đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

BloodyJudas
5 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I feel like most of them wouldn't mesh very well with her in the studio, because she's really into creating art, and she can be somewhat stubborn. Most musicians these days are just here for the paycheck and their reputation.

Would it help her career? Yes.

But I'm not sure she would even finish a studio session with a lot of these artists, unless they could get as deep into the music as she does.

She's spoken about how careful she is about collaborating, and how she had to really mesh with Florence and loved that she was just as passionate about creating meaningful art. And she's scrapped sessions before because they weren't working out... see: collaborations with Azaelia Banks and Cher...

Realistically she would probably struggle to work with them, feel like a sell out for not writing music that means anything to her, and scrap the sessions entirely. And then all the fans from both sides would get suuuuuuper pissed off at her and attack her for it because they'd been teased about a collab. And we don't need any more meltdowns...

And how did the collaboration between her and R Kelly come about??? Did they work together in the studio ??? As far as I am concerned, they did not meet to come up with the lyrics. If that is true, her statements about only creating music when both sides are 100% involved would be irrelevant.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ew I AM going to be that guy and say she IS too good to work with them.

I don't mind when she works with legends because its meant to be an honor. In many ways when the legends allow her to work with them they're giving her a nod of approval to her own potential legend status herself. Most of the popular 'now' artists wont have the staying power that Gaga will, they don't have nods of approval from established legends. Its about respect of talent and a respect for long lasting fame. 
Also I don't want any of her songs to be altered.

In regards to Hey Girl, I actually have a lot of respect for Florence Welch as an artist, but that song wasn't amazing. 

Helxig
1 hour ago, BloodyJudas said:

And how did the collaboration between her and R Kelly come about??? Did they work together in the studio ??? As far as I am concerned, they did not meet to come up with the lyrics. If that is true, her statements about only creating music when both sides are 100% involved would be irrelevant.

She does seem a bit hit and miss with collabs... The way I see it is that is has to be on her terms. With DWUW she was writing an R&B song, and she wanted to get R Kelly involved. She asked him, he said yes, he wrote his piece, she checked over it and approved. I think she said he was walking around the studios and she approached him and it just worked out. I dunno... the way she described it sounded like she was fangirling :laughga: 

Also though, regarding the Cher collab, she said that she didn't like it because they weren't in the same room together. She said that if she collabs with people they need to be in the room together, she wants to know what music they're currently making, where they are in their lives at the time, how they are feeling, what they want to write about, and it has to happen organically rather than sending snippets via email. And this is the same for her Florence collab where she said they met up first as friends, got to know each other, sat down and started writing together, cried together, and threw ideas back and fourth.

I guess ARTPOP era was really weird and experimental and collaborative? She's called it her "most immature album". I dunno.

I guess it could happen then! She could easily change her mind for the right artist :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Aqua Mars

Last thing I heard from her about releasing bops was "You all want a new Bad Romance? I'll give it to you". Is she really that desperate to ask newbies to collab in the first place? I wouldn't be surprised if they refused or used the song as a filler and not as a single. 

i was just talking with my bf the other day about how ANNOYED i am with Gaga not collaborating with anyone famous at the moment while the other artists collaborate with each other like crazy. Beyonce had Shakira, Nicki, The Weeknd; Nicki had RIHANNA, ARIANA and God knows how many. Anyways, the point is that i'm tired of not getting the fun music that i want. Enough with the personal stuff after this album please. If she really were above every contemporary artist, i would've understood. But she's in the same category as everyone else and she's just a brat

Archived