opinion

Joanne: Stuck in the Middle Zone

Gonzi

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Katie14 said:

I think pi is about Taylor but also the music industry. She is singing about what she wished her career would be like and what she thought it was  the beginning. Fans and her management are interested in her on a superficial level because she entertains us and makes her management money. She realized that those people don't actually care for her as a person. I think the video takes place during the btwb and after her surgery.

I totally agree! I think she included her frustration from the early ARTPOP era too.

5 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

If you think about it Angel Down and Perfect Illusion, have similar themes.  And they also both correlate with Million Reasons. If you take out all the ideas about it being a relationship album, it is kind of fame oriented in a sense. 

Right! It's the middle zone of living between an ending relationship and a troubled career. Hence the strong connection she felt with her family at that time and why she focused on them during this era. God I wish more people were like you and see that there's more depth to Perfect Illusion than what they think.

Archived