💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Interscope is weird

Impostor

Featured Posts

gagzus

If gaga truly believes what she says I hope after her contract is up she leaves and becomes indie, I hope she acts as her main income as well as attending events/gigs she can book herself or is invited to and release her music independently on her own site or even on tumblr I'm sure she'd make a LOT of money off it if she can at least get 50k purchases etc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ARTPOPSlays
9 hours ago, KleinGa said:

If she leaves Interscope, she's officially over

But why? She's already established, people know who Lady Gaga is. I think she could do great! :D

6 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Gaga needs to get the **** outta there 

1. I think her contract is up....

2. Just imagine if she controlled everything I'm sure the drive of broken promises wouldn't be there lol

3. We'd get slaysuals for days 

4. Then she would need the original Haus or add minor adjustments to the current one:poot:

5. If Gaga has the right team and stuff she could slay as and indie artist( don't you dare @ me) 

6. seriously look at chance the rapper :trollga:

7. Or she could find a better label that would literally give her more freedom tbh she could even create a label with M.I.A:poot:

there's  million reasons for her to stay in the label but she needs one to get the **** outta that bitch. ( They're criminals in suits :diane:)(but after hearing all this i still wanna be signed and stuff:diane:) @BorisIsHere get TF outta there girl :diane:

who's Boris?

Delusional Aura
10 hours ago, lifeasgeorge said:

I want her to go to Capitol or Republic :duck:

I don't think she would though. Mainly because it's interscope that sort of gave her a career. She's loyal which is sometimes a bad thing though. And, let's be honest no other record label would've let gaga released joanne. 

Azealia a rude unrealistic girl but I give her credit for breaking record deal with Interscope because she couldn't release the music she wants :golfclap:

GhettoFabulous
6 minutes ago, AURA said:

who's Boris?

Boris is gaga:lolly:  she used that username to leak aura:poot: well she allegedly  leaked aura

Luke78619
16 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Her next album will be her last as interscope classify TFM as an EP or rerelease so to them this is her 4th studio album. 

What about C2C? 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

gagzus
Just now, monster78619 said:

What about C2C? 

I believe they don't class that either, I believe they only class solo studio albums and C2C is more or less largely considered Tony's album I believe 

gagzus
12 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

I don't think she would though. Mainly because it's interscope that sort of gave her a career. She's loyal which is sometimes a bad thing though. And, let's be honest no other record label would've let gaga released joanne. 

I think you mean no other label would've let her release any of her albums tbh The Fame wasn't R&B in a time of R&B music, TFM would've been too loud and industrial, Born This Way would've been too gay and too 80s influenced, ARTPOP was too EDM they'd have made her change it to more Dance lite Pop ala Pound The Alarm, Joanne wasn't contemporary R&B or House when that's the current trend as well.

chromaticainmyhead

When Gaga's contract with Interscope is finished she really should consider founding her own label. She undoubtedly has the contacts within the business to pursue that. It may limit her initially in a way that Interscope's people are no longer available to work with her but for real, it would be the best for her artistic vision and independence in the long run. 
And furthermore I wouldn't mind to be brutally honest if Gaga decides to quit releasing her own music for a certain period of time to focus on her private life, that she stays out of the spotlight while she also works on signing young artists to her label. 
Of course, this is all speculation but we've seen her stating her opinion about her privacy and how happy she is when she talks about her future family plans. It would be a great compromiss I believe for her and for us as Gaga's fans when we get to listen to new, fresh artists and we know that these are 100% supported by Gaga. At least to me the fact that those artists would be signed under Gaga's label would be enough to give it a try and listen to them. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

She's part of the music business and she does have to listen to her record label, I think she feels comfortable in Interscope but I wouldn't mind her creating her own record label as long as she hired the right people. I'm not sure if she has the best business head on her and she needs people helping her with that side of things

I wish the Haus would become an official business, like Parkwood Entertainment but instead of just films/music videos it would focus on fashion, tours and art as well 

lordmaler
11 hours ago, KleinKnight said:

So it seems like the Interscope people don't really care about the artist's opinion. They just want a hit and they will change the entire course of the album to make a hit. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong, but put yourself into their position and think as bussinesman. Would you invest a lot of money into something and not get it back. Would you tolerate that loss?

And let's face it, both albums you mentioned underperformed and they were right, there's no hit single there that would return their invested money.

Katie14
13 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Exactly, people seem to forget the music business is a business at the end of the day, if it doesn't make money it doesn't work for them, that's the main reason why there are indie artists so they can have the full creative control of their work, we should be "grateful" Gaga has more control than the average pop star 

I don't understand how people are surprised or shocked by this. It definitely sucks that artists have to compromise their vision and change their sound to appease their label, but the goal at the end of the day is for the label to make a profit. That's why labels exist in the first place. They need their artists to put out work that is likely to be successful. In return the artist will make a profit and they will provide them with the reach to make their work well known. 

If artists don't want to play that game, they don't have to be signed. I understand its probably really difficult to make money as an indie artist. A lot of people probably don't have a choice. But for someone like Gaga who already has enough money to live the rest of her life and is an established name, she could easily just "quit" and do her own thing. 

And how many regular civilians get to have creative control in their jobs? Having a job means doing things that you don't necessarily want to do. You do it for the good of the company you are working for and to make a profit for yourself. Hopefully the job you have is enjoyable, provides you with some satisfaction, and is in line with your own morals. Then people have their hobbies that they work on during their own time where they have complete control because nobody is depending on whatever they are working on to make a profit. 

I do feel for these artists but then I think about how 90% (probably more) of the world doesn't even get a sliver of opportunity to have any type of creative control over their careers. We all have visions, perspectives, dreams, its not just the "artists".

AyaKara

Don't forget that Gaga said she was considering making her own music label after her contract was up. It was a video interview around the ARTPOP era, I just unfortunately can't remember what it was titled to find it.

So, with all Gaga talks about with unhinged creativity and being one's true self, she'd be the one to start a label where people can do whatever they want. I'm interested to see if it happens -- it would be an interesting shift for the world of mainstream music.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived