Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

My Super Bowl halftime idea (with audio)

15jocart

Featured Posts

15jocart

This is my idea for Lady Gaga's SBLI halftime performance. Please listen to the audio as the description makes a lot more sense if you listen to it!

It would start off with the iconic Poker Face "muh muh muh muh" intro in the dark. Then it would jump into the real intro of the song (taken from an ArtRave performance). I thought the "a few...or several" is the funniest thing she's ever accidentally said. PF would obviously come with choreography and all that. NOW SCREAM!

Then it would transition into the chorus of Just Dance. No costume change or anything, but her classic choreo (audio from the Sydney Monster Hall performance).

The Bad Romance intro would come on and she would do a quick change before returning to sing the iconic hook. By this time, the crowd would be singing along. I'm not sure if the word "b*tch" in the bridge would be censored, but it is what it is. Obviously she would dance the choreo that people know and love. She'd continue until the end of BR before a huge final cadence (taken from the iHeartRadio Music Festival in 2011).

After that, she and a few backup singers would sing the chorus of Born This Way (a la her Madison Square Garden performance). Then the intro ("it doesn't matter if you love him or capital H-I-M") would kick in while she did another quick change, before launching into Born This Way (taken from the MuchMusic Video Awards). It would cycle through much of her last Billboard #1 song before giving the audience time to recuperate.

After some applause, Gaga would once again do a quick change (pink hat included) before singing Million Reasons, her latest single. I know some people don't want this, but if Beyoncé can get away with Halo, Gaga can do MR. Plus it's very well-received with the GP. (Audio from the Dive Bar performance). There would be no choreography.

The Joanne portion of the show would continue with A-YO, a perfect fit to get the crowd hyped again (taken from the Dive Bar performance). Instead of Nashville she would say Houston, if she decided to say that. I loved the VSFS choreo, so she should do that. Sorry not sorry for paying Perfect Illusion dust.

The "rock 'n roll country" vibe would continue with Yoü and I. The Super Bowl is played in America, people, and Y&I is pure stadium fast food. Brian Mays could come out and play the guitar although it's not necessary (taken from the 2011 VMAs performance). I didn't include any guest spots on this but I'm sure there will be one. Instead of Nebraska guy she could say Houston guy, Texas guy, or American guy.

Finally, the show would conclude with the audience singing along to The Edge of Glory, a fitting closer for a huge halftime performance (taken from the MMVA). No choreo, just her interacting with the biggest crowd of her career.

Please let me know what you think of this! I've never mixed music before so sorry if there are some rough transition spots...I really tried hahaha. Also, halftimes in football are only 15 minutes so there could be no Paparazzi, Alejandro, Applause, etc. I tried to pick what the GP would like best but also include some fan service as well. No matter what, I'm sure Gaga will blow us away. Thank you!

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

LetsGetHigh

Me seeing

8 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

It would start off with the iconic Poker Face "muh muh muh muh"

this then running to see

8 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

Finally, the show would conclude with the audience singing along to The Edge of Glory

YAS! Maybe w/o the uglee audience cause it's cheesy.

Lemme listen.

Born To Slay

I liked it, except I think Diamond Heart should replace You And I

LetsGetHigh
Just now, Born To Slay said:

I liked it, except I think Diamond Heart should replace You And I

Suitable gif I found on ATRL:

fV4TKhQ.gifheSFea5.gifxdnCUSt.gif

LetsGetHigh

I'm still listening, way too much for Born This Way, should be literally the length of the Carpool Karaoke version.

Duella Dvil

I tried to put together a setlist and I just cannot. I have literally no fackin clue WHAT she will do.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

The Child

Bad Romance would have to be near the end then Applause then TEOG.

She should obviously start with Poker Face, throw in PI & BTW and that's it.

No A-Yo, Million Reasons & You And I. :air:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TEANUS

3 songs from BTW but 0 from ARTPOP bothers me

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

15jocart
16 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

I tried to put together a setlist and I just cannot. I have literally no fackin clue WHAT she will do.

Yeah this is just what I would personally want (I have no life so this is what I spend my time doing) :wacko:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

15jocart
2 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

3 songs from BTW but 0 from ARTPOP bothers me

Only one song from ARTPOP could even be considered (Applause) and I think all 3 songs from BTW deserve to be there.

I still think she will do:

Poker Face

Just Dance

Bad Romance

Born This Way

The Edge of Glory

Perfect Illusion

Million Reasons

You & I (if Queen is the guest)

PopThatArt
59 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Suitable gif I found on ATRL:

fV4TKhQ.gifheSFea5.gifxdnCUSt.gif

Stop trying to make Dancin' in Circles happen, it ain't gonna happen. It's the worst track on Joanne.

Go see A Star is Born

Archived