question

Why are people getting attacked here?

Mary Jane Wayne

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, donthatemeplss said:

Girl, y'all have to learn the the difference between complaining and having an opinion. If I or anyone else say: ''I don't like this'' it's opinion, not complain. 

But people rarely say "I don't like this" or "IMO".  Instead they claim that a song, or a video, or an album is "trash" as though that's absolute truth, not opinion.  Anything that doesn't appeal to their personal taste is deemed to be bad.  People act as if they are the only judge of what is good.  If one person hates a song, anyone who likes it is "delusional".  There is no room allowed for differing tastes.

Gaga is against rudeness.  What to many fans embrace?  Rudeness.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Well there's errors on both sides :emma: In some cases it's not just simple and constructive complaining, it goes into being rude and disrespectful about her and her team and can even go into outright insults which is never the right way to go about negative criticism (on this forum at least) :spin: 

There's also the other side, sometimes people post negative opinions in the right way and they're wrongfully attacked for them because some people take any negative criticism towards Gaga as an attack on her and then in retaliation will go and attack the user who's voiced that negative opinion :noparty:

It's going to be a never-ending struggle really and it's not something I see ever being fixed completely. All we can do is please make sure that we're being respectful to one another, or at the very least not disrespectful :ohno: Any steps forward towards keeping disagreements and discussions on a civil level are an improvement and our posts have a larger impact because they contribute to the thread overall and its atmosphere - that's something to bare in mind and definitely take into consideration when posting, whether about your own opinions or when speaking to others about their opinions :omg: 

Earthling

I think a lot of the angst stems from the die-hard stans not even being willing to admit that they themselves have feelings of disappointment etc., so they force themselves into the mindset of unquestioning praise for everything Gaga puts out. Then when other fans voice these "negative" opinions, the stans lash out because those opinions reinforce their own suppressed doubt in Gaga and it's frustrating for the stans, who love her and only want to adore everything she creates.   

Spoiler

and this is coming from a Gaga stan :icega:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

FATCAT

People call me a fake fan all the damn time, but I just have them jailed as I AM their president. Feast Forever, FAT CAT.

Purr more, hiss less.

PopThatArt
1 hour ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

I've noticed that anyone who slightly complains about this era gets dragged to pits on GGD. Using the same "you're a fake fan" card to attack people who have a different opinion is not cute. This conclusion is purely based on my observations not any of my personal experiences. 

Slightly complains? A slight complaint is not creating threads every day to put down something Gaga has done for Joanne. It is constant and incessant, and it's not just Joanne they put down, it's been this constant ongoing thing since before ARTPOP. For over 3 years the same people, and a few new ones, don't speak positively about anything Gaga has done or is doing, all they do is insult the work and say Gaga "needs to be" or "needs to make music" like whomever is trendy at the moment, or like what she did before that was trendy, rather than create something new and explore different genres. 

Go see A Star is Born

Whispering

Keep it respectful and if you've been complaining for a year, two....or sometimes up to five years, it probably is time to move on to a new artist, or at least a new topic. :)  It gets old watching the same people complain about the same **** several times a week, sometimes for years. That's where some of the conflict comes from. It would help the atmosphere here tremendously if people would say their opinions respectfully and then move on. 

HOTNebraskaGuy
5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

People call me a fake fan all the damn time, but I just have them jailed as I AM their president. Feast Forever, FAT CAT.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

PopThatArt
15 minutes ago, Earthling said:

I think a lot of the angst stems from the die-hard stans not even being willing to admit that they themselves have feelings of disappointment etc., so they force themselves into the mindset of unquestioning praise for everything Gaga puts out. Then when other fans voice these "negative" opinions, the stans lash out because those opinions reinforce their own suppressed doubt in Gaga and it's frustrating for the stans, who love her and only want to adore everything she creates.   

