volantis), and because of the way she would describe her album in an ambiguous fashion that turned a lot of people off (reverse warholian expedition).

This is coming from someone that followed her ever since 2008 when she was interviewed on eTalk and premiered her video for Just Dance, which was way before her Miss Universe 2008 performance.

giskardsb

always curious to see what she has in store.  

this fan base needs to grow up and quit creating drama and dreaming up worst case scenarios with no actual information.

you all are inventing a million narratives for how and why Gaga has turned her back on pop music, or that she now hates pop or thinks it's below her, or all kinds of other crap, when the reality is you know nothing about her internal motivations. 

Fans are making up stories and convincing themselves they are real, because some of you need justification for complaining about how Gaga has let you down.

Tokyo Rose

@Daydream it really is a shame that she's more willing to stand by songs like "Come To Mama" that she didn't write a single word of, then dancepop music she wrote herself and worked so hard for, which catapulted her into a life of luxury.

Look at the message in "Marry the Night" for instance. She's a little too quick to forget the fans who felt the pain in her story and requested that song even though radio wasn't picking it up.

27 minutes ago, macca said:

Sinners prayer says hi (worst song in herstory)

I know it's not an album but Joanne is not commercial pop. It's heavily folk country orientatated it was a risk and it didn't pay off. 

Time to head back to pop now gags. Remember, "pop music will never be low brow" :awkney:

Okay so what the **** do you think it means for something to "pay off"???? Honestly it seems like a lot of people pretend that Gagz is their Barbie and when she doesn't do something they want they pitch a fit....

27 minutes ago, Daydream said:

There seems to be this impression that pop music and pop culture is artificial, immature, and generic. I understand that Lady Gaga does not want to associate with the current state of pop music and pop culture, but I think it is pretentious and hypocritical of her to assume that she is superior to it when she literally launched her career through pop music and lives a privileged life through the lens of pop culture because her fans loved her pop music and visuals.    

She used to be an artist that set a high standard for the industry, but now she is such a forgettable singer. I am looking forward to her Superbowl performance, but only because I know she will surely bring the hits that we all love. However, her next album is a make it or break it moment for me as a fan, and I'm sure for many others as well.

I realize this post is a little harsh, but she's been so inconsistent and incoherent sonically and visually and it feels like I am supporting a completely different person. For instance, Madonna and Rihanna always pull different aesthetics and personas with each album and era, but they are still cohesive as an artist and brand. Even though I somewhat enjoyed Joanne, the sound and visuals are not Lady Gaga at all, especially compared to her prior four albums. "Pop music will never be low brow" my ass. People often say that pop culture (fans and media) gave up on her, when in reality, it's Lady Gaga that gave up on pop culture just because she was slightly criticized during the ARTPOP era, and it wasn't even for her pop music, it was because of her appearance (weight), her failed projects (ARTPOP app and volantis), and because of the way she would describe her album in an ambiguous fashion that turned a lot of people off (reverse warholian expedition).

This is coming from someone that followed her ever since 2008 when she was interviewed on eTalk and premiered her video for Just Dance, which was way before her Miss Universe 2008 performance.

Yas Gurl. Preach.

33 minutes ago, Daydream said:

This needs to be pinned at the top so all the yes men read it.

18 hours ago, Ronlop said:

I'm sorry you had to hear this!

definition of redneck music :rip:  what is gaga these days omg 

RAMROD

LMAO all of you who refuse to grow with her, what's the point hurting yourself further and got angry each time you read news about her as of late?? Are you really into hurting yourself like that? There is a point in life where we as people need to leave something for another, don't hold on further if you are not happy anymore with current situation, that is not healthy.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

71a1c17f-dbb5-43ec-96a6-5853d0f91bae.gif

18 hours ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Looks like a real winner!

2mUlxfH.jpg

I just saw this, shame on her. In fact, I'm disgusted. What is she even doing at this point.

Archived