šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Interscope is weird

Impostor

Featured Posts

gaga has admitted herself that she's been at war with her label over picking singles. absolutely she should leave! she deserves better!Ā 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus
5 minutes ago, buddh1sm said:

gaga has admitted herself that she's been at war with her label over picking singles. absolutely she should leave! she deserves better!Ā 

I think that was probably part of her contractual deal, she would have elevated creative control to a degreeĀ but they would still have the say on singles, the final outcome and any tweaks i.e. Making her vocals less theatrical on records

1 minute ago, gagzus said:

I think that was probably part of her contractual deal, she would have elevated creative control to a degreeĀ but they would still have the say on singles, the final outcome and any tweaks i.e. Making her vocals less theatrical on records

i understand that. my favorite band coheed and cambria have gone through this with Reprise. the lead singer & frontman is also an artist & made a ton of conceptual artwork that explained the story of the album (which is an galactic battle in space that he wrote that is the subject matter for all theirĀ albums) and they told him no. and then they chose this stupid black and red album cover that only had text on it. and they had been signed for YEARS at this point & was one of their top bands. like they had proven themselves. i get that your contract is your contract...but art cannont be bound like that completely. and when ppl like gaga have proven themselves, they should be trusted more. or they should get out and if they have the money and power make their own lable.Ā 

I'm always saying if DITD, ScheiƟe, HML and Venus were singles, things would've looked waaaaay different today. But ok.

I just don't understand why is the label limiting so much potential, it's like they're sabotaging themselves on purpose. Wouldn't it be better for them if their artists hadĀ more hits?

Andrew2512
13 hours ago, Misaki said:

Gaga should sign herself under Katy's label.:trollga:

No when Katy sell 20 Millions with an album or sing live Gaga can work with her.

LetsGetHigh

Remember this was Azealia's debut album though. I think for debut albums, it's best that labels actually choose at least the lead single.

Also, Interscope can't be thrown like that. The people who were assigned to work with Azealia and Lana don't have to be the same who work with Gaga. Plus, Gaga has said many times she loves Interscope and they treat her right.

Do you ACTUALLY think Interscope is Gaga's problem? Really sorry but it's dumb to think so. Sorry if I seem like I'm attacking you - not my intention. But this woman released Cheek to Cheek and Joanne with them (C2C partially but still). :laughga: The Fame+Monster are so different than BTW, yet they didn't give her a hard time. BTW is so different to ARTPOP, but they didn't give her a hard time. And let's not talk about C2C and Joanne cause they're SO different.

If Gaga hated Interscope, she wouldn't have re-negotiated her contract with them this year. Any huge label would have eaten her up. In fact, PropaGaga has said that part of negotiation is that she gets full control, and that her manager or anyone else is not allowed to put her singles in Spotify playlists and as such without her consent.

So really, if you're blaming Interscope for Gaga's constant, hm, weakness in executing stuff, then that's because of Gaga herself. When people nag "ugh why doesn't Bobby/Interscope just add MR to Spotify's big playlists? They're so dumb they don't know streaming is huge," it's actually Gaga's fault. Interscope is very much aware of streaming's power - that's why they always buy expensive slots (at the top of the playlist OR cover photo) on Today's Top Hits Spotify playlist for Bad Things and Black Beatles among others weekly.

shmal96

Pretty sure that's how all record labels are.... If they don't think something will make money and be profitable to them they will be hesitant and try to fix things. Unfortunately that's how that business works, money and sales are the main priority.Ā 

Of course! Record labels are interested in selling, nothing else.

Gaga herself spoke about what 'happened to her' in front of Interscope while releasing ARTPOP..Ā 

I think it was the V Magazine article where she spoke about leaking Aura because the record label didn't approve releasing the song as a single.

Ā 

Also, don't forget all the hype about DWYWĀ  and releasing its music video..

Most times its the record label and the advertisers Ā which has the control about the content published.

im sure interscope wanted gaga to make perfect illusion and they brought bloodpop in, it wasnt really her choice thats why she didnt promopte PI that much and reason sheĀ never sings it bcs i feel shes not so much into that song which is sad bcs i love that song so much

imma cut a bitch

Ok first of all: Soda is better than Chasing TimeĀ 

:trollga:nn just kidding.

Ā 

But let's get one thing: Every label wants money. It's not like... "Oh we love Gaga she can do whatever she wants yes". No. Everyone wants\need the money. We know that Gaga is an artist and for many ways I BELIEVE they also see her as an artist, but also a "Product". She's a worker, a way of getting money. That's the thing.

There's no reason to believe that the label wants to f**** someone up(??). When they chose singles and stuff, it's likely that they want the best for the artist's PROFIT. And we cannot speak a lot, we all know for example thatĀ AlejandroĀ was Gaga's choice for third single on TFM (the label wanted DITD). She also hinted already that one of the songs hinted to be theĀ lead for BTWĀ was...Marry the night. Her favorite song. later, she hinted it would be the third single instead of TEOG, but also TEOG was a instant sucess so they gave it a chance...

Ā 

If u think that "changing label" would solve things, I'm sorry, but more likely it would make things worst. Gaga has a big creative freedom inside Interscope, she's one of the "BIG NAMES" on the label (if not the biggest while talking about the POP field). Imagine being on Capitol and standing behind Katy Perry or going anywhere else standing behind Adele, BeyoncĆ© or Anyone else? (I'm not telling she's smaller, but it's a fact: a Label never release "BIG" artists together. Every release would need x months between her and another big name so they can invest). And also, we always knew that Gaga was different. Do u guys think that Katy has the "FREEDOM" that Gaga has on Interscope?Ā 

Ā 

The "Best" thing that could happen was if gaga did her own label but inside Interscope, it would be her way of getting total freedom and they would just "Invest" on her. But well...Ā 

I don't think they do things in a bad way, honest. Perfect Illusion sound so good in the middle of the album, it's a fact that it just don't work at all if u listen to it as a stand alone track, but it's really impactful listening in the middle of the album (I hated the single release I won't lie but right now it's my fav uptempo song with John Wayne)

Ā 

iizwhoiiz

Well you have to remember these record labels are companies and they're in business to make money. While sometimes an artist can have their choices as lead singles that seem favorable, a record label looks at the "general public view" of that particular genre. It's all business, and unfortunately artists basically work for a company and has to do what the companies tell them to.

Now with Gaga, there have been single choices that I don't believe were right to be made. Such as Judas. Judas is an extremely catchy song with a huge chorus, created by a phenomenal producer. However, due to the way people think nowadays, that song never saw the light of day on the radio due to its name, and the wording of the song. The meaning is obviously totally different, but to some they'll see it otherwise.Ā 

takemetovenus
2 hours ago, Skrill said:

I like Soda tho.

Soda is a holy bop but not lead single material

Especially for Azealia's debut albumĀ :duck:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived