opinion

Anyone else?- Donatella rant

Nono

Featured Posts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Coop said:

What bothers me about that song is this part, "I'm gonna smoke Marlboro Lights and drink Champagne (I smoke Marlboro Reds and drink Champagne)."  Like, is she smoking Marlboro Lights or Reds? Why couldn't she decide? :madge: 

Mybe both :classy:

DrewStevens

Isn't it quite obvious that the whole song is satirical?

Ok-GIF-2015.gif

She has always had cringy lyrics.

"In the morning buy me eggs"

"I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties"

scorpion

Tf is wrong with you? Its hands down one of her best songs ever made. Youre drunk.     Literally the fiercest song on ARTPOP besides the title track itself. Its iconic.

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Coop said:

What bothers me about that song is this part, "I'm gonna smoke Marlboro Lights and drink Champagne (I smoke Marlboro Reds and drink Champagne)."  Like, is she smoking Marlboro Lights or Reds? :huh: Why couldn't she decide? :madge: 

The lyrics are actually "I am the pearl to your oyster, I'm your babe" but it sounds like "I smoke Marlboro Lights and drink champagne" on the studio version :sharon:

OT: Why am I not surprised at y'all not understanding the lyrics :chica: She said multiple times, the song is about Donatella Versace being conceived as so dumb, blonde bimbo with plastic surgery that is "famous for being famous", when she's actually a very talented designer/businesswoman that deeply cares for her friends and family and is a great person all around, but has her humanity stripped from her by the media and general public for lavishing in the riches she earned by working her ass off :chica:

4 minutes ago, scorpion said:

Tf is wrong with you? Its hands down one of her best songs ever made. Youre drunk.     Literally the fiercest song on ARTPOP besides the title track itself. Its iconic.

:awkney:

Panchecco

I get what you mean but it's a sort of inside joke between her and Donatella (maybe even Allegra)...

the song is about Gaga mocking Donatella through what people think or say about her so... it's really about making fun at all the Donatella's haters around the world :reductive:

that's why I love that songs... it's about their friendship

Spoiler

you have to admit that at least once in ur life u danced to the song like f5xj8r.gif

it's a bop:sis:

Panchecco
6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The lyrics are actually "I am the pearl to your oyster, I'm your babe" but it sounds like "I smoke Marlboro Lights and drink champagne" on the studio version :sharon:

OT: Why am I not surprised at y'all not understanding the lyrics :chica: She said multiple times, the song is about Donatella Versace being conceived as so dumb, blonde bimbo with plastic surgery that is "famous for being famous", when she's actually a very talented designer/businesswoman that deeply cares for her friends and family and is a great person all around, but has her humanity stripped from her by the media and general public for lavishing in the riches she earned by working her ass off :chica:

giphy.gif

Helxig

It's satire though. She's being over the top because she's making fun of how people see her.

The song is about how people misunderstand strong women like her and Donatella and think they're up themselves, bitchy, snobby, etc.

"Because she walks so bad, like it feels so good. Listen to her radiate her magic, even though she's misunderstood."

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Illuminati

It's meant to be ironic, she portrays what the society thinks of Donatellas values, etc. Not a favorite of mine but if I was to name a bad song on ARTPOP that would be MJH

Archived