💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

''Rebel Heart'' Is So Underrated

Regina George

Featured Posts

the demos were far superior to the versions that appeared on the album, it was a step better than MDNA/Hard Candy however. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

As much as I love her, no ****ing way it's an underrated album.

It goes from quite good to the absolute worst

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Pacify Him

I've never even seen anyone recommend a song from that album from anyone who loves it lol. I've only seen one person quote a whole verse about bondage lmao. That's how underrated it is

I’m getting on your nerves

John Slayne

yes gawd it is SO good :giveup: but it got pretty good ratings, sold over 1M copies WW, it's her most streamed studio album, and the tour grossed over 150M... so it was fairly successful, considering the leak (it was one of the 3 most ilegally downloaded albums of 2015 :emma: where is ha diamond certification?)

15870471_732908600199097_1514588968_n.pn

I was listening to it yesterday actually. I don't think it has that long-lasting effect some of here other albums have but I like it. It has a lot of good tracks

- Some leaks were better than the finished product and shaped the expectations of the public before the public heard the actual tracks. Some were better than others and people were turned off by the changes. 

- I like the self-references in the album to a degree. Track names, lyrics, a lot of it is derivative directly from her career. But I think it's a bit too far. It's an album in which she keeps congratulating herself and in  the end, it sounds redundant - like she put her career in a blender and Rebel Heart came out.

- Some tracks simply sound unfinished (Addicted :cryga: :giveup: ...why?). 

- Musically it's "let's see what the kids listen to these days and we'll go from there".  A shitload of producers with no particular sound.

- The album would have been much better without trash like S.E.X. , Queen, Autotune Baby 

John Slayne
8 minutes ago, Lnds500 said:

Queen, Autotune Baby 

sis these weren't even rihleased... honestly why is everyone obsessed with criticizing outtakes? :laughga: they didn't make it to the album so you shouldn't judge her for them :nails: not to mention she didn't want them to be heard obvi

HauntingHollow

please, the songs are bland, even the ones with potential got ruined by cheap lyrics and melodies, her voice sounds really weird, no thanks 

38o10h.gif 

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

7 hours ago, M D N A said:

Maybe, but it's a demo not included on the album so :lolga:

It is. On the German Edition (MediaMarkt)... :trollga:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Bellatrix
2 minutes ago, Aleks said:

It is. On the German Edition (MediaMarkt)... :trollga:

Gosh, that changes everything

tumblr_njmw2hpWr21qk08n1o1_500.gif

29 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

sis these weren't even rihleased... honestly why is everyone obsessed with criticizing outtakes? :laughga: they didn't make it to the album so you shouldn't judge her for them :nails: not to mention she didn't want them to be heard obvi

They were released. Queen was leaked from the Super Deluxe album, it's a finished track, not a demo and Auto-tune Baby is a bonus track. 

ToxicHot

I find myself bopping to Best Night on a regular basis :lolly: 

Other than that, it's got a few good songs but I don't like it as a whole

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

StrawberryBlond

I don't think it's under-rated as far as this community's concerned. There have been threads made before about how good an album this is and a lot of GGD members have brought it up as one of her better albums. It also wasn't overly under-rated by the public either. It got decent reviews, sold over 1 million worldwide (which is an achievement these days), the Bitch I'm Madonna video got over 100 million views and has over a million likes (Madonna's biggest Vevo acheivement to date) and the tour sold over 1 million tickets and made just under $170 million worldwide. That was more than than Gaga's Artrave despite AP selling more copies and the tour having cheaper tickets.

But yeah, artistically, I don't think it's underrated. There's some good songs on it but a lot of rubbish too. I think it's her best album since American Life (which isn't saying much, though) and isn't as bad as Hard Candy or MDNA but she still has a way to go before she gets back to her heyday. Holy Water is a disgusting abomination, if you pardon the pun, along with the pandering to the youth Bitch I'm Madonna. I despair for any of her young fans listening to this and thinking this is some of her best work. They need to listen to some of her truly underrated work like Bedtime Stories.

John Slayne
14 minutes ago, Lnds500 said:

They were released. Queen was leaked from the Super Deluxe album, it's a finished track, not a demo and Auto-tune Baby is a bonus track. 

They literally weren't? Spotify has the super deluxe version and it's nowhere to be seen... I found on wikipedia that MediaMarkt had the Auto-Tune Baby (so like 5 people bought it), but Queen wasn't released :sis:

Just now, John Slayne said:

They literally weren't? Spotify has the super deluxe version and it's nowhere to be seen... I found on wikipedia that MediaMarkt had the Auto-Tune Baby (so like 5 people bought it), but Queen wasn't released :sis:

The Super Deluxe edition was leaked and Queen was dropped at the last minute. It is a finished track though, it's not like the demos. Someone obviously had the good sense to drop it, albeit on the last minute. 

Archived