question

The DWUW Video would have destroyed Gaga's career....but why?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

I'm glad it wasn't released. It would have destroyed her career because she wouldn't be able to book the Oscar's and that played a huge role in restoring her image. C2C wasn't enough. Also, TIHTY would have been trashed as hypocritical.

Why wouldn't it let her book the Oscars? Is there some fact to that or just your opinion?

giphy.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

The problem wasn't R. Kelly, he just added insult to injury... Terry was the issue.

Just as DWUW's video was supposed to be released more people came forward claiming that Terry Richardson had abused them in some way or another. If she went ahead with the video release, it would have been seen as insensitive and maybe even supportive.

It's a different type on controversy.

It's different something like "Judas" or "Alejandro" because both aren't mean to hurt. They really weren't thought to be a "critic" or anything

(Judas vid actually is such a bible-class\study in videoform :emma:)

Alejandro was controversial for one scene or two.

Now... u pick up DWUW... 

The whole thing was like "ads for rape". I don't know what it really is, I really wish we had the vid but... we can see the thing if really fked up

SKANK

It's a duet with a rapist, and a music video directed by an alleged rapist.

The man who directed her music video, and followed her around with a camera for months, is accused of doing that exact same thing Gaga accuses her "rapist" of doing. Terry takes advantage of younger models in the same way Gaga was taken advantage of by a producer.

After this hideous laps in judgment, she goes on an anti-rape media tour with a charity song she is making a profit from.

If you are a Gaga fan, it's best not to bring this subject up. It's an ethical **** hole.

It would have gaine her another #1 Hit... 

It was around the Time when Wrecking ball went Viral and Months later Anaconda did the same. Controversial Videos were the Way to sucess 2013/ 2014.

Maybe because of Richardson/R.Kelly and the Opportunity to make TIHTY which would never be accepted by GP after this.

imwoahvicky
7 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

I've never understood what was controversial about Alejandro?

OT: i think it's because she's unconscious in the R. Kelly Doctor scenes and he has been accused of sexual assault (correct me if I'm wrong) and she's singing 'do what u want with my body', so scenes like this would be very alarming to some people 

i honestly feel like nobody would give a **** besides basic media criticizing her and haters :awkney:

your everyday radio-listeners, teenagers dominating the music industry, etc. wouldn't give a **** besides all these cringey fanbases :awkney: 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

AlexanderMagno

I don't care about her reputation, actually I thought Gaga didn't care about her reputation as well :nails: DWUW is one of her best songs ever and probably one of her best singles, if not the best. The video would have been trash, I can guess that, but coming from the ARTPOP era I would suppose Gaga wouldn't really care about the critics or whatever, it was her vision.

Batwings

She should have just done a solo version without R. Kelly. Then it would have smashed, and there wouldn't have been any apprehension about it.  :madge:

DWUW was like #13 on it's peak it had 3893984 performances it's not like the Music Video would make it go #1.

For sure it would be top10 but whatever we had Dope #8 :emma::laughga:

Luke78619
1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

i honestly feel like nobody would give a **** besides basic media criticizing her and haters

your everyday radio-listeners, teenagers dominating the music industry, etc. wouldn't give a **** besides all these cringey fanbases  

It would be controversial, which people love. So you're right IMO, the only people who would really trash the video is gaga haters and the media who always target her :saladga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Helxig

It really could've gone either way tbh. We can't predict what would've happened. Especially because we never saw the full video, just the snippets that TMZ chose to release. And we all know that TMZ twists things to be the most controversial they possibly can. Who knows what it would've been. From what I've seen I kind of feel like it was a blessing in disguise that it never got released. 

On this topic though, does anyone remember any reasons as to why it wasn't released? My brain wants to remember something about controversy coming out regarding R Kelly before it's release but I'm not sure if that's true...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

shmal96
2 minutes ago, Batwings said:

She should have just done a solo version without R. Kelly. Then it would have smashed, and there wouldn't have been any apprehension about it.  :madge:

THIS. Or collaborating with literally anybody else who doesn't have rape and sexual assult surrounding them. The studio versions of the solo versions and the one with Xtina slayed, and they would have dominated the radio. SUCH a wasted opportunity for a smash hit. 

2 minutes ago, Helxig said:

It really could've gone either way tbh. We can't predict what would've happened. Especially because we never saw the full video, just the snippets that TMZ chose to release. And we all know that TMZ twists things to be the most controversial they possibly can. Who knows what it would've been. From what I've seen I kind of feel like it was a blessing in disguise that it never got released. 

On this topic though, does anyone remember any reasons as to why it wasn't released? My brain wants to remember something about controversy coming out regarding R Kelly before it's release but I'm not sure if that's true...

Yes!

Funny how just like last year we got a picture of a scene that we didn't know before, featuring gaga\R.Kelly dancin' in front of fans.

We only knew about that "scene" because people who attended the shoot said it, but now we had pics of it that TMZ didn't show up.

I really feel curious about this vid tbh, I wish it could just leak but not create a massive scandal nnn

Archived