Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

References in Lady Gaga's music

Oivind

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, monsterdino said:

Nope wrong that's him as Ziggy Stardust, but Aladdin Sane was the name of the album of that cover

Nope, Ziggy Stardust is from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. 

"Although technically a new Bowie 'character', Aladdin Sane was essentially a development of Ziggy Stardust in his appearance and persona, as evidenced on the cover by Brian Duffy and in Bowie's live performances throughout 1973 that culminated in Ziggy's 'retirement' at the Hammersmith Odeon in July that year."

So I guess we were both right in a way. haha

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
Just now, GANJA said:

Nope, Ziggy Stardust is from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. 

"Although technically a new Bowie 'character', Aladdin Sane was essentially a development of Ziggy Stardust in his appearance and persona, as evidenced on the cover by Brian Duffy and in Bowie's live performances throughout 1973 that culminated in Ziggy's 'retirement' at the Hammersmith Odeon in July that year."

So I guess we were both right in a way. haha

yeah, I got educated by @Cerny earlier :sweat:

2 hours ago, Chiunzhan said:

Hey Girl sounds like Future Baby Mama by Prince :gum:

I think Hey Girl is also heavily influenced by Elton John's Bennie And The Jets. I bet that's intentional, because it must have been obvious to Elton John when he heard it, and he heard the album before us, I think.

10 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

yeah, I got educated by @Cerny earlier :sweat:

Didn't mean to come across as annoying btw, I just felt like I had to say it. :giggle:

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Cerny said:

Didn't mean to come across as annoying btw, I just felt like I had to say it. :giggle:

no it's ok, you weren't annoying at all

memomemome

OH MY GOD! My geek spirit get me pumped looking at this thread :excited2:

Cool references guys! Im not geek enough actually, but maybe heres what I thought

1. Faith - George Michael

What song? Yeah! A-Yo! it really have similar structure (that guitar solo, beat, and simplistic production). Not to mention her move at the dive bar tour

to be honest I quite sick some people called it SIO 2.0, like gurl, faith come waaaay earlier.

2. Ace of Base

Of course . Alejandro, Dancin In Circles must've take cue from Ace of Base. that beat is soo The Sign's Ace of Base

3. Bon Jovi - Livin On A Prayer

Yes, as soon as listening to Diamond Heart, this is what comes to my mind. The lyrics about struggles, the shout, the guitar. We're halfway there!

migamiga
20 hours ago, Jenina said:

a1ba9eaf80d967d0d4ff11e3731eb7aa.jpg

This scene I'm pretty sure is referring The Who's Tommy movie.  It's about a boy that is blind and deaf that is only responsive whilst staring at a mirror.

TOMMY-ST-GER2.jpg

This actually reminds me more of the FAME commerical

Gaga-Fame-11.png

Archived