Anyone else?- Donatella rant

Nono

Featured Posts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati
14 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The lyrics are actually "I am the pearl to your oyster, I'm your babe" but it sounds like "I smoke Marlboro Lights and drink champagne" on the studio version :sharon:

OT: Why am I not surprised at y'all not understanding the lyrics :chica: She said multiple times, the song is about Donatella Versace being conceived as so dumb, blonde bimbo with plastic surgery that is "famous for being famous", when she's actually a very talented designer/businesswoman that deeply cares for her friends and family and is a great person all around, but has her humanity stripped from her by the media and general public for lavishing in the riches she earned by working her ass off :chica:

but its "I'm gonna smoke marlboro reds and drink champagne" throughout the entire song, it's even more clear when she sings it live. I think she might've changed it up a couple of times singing live actually lol but that's the version that she sung both live and on the album, marlboro reds.

Bayonetta
21 minutes ago, scorpion said:

Tf is wrong with you? Its hands down one of her best songs ever made. Youre drunk.     Literally the fiercest song on ARTPOP besides the title track itself. Its iconic.

Omg, this tea is so hot :diane:

Supersonic
Just now, Sure Joanne said:

but its "I'm gonna smoke marlboro reds and drink champagne" throughout the entire song, it's even more clear when she sings it live. I think she might've changed it up a couple of times singing live actually lol but that's the version that she sung both live and on the album, marlboro reds.

The booklet says otherwise, she tweeted the lyrics as well if IRC.

What is going on with GGD today? :oprah:

First people are defending Closer. Now people are trying to tarnish the name of the bop that is Donatella. :excuseu:

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Illuminati
10 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The booklet says otherwise, she tweeted the lyrics as well if IRC.

actually yeah i listened to it twice, the oyster part is really quiet before she goes to sing about the marlboro reds instantly. And it's supposed (?) to be marlboro lights but during the artrave she clearly says reds.

Mi-Mi-Bella
(I'm a rich bitch, I'm the upper class)
All of the day
(I'm the pearl to your oyster, I'm a babe)
I'm gonna smoke Marlboro Reds and drink Champagne
(I smoke Marlboro Reds and drink Champagne)
Donatella

and the booklet says lights and reds :flop: god this is so confusing

Lemonade
1 hour ago, LePetitMonstr said:

It's such a bad song :interestinga:

And to think she decided to put this trash on ARTPOP while paying dust to Stache or Brooklyn Nights.

Brooklyn Nights is trash

doja scat

girl you made a mistake making this thread :air:

the gays are not. having. it. with this Donatella slander :rip: 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

one of my FAVS on AP.... what a gem.... the beat is sickening, and the vainity of the lyrics is everything tbh...

2 hours ago, scorpion said:

Tf is wrong with you? Its hands down one of her best songs ever made. Youre drunk.     Literally the fiercest song on ARTPOP besides the title track itself. Its iconic.

THIS X 99398478393939238... IM obsessed with this song... honestly, its a bop

djBuffoon

I mean, it's 100% satirical. I don't think it's a good song, but you might be taking it too seriously.

gaga explained that the song is sarcastic and is kind of making fun of what people always say about donatella and gaga, i think its fun song and i remember i was shook when i first heard it bcs it was and it still is a bop

imma cut a bitch

Jonathan Florencio

Dunno if someone already commented, but isn't it supposed to be that way? Like, a superficial song? I feel like the song is "superficial" because it represents something superficial, like a rich life of a rich woman, u know? It's suppose to give you the vibes of first world problems and "oh, my yoga class will be in 15 minutes but the Uber Maximum Premium Rich Gold Fever will take 20! Gosh, I hate this life!"

At least I feel like that's the vibe she wanted to put in the song, although it shows that Donatella isn't all that superficial (the misunderstood part that I forgot now)

Archived