• Diamond Heart
    • Perfect Illusion
    • Million Reasons
    • John Wayne
    • Dancin' In Circles
    • Come To Mama

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Perfect Illusion had its good and bad... but do you think that there could be a better option for a lead single?

Here are my thoughts:

A-YO :

Pros - A-Yo is definitely the most GP friendly track on Joanne. Her voice is definitely not unpleasant, and it's the most dancable track on Joanne, too. Its a bop and it sounds a lot like Shake it off with a twist, which the GP would definitely like. It's a good in-between of country and pop, and could potentially be a smash since the GP likes really simple bops these days.

Cons -  Gaga's lead singles are always unique and explosive... A-Yo is kinda generic, and it could potentially lower her "artistic status" in the eyes of the GP if she released A-Yo as her lead. It also just seems like a downgrade from her other leads, especially when the topic of the song is literally just her ignoring her haters.

Diamond Heart :

Pros - Just imagine the announcement - LADY GAGA / DIAMOND HEART - NEW SINGLE SEPTEMBER. I feel like DH could have potentially smashed as a lead single, with the explosive rock chorus. Its catchier and a lot less annoying than Perfect Illusion could sound, and has different moods as opposed to constant shouting.

Cons - Diamond Heart's verses kinda turn me off. Like they sound really rough and nasal :/ Those are my least favorite parts and it could turn off some listeners. Also, Gaga's song intros are always ICONIC, but Diamond Heart's intro is pretty mellow and not really ear-grabbing. Its also not super unique, and its really Gaga's take on rock, its not "GAGA".

Overall I think Perfect Illusion was still the best option, simply because it has all you need for a Gaga lead - explosive intro & overall a unique style from the rest of the album, but I think Diamond Heart would have done well, or even better.

I think Come to Mama is so unique and special it should've been the lead 

it has good message, it's super fresh, amazing vocals, some controversy maybe, perf 

Reality

I said A-YO, just because I think it's just a perfect song for any single, whether it be the lead or the 3rd or 4th one. Also, with the more "folky" and country-inspired aesthetics this era, I think it'd especially work well. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

JustAnotherDay

Million Reasons is the most relatable and gp/radio friendly song on Joanne. I'm sure there would be many fan meltdowns but it would have been a huge hit and that is a singles purpose

was NickARTPOP

Tokyo Rose

I'd select Million Reasons as the lead. 

It would have given the fans an honest idea of what to expect from the whole era.

But PI also gave me an idea of what to expect, because I can't bear that song, which matched up pretty well with how I ended up feeling about the whole era.

adamsenigma
1 minute ago, NickARTPOP said:

Million Reasons is the most relatable and gp/radio friendly song on Joanne. I'm sure there would be many fan meltdowns but it would have been a huge hit and that is a singles purpose

It isn't the most gp/radio friendly song tho. It's raw, deeo vocals could turn some ppl off (like my mom and cousins :poot:) yet everyone I know LOVES A-YO and DH. I think those songs could have SMASHED as lead singles.

Blahwhatever22

Ayo. It's A fun and simple song, It's very commercial and Gaga seemed to like it A lot. It also fits the style of Joanne A lot more at least aesthetically vs PI.

JustAnotherDay
Just now, adammonroe said:

It isn't the most gp/radio friendly song tho. It's raw, deeo vocals could turn some ppl off (like my mom and cousins :poot:) yet everyone I know LOVES A-YO and DH. I think those songs could have SMASHED as lead singles.

MR is top 50 on iTunes with 10m radio audience, most songs with this audience are in the 100's, that's all you need to know

was NickARTPOP

adamsenigma
Just now, NickARTPOP said:

MR is top 50 on iTunes with 10m radio audience, most songs with this audience are in the 100's, that's all you need to know

It isn't smashing even with ALL that promo it got. That's all you need to know

Free My Mind

I think perfect illusion was the best choice for the nature of the release

it's obvious that she didn't want to really fully promote the album until the whole thing was out... and in my opinion Perfect Illusion doesn't really lend itself to TV performances - while it is still a strong song that has GP potential. Putting another song there like A-Yo/Million Reasons/Diamond Heart would be wasting a song which could have good TV performances.

Economy

Diamond Heart has a Chrous and style that might of really worked for a come back

Not so sure about it being a single now.

Though after A-Yo and Dancing In Circles it would be the only single song option left now

Archived