opinion

I love Gaga's music because ...

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

... she doesn't write music for the charts or her fans. She writes music for herself and it really shows. Gaga doesn't copy or follow recent trends. Her music stands out solely by being extraordinary good and meaningful - it has a purpose and doesn't feel like 

"Here is a bop, dance to it one or two times and then forget about it"

GAGA IS MUSIC.

DeanWinchester

She explicitly told Mark to leave TFM hooks in some Joanne songs for her fans though but yes I agree in a general sense

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

AlexanderMagno

That I can agree, and Joanne perfectly shows it :golfclap: she clearly wrote the album thinking about her family, her own feelings towards life. It might not be the sound her fans want to hear, but truly is very close to her heart.

Unfortunately most of her career was all "doing it for the fans" talk, when you write your own music this is an inevitable backlash :sweat: let that be a lesson for the next generation of great pop artists.

MaryJaneHolland

Charts might not be her priority, but she said many times how she wanted to write a hit record :sweat: Everyone cares about charts, let's not be delusional. 

The Fame Joanne

Didn't she say sth like "I'm trying to write a hit record" in one of the "making joanne" videos? :sweat:

AlexanderMagno
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Charts might not be her priority, but she said many times how she wanted to write a hit record :sweat: Everyone cares about charts, let's not be delusional. 

Yes I agree, but I don't think that's the right way to read what the OP is saying :) of course she cares about the charts (it has been obvious for a long time), and of course she wants a hit record, but I think she wants her own songs to be a hit, not really write something that's an obvious hit but far from being a song she can relate to. She doesn't want to write a #1 song, she wants her songs to be #1. At least that's the way I see it (and hopefully I'm right about her on this one).

Gypsygaga1

Thank you for this wonderful thread.It brought a smile to my face:hug:

I would like your post,but I am out of likes because of the Born This Way Megarate:toofunny:

Perfect Ilusion

Reality
20 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Didn't she say sth like "I'm trying to write a hit record" in one of the "making joanne" videos? :sweat:

I think she was mocking Ronson when she said that. 

🃏🖤👹

The Fame Joanne
Just now, M Monstre said:

I think she was mocking Ronson when she said that. 

When she mocked Mark she said "I know, it needs to be the next fücking Uptown Funk"

Reality
2 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

When she mocked Mark she said "I know, it needs to be the next fücking Uptown Funk"

Yeah, but then after she said "You know, it needs to be the biggest song of the year", which probably refers to Uptown Funk and its massive success. 

🃏🖤👹

Sometimes when she says she doesn't write for the charts I think... isn't she just lost and actually not being able to write what clicks with the GP and that makes a hit? Idk :sweat: She mentions "hit record" and "hit song" too often not to care about this.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

She explicitly told Mark to leave TFM hooks in some Joanne songs for her fans though but yes I agree in a general sense

I guess he didnt listen to ha :poot:

Archived