💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Why are people getting attacked here?

Mary Jane Wayne

Featured Posts

Batwings

Why is it so hard for people to believe that some of us legitimately like 95% of what Gaga has done? That we're not just blind, ass-kissing sheep? Even in this thread, I've already seen "little ass-kissers" comments suggesting that some fans are delusional and force themselves to like stuff. If I don't like something Gaga does, what's the point in forcing myself to like it? That doesn't make any sense.

And on the flip side, I can understand why many fans have been disappointed in some of what Gaga has done, but people on both sides should be more respectful of one another and present their opinions in a more thoughtful, constructive way. I think sometimes that many GGDers get so caught up in trying to out-snark one another that a lot of discussions just degenerate into "drags" and bitchy remarks which leads to more animosity on both sides.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Nah, but you should show her respect at least :sweat:

Hide contents

Not saying that you don't, just speaking generally :ph34r:

Nothing grinds my gears as much as reading rants written by "fans" about how Gaga's lost something or her new music is trash or boring or whatever. Like, you're free to dislike it and to share that opinion but say so in a constructive and respectful way :saladga: She's not some product to be sold and it's not right to insult her when she puts out music, videos, etc that aren't your taste.

Agree

Ashley

It's not "slight complaining" it's making rude comments and outlandish claims. I myself have expressed my disappointment with some things Gaga has done and have never been dragged to the pits as you said. Maybe because I do so respectfully?

FATCAT
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I don't get this "Don't call me a fake fan" nonsense. I haven't seen anyone on here say "You're not a real fan because you don't like ____". I've definitely seen people argue about something, but I haven't personally seen this "I'm a real fan and you're not". 

People just want to say think of a something  to make themselves feel better. This "fake fan" excuse, in my opinion, is bullsh*t. 

People will have opinions and they will express them. They have every right to do that, but there's a pine between simply expressing an opinion and being just plain rude. 

I've seen it multiple times, and I've been called a fake fan multiple times. 

Purr more, hiss less.

RAMROD

Because oversung like broken records, think it is so important to have a new thred about it rather than participate in the existing threads regarding the matter, all for that hit thread status.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

That's GGD members for you :sharon: I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's the purpose of making forums like these. 

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

Nah, but you should show her respect at least :sweat:

Hide contents

Not saying that you don't, just speaking generally :ph34r:

Nothing grinds my gears as much as reading rants written by "fans" about how Gaga's lost something or her new music is trash or boring or whatever. Like, you're free to dislike it and to share that opinion but say so in a constructive and respectful way :saladga: She's not some product to be sold and it's not right to insult her when she puts out music, videos, etc that aren't your taste.

But when I don't like some Gaga does I am complaining about the product. The actual material she is selling not her as a person. I still love her.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

3 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

And this is just a dumb comment to make, seen it before, its the other way around, the pop obsessed, chart obsessed people on here can't deal with Gaga doing anything non-pop dance oriented and they can't deal with their disappointment in how things other than pop are being accepted and loved by the non-pop oriented crowd on here and in the public. That's why YOU people try to persuade those of us who love Joanne that the pop stuff she was doing before is better and that Joanne is bad. You are the ones with negative opinions, we who love Joanne are merely defending the album and the videos against YOUR negative opinions. You are the ones who doubt Gaga that's why you always want her to rest on her laurels creating what has already been accepted by pop fans, the chart and the media rather than create something new and different like Joanne or Cheek to Cheek. 

This is exactly what this threads about little asskissers thinking every opinion is negative. 

I think the die hard fans are just pressed because Gaga is not slaying us as hoped or like she used to so they get super defensive:v:

giskardsb

People make flamebaity comments and then act surprised they are being "attacked".  It's very passive aggressive behaviour.  They hide behind "stating my opinion" as if it excuses throwing invective and derogatory comments around.  Or they claim "constructive criticism" without understanding what that actually means. 

There is also an obvious tendency towards group think meltdowns.  People build on each others negative comments and it spirals into a mess, often with people figuring out later it wasn't as bad as they made it out. For some reason GGD users enjoy being overdramatic (positive and negative). People need to mellow out a bit and calm down before posting. 

Then, some people think it's "funny" to post snarky shade towards Gaga everywhere including unrelated threads or threads that would be positive.  

These things cause an overall negative vibe to permeate which people are tired of, making them overreact to dissenting opinions, even reasonable ones 

PartySick
1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

But when I don't like some Gaga does I am complaining about the product. The actual material she is selling not her as a person. I still love her.

Then that's totally fine :laughga:

Example of a critical fan: "I don't like the Million Reasons video. I find it boring and too simple, especially when compared to her older videos."

Spoiler

This can create an actual discussion. You can elaborate on why you think it's boring. What exactly is missing from it? What were you hoping for in the first place? And it also opens the door for others to respectfully disagree and share their same points from a different perspective.

Example of a doucher: "the MR video sucks lmao. Why is Gaga getting so lazy these days?! #Decay"

Spoiler

This is just rude and a totally worthless comment that'll do nothing but create a circle-jerk of flamebait and disrespect :spin:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

666 others
4 hours ago, Leeo said:

I think we should just have one thread fixed like "Discuss ur Joanne Meltdowns" and everyone could talk there and not many threads would be out at same time :laughga:

I second that.

:holyshit:

Phoenix

just ignore the delusional fans that will force themselves to like anything Gaga does just so they can be "the real fans"

it's pathetic and childish lmao

💎

Diamond Heart

its both sides of extremes tbh. 
I notice the same members going into threads to post some shady **** for a coupla likes. It gets extremely tiring and i dont get why your on a fan website dedicated to the person your constantly attacking. 
i notice the same members absolutely exploding at people who are saying the dont like something Gaga has done. 

As another user said, its an endless cycle of complainers, and people complaining about the complainers. 

Also ive noticed that people complain that they are being attacked for having an opinion. when you post 'omg Gaga sucks now i hate everything she does, REDONE WHERES REDONE FFS' of course your going to be criticized considering there is absolutely nothing respectful about that kind of comment.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Mary Jane Wayne
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

Then that's totally fine :laughga:

Example of a critical fan: "I don't like the Million Reasons video. I find it boring and too simple, especially when compared to her older videos."

Reveal hidden contents

This can create an actual discussion. You can elaborate on why you think it's boring. What exactly is missing from it? What were you hoping for in the first place? And it also opens the door for others to respectfully disagree and share their same points from a different perspective.

Example of a doucher: "the MR video sucks lmao. Why is Gaga getting so lazy these days?! #Decay"

Reveal hidden contents

This is just rude and a totally worthless comment that'll do nothing but create a circle-jerk of flamebait and disrespect :spin:

I get your point but trust me the person that got attacked on here was expressing their opinion in a very respectful way or at least it's the way I see it :hmm: 

Archived