Perfect Illusion Is...

Decodekid

Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg
7 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

PI remains unbothered by your irrelevant, wrong opinion and the rest of us Homosexuals™ continue to bop our pussies to it :whitney:

You don't have a pussi boy you have a DIC. Being a homosexual just means you like men, it doesn't mean you have a female sexual organ. :)

Reality
2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I tried to avoid this kinda comment "just because you don't like" showing that it's not just me but many and many more people. But I think it wasn't enough. So let me show you one more data:

The three most played Joanne songs on Spotify are: 1- John Wayne 2-Dancing in Circles 3-Joanne. Where is the masterpiece?

Now, I'll do the same comment for you: "Just because you like the song doesn't mean it's a masterpiece, it just means you like the song. The song itself is bad and repetitive and it deserves the flop, both from the fan base and the GP".

You okay? Drop the defensive tone and if you want to have a conversation, then let's have a conversation. 

The point I was making is that popularity =/= quality. It's the quality of the song that makes it a masterpiece, not its popularity. By that logic, Closer is a masterpiece. And if you really want to talk about numbers, PI has the most on Spotify.

Yeah, it was the lead single, so that's why it has so many, but it's also because it seems that a lot of people like the song. Considering MR, the next single—which was overall more successful than PI—has about 20 million less than PI. 

🃏🖤👹

holy scheisse

I heard perfect illusion on the radio for the first time yesterday...And it sounded awesome. I had such a moment. A refreshing bop in a sea of generic.

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You okay? Drop the defensive tone and if you want to have a conversation, then let's have a conversation. 

The point I was making is that popularity =/= quality. It's the quality of the song that makes it a masterpiece, not its popularity. By that logic, Closer is a masterpiece. And if you really want to talk about numbers, PI has the most on Spotify.

Yeah, it was the lead single, so that's why it has so many, but it's also because it seems that a lot of people like the song. Considering MR, the next single—which was overall more successful than PI—has about 20 million less than PI. 

The whole performance of Joanne was affected by PI. Everyone was excited for the Gaga comeback but it wasn't what we were expecting for. If MR was the lead single it would have smash. MR is a great song and only needs radio support.

Reality
Just now, pedrohemg said:

The whole performance of Joanne was affected by PI. Everyone was excited for the Gaga comeback but it wasn't what we were expecting for. If MR was the lead single it would have smash. MR is a great song and only needs radio support.

The reason why PI wasn't as successful as it could have been was because of the lack of promotion it got. The song itself was perfect lead single material, it just needed the support MR got. 

I agree, MR is a great song, but it's obvious that even with the amount of promo it got, and with the music video, the GP just wasn't here for it. PI could/would have done better if she had just promoted it more. 

🃏🖤👹

pedrohemg
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

The reason why PI wasn't as successful as it could have been was because of the lack of promotion it got. The song itself was perfect lead single material, it just needed the support MR got. 

I agree, MR is a great song, but it's obvious that even with the amount of promo it got, and with the music video, the GP just wasn't here for it. PI could/would have done better if she had just promoted it more. 

Gaga didn't want to promote it and it was strange. So I suppose not even her was happy with PI being the lead single. If she didn't believe in it, why should we?

MR is doing fine without radio support. The song entered Itunes top 10 three times I guess. And the video, well it's a mess. The worst MV Gaga ever made.

Reality
Just now, pedrohemg said:

Gaga didn't want to promote it and it was strange. So I suppose not even her was happy with PI being the lead single. If she didn't believe in it, why should we?

MR is doing fine without radio support. The song entered Itunes top 10 three times I guess. And the video, well it's a mess. The worst MV Gaga ever made.

Her attitude and lack of promotion during the song's run was strange, but you're still holding onto the belief that popularity = quality of the song. 

You can say that PI isn't a masterpiece, that's an opinion that you have, and are totally inclined to believe, but you can't say that just because the song wasn't a smash hit, that it's not amazing on it's own. Those two things are completely unrelated. 

🃏🖤👹

Dark Anatomy

Perfect Illusion is literally one of the best songs on Joanne. FIGHT ME. 

Had it been performed on major TV platforms and given more Gaga-esque visuals...I see no reason why it couldn't smash! 

All she did was do radio interviews and a provided a lackluster video. 

pedrohemg
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Her attitude and lack of promotion during the song's run was strange, but you're still holding onto the belief that popularity = quality of the song. 

You can say that PI isn't a masterpiece, that's an opinion that you have, and are totally inclined to believe, but you can't say that just because the song wasn't a smash hit, that it's not amazing on it's own. Those two things are completely unrelated. 

I might agree with you but not when we're talking about Gaga. Man, It's LADY GAGA. I think she's still a mainstream. Not so popular like Taylor and Katy, but she's still great. People will know she's releasing a new song even without major promotions.

I call Bad Romance a masterpiece. I put Bad Romance side by side with Thriller (Thriller will always be better). I think the song + the video changed the music industry forever. So, I can't call PI a masterpiece as well.

Reality
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

I might agree with you but not when we're talking about Gaga. Man, It's LADY GAGA. I think she's still a main stream. Not so popular like Taylor and Katy, but she's still great. People will know she's releasing a new song even without major promotions.

I call Bad Romance a masterpiece. I put Bad Romance side by side with Thriller (Thriller will always be better). I think the song + the video changed the music industry forever. So, I can't call PI a masterpiece as well.

Listen to this song and tell me if you think it's a masterpiece

🃏🖤👹

Shaney
52 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Sorry but PI is far from a masterpiece. A song that is a masterpiece you don't need to listen to it 5 or more times before you start liking it. And I saw many people on youtube, twitter and even here saying they needed time to love the song. So, nope. PI is where it belongs, in the flop world.

What? You're so wrong.

Archived