question

Would Joanne have a meltdown because of the Super Bowl

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Reality

Some of you guys have no f*cking faith in her. When she slays the SB and gets talked about, and gets media attention, and when Joanne's sales increase, you're going to forget what you're saying about her right now. 

She'll be fine, she'll put on an amazing show, there's nothing to worry about.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Because shes not going to stay in this tiny little box everyone puts her in and perform like shes "supposed" to, and sing the music she "should" sing

I'm sorry but you seem clueless to how the Super Bowl works. When you perform there, you get tons of publicity. In return, you have to meet it's expectations. It's a huge scale event. You need to entertain millions of people across the country. It's the most mainstream and 'pop' thing you can ever imagine. If you sign up for this, you better stay in that so called 'tiny box' everyone expects you to be in because if you don't, your career is dead. 

Runway
4 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Because for the most part they've been basic, alongside the music videos and the bland outfits and depressing interviews. The only colorful moment we got out of Joanne so far was the VSFS appearance and performance.

if something was truly terribly bad, there would be more people than the same three pressed stans pointing it out, like... ARTPOP for example lmao

1 minute ago, Runway said:

if something was truly terribly bad, there would be more people than the same three pressed stans pointing it out, like... ARTPOP for example lmao

Well clearly you're not a frequent GGD visitor, it's been constant meltdowns and complaints since the first single and I don't blame them. Even ARTPOP was more exciting than this, the sad updates in the News section are very telling of how dry and sparse this album era has been.

RadioIsOurs

We are not expecting it to go truly terribly bad. We know that wouldn't happen. But the Super Bowl is something that needs to be perfect to a tee. If Gaga's standard of 'perfect' is the same as yours, it's something that we will be very much fearful of. 

ShockPop

Each viewer doesn't add an extra degree of difficulty. 

This event is no different to a tour date... except it's easier and shorter.

Runway
4 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I'm sorry but you seem clueless to how the Super Bowl works. When you perform there, you get tons of publicity. In return, you have to meet it's expectations. It's a huge scale event. You need to entertain millions of people across the country. It's the most mainstream and 'pop' thing you can ever imagine. If you sign up for this, you better stay in that so called 'tiny box' everyone expects you to be in because if you don't, your career is dead. 

there are meltdowns every era since Born This Way, praising the previous era while complaining about the current one, with her next album you will see a lot of people suddenly loving joanne

ARTPOPNick
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

I wouldn't say easier, but yeah it's way shorter so she can focus on those 12 minutes instead of 120 minutes... but now she just has one chance, and everything has to be perfect, and if you watch the documentary there can go soooo much wrong, and if something goes wrong at a tour, it's not that "bad", because "sh!t happens", but if that happens at the SB... well, you're screwed.. 

but yeah, It will probably feel for her like playing a big stadium again

doppelganger

The only ones having a meltdown are the fans tbh. 

She will turn it out, and Gaga being Gaga... it'll be something we will not expect and not simply a rehash of her previous performances. 

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Runway said:

there are meltdowns every era since Born This Way, praising the previous era while complaining about the current one, with her next album you will see a lot of people suddenly loving joanne

Sorry but I don't get how that's relevant to our discussion. All I want is for her deliver a spectacular performance that is better than the rest and is top notch in every single aspect. Even if she doesn't deliver that, it's the goal she should at least be setting for this show. That's what everyone does for their Super Bowl performance. If she has the same mentality as you, this show is not going to succeed. That's why I'm concerned for her mental health. Almost all the odds are stacked against her for this era, and there's no way she can escape it without going through much stress. 

Runway
8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Well clearly you're not a frequent GGD visitor, it's been constant meltdowns and complaints since the first single and I don't blame them. Even ARTPOP was more exciting than this, the sad updates in the News section are very telling of how dry and sparse this album era has been.

DYkhs14.gif

ARTPOPNick
3 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Sorry but I don't get how that's relevant to our discussion. All I want is for her deliver a spectacular performance that is better than the rest and is top notch in every single aspect. Even if she doesn't deliver that, it's the goal she should at least be setting for this show. That's what everyone does for their Super Bowl performance. If she has the same mentality as you, this show is not going to succeed. That's why I'm concerned for her mental health. Almost all the odds are stacked against her for this era, and there's no way she can escape it without going through much stress. 

tumblr_llms9x4lvo1qz9npg.gif?w=100&quali

Runway
5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

oop I was supposed to quote the other person.

still.. im not saying i WANT her to deliver a 15 minute long acoustic performace, in fact i think the performance will probably be closer to the monster ball than the dive bar. I just dont think any performance this era is an indicator that she won't serve during the halftime, like yall want us to believe

MaryJaneHolland
16 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

except there are 200.000.000 people watching you instead of  20.000 :sure:

Archived