Reveal hidden contents

and this is coming from a Gaga stan :icega:

And this is just a dumb comment to make, seen it before, its the other way around, the pop obsessed, chart obsessed people on here can't deal with Gaga doing anything non-pop dance oriented and they can't deal with their disappointment in how things other than pop are being accepted and loved by the non-pop oriented crowd on here and in the public. That's why YOU people try to persuade those of us who love Joanne that the pop stuff she was doing before is better and that Joanne is bad. You are the ones with negative opinions, we who love Joanne are merely defending the album and the videos against YOUR negative opinions. You are the ones who doubt Gaga that's why you always want her to rest on her laurels creating what has already been accepted by pop fans, the chart and the media rather than create something new and different like Joanne or Cheek to Cheek. 

Go see A Star is Born

Sister

You can not like something that Gaga is doing RESPECTFULLY and one can argue an opinion without making it personal and insulting.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Reality

I don't get this "Don't call me a fake fan" nonsense. I haven't seen anyone on here say "You're not a real fan because you don't like ____". I've definitely seen people argue about something, but I haven't personally seen this "I'm a real fan and you're not". 

People just want to say think of a something  to make themselves feel better. This "fake fan" excuse, in my opinion, is bullsh*t. 

People will have opinions and they will express them. They have every right to do that, but there's a pine between simply expressing an opinion and being just plain rude. 

🃏🖤👹

sipthistea

Maybe it's because some people can't express an opinion without whining and making hundreds of threads telling the world how much they hate certain things and claiming Gaga is over. And then they go to the part where they question Gaga's decisions and artistry, as if they were an authority in the area. 

Have an opinion, but don't start questioning things that you don't know. :madge:

Earthling
3 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

And this is just a dumb comment to make, seen it before, its the other way way around, the pop obsessed, chart obsessed people on here can't deal with Gaga doing anything non-pop dance oriented and they can't deal with their disappointment in how things other than pop are being accepted and loved by the non-pop oriented crowd on here and in the public. That's why YOU people try to persuade those of us who love Joanne that the pop stuff she was doing before is better and that Joanne is bad. You are the ones with negative opinions, we who love Joanne are merely defending the album and the videos against YOUR negative opinions. You are the ones who doubt Gaga that's why you always want her to rest on her laurels creating what has already been accepted by pop fans, the chart and the media rather than create something new and different like Joanne or Cheek to Cheek. 

Hey don't come at me just for answering the OP's question with an opinion

Also when did I say that I think Joanne is bad etc...???

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Letmelivemylife
52 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Nah, but you should show her respect at least :sweat:

Reveal hidden contents

Not saying that you don't, just speaking generally :ph34r:

Nothing grinds my gears as much as reading rants written by "fans" about how Gaga's lost something or her new music is trash or boring or whatever. Like, you're free to dislike it and to share that opinion but say so in a constructive and respectful way :saladga: She's not some product to be sold and it's not right to insult her when she puts out music, videos, etc that aren't your taste.

Exactly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you can have an opinion without being mean. I don't have a problem with people saying "I don't like this and here are the reasons why". That's ok. Not everybody is gonna like something but there's a HUGE difference between saying "I don't like this for x y and z reasons" and just being a vicious asshole

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Letmelivemylife

*enters mom mode": Hey!!!!!!!! Everybody be nice!!!! We're family. It's New Years. Now everybody hug and just agree to disagree

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

27 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

Slightly complains? A slight complaint is not creating threads every day to put down something Gaga has done for Joanne. It is constant and incessant, and it's not just Joanne they put down, it's been this constant ongoing thing since before ARTPOP. For over 3 years the same people, and a few new ones, don't speak positively about anything Gaga has done or is doing, all they do is insult the work and say Gaga "needs to be" or "needs to make music" like whomever is trendy at the moment, or like what she did before that was trendy, rather than create something new and explore different genres. 

tbh this is more likely since BTW. People called BTW a mess back then since "Judas" was out, TEOG vid, You & I and Marry the Night singles but no Heavy Metal Lover and Scheisse... 

Spoiler

And I agree with them all! :staymad:

Spoiler
Spoiler

NNN KIDDING

I feel that the bad thing is that some people don't know how to express theirselves. It's not like they're bad, sometimes they feel "upset" and create a thread but the thing turns out to be messy and it always end up worst because of the Complaining people vs the people complaining about who's complaining.

I think we should just have noe thread fixed like "Discuss ur Joanne Meltdowns" and everyone could talk there and not many threads would be out at same time :laughga:

Archived