💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The photobook I made to celebrate Gaga's first AHS role.

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I started making this photobook back when the first photos of Gaga for "AHS: Hotel" were published by Entertainment Weekly in 2015 and, since then, I collected every official photo, poster and still of The Countess until I was sure I had them all (although a few were released after I finished the book :neyde:)

Spoiler

I edited all the pages but I didn't make all the frames: some of them were found on google and other ones were made by me using as a reference the actual frames used in the Entertainment Weekly article.

KinneyUnderYou

This is so beautiful. "Tear You Apart" in the background reminding me how her character blew me away. I love The Countess so much. :giveup: I applaud your dedication to craft this photobook. It looks official! :applause:

Haroon

Omg this is amazing :worship2: The dedication that must've gone into keeping on top of it all and getting it all as well :omg: 

If you ever decide to sell them then I'll gladly purchase a copy :giveup: 

Panchecco
2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

If you ever decide to sell them then I'll gladly purchase a copy :giveup: 

I wanted to so bad.... but I was afraid to get into trouble by selling copyrighted material:gum:

I also wanted to make another one (or several new ones) containing highlights from every Gaga's Era.. for example a "The Fame Photobook" with all the official shots used to promote the album and photos from the most iconic performances or the most iconic looks + stills/photoshoots from the videos/tour.

BUT doing those books costs me not only money but a lot of time and in the end it wouldn't even be worth it since I can't sell them and get the money back :saladga:

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, Panchecco said:

I wanted to so bad.... but I was afraid to get into trouble by selling copyrighted material:gum:

I also wanted to make another one (or several new ones) containing highlights from every Gaga's Era.. for example a "The Fame Photobook" with all the official shots used to promote the album and photos from the most iconic performances or the most iconic looks + stills/photoshoots from the videos/tour.

BUT doing those books costs me not only money but a lot of time and in the end it wouldn't even be worth it since I can't sell them and get the money back :saladga:

If you figure a way out to sell your work, please inform me, because I would happily purchase a photobook. Your work is very professional and I am so impressed you have no idea! :applause:

IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING OMG :firega::firega::firega:

Seriously, congratulations on the greeeaaat job, I'd totally buy it (if I had the money :emma:)

Panchecco
1 minute ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

If you figure a way out to sell your work, please inform me, because I would happily purchase a photobook. Your work is very professional and I am so impressed you have no idea! :applause:

omg you're so nice I can't even

giphy.gif

Haroon
1 minute ago, Panchecco said:

Ah yes that's true, I didn't think about copyright and all of that stuff :omg: 

Oh wow books like that would be mindblowing, it'd be like individual time capsules of each era :giveup: I guess it comes down to how much you want them and if you're willing to part with the money for them :shrug: 

The video shows it off amazingly though, it's like a magazine just full of one small part of Gaga's multifaceted career :flutter: 

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, Panchecco said:

omg you're so nice I can't even

giphy.gif

I'm just stating facts. Your work is truly professional and beautiful. :giveup:

Panchecco
24 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I guess it comes down to how much you want them and if you're willing to part with the money for them :shrug: 

don't get me wrong.. I honestly loved doing this one and I would love to do more but I finished school this year and as for now I'm still trying to find a job so I have zero money and I can't keep spending my parents money for this type of things or I'll feel bed for the rest of my life :toofunny:

I thought that maybe I could make one or two next year and give them away for free as gifts (?).. by doing that I feel like I still have something back... making someone happy with something I made would make me happier/more confident about my work.... but still:

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

Let me just start by saying that the book looks incredible!!!! I love it! I never thought of that, but now I want one too! :giveup:

Secondly, I think you might be able to sell it, becuase you manipulated and edited the original pictures thus this became your piece of work, I might be mistake though...Theres an article about it here but Im not sure if your work qualifies then: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/2014/12/22/much-photo-need-alter-avoid-copyright-infringement-hint-cheshire-cat/ Also let me check with my friend she works in photography and makes websites she might know something about it :) 

Thirdly, oh my god Id love to see other photobooks!!! If you would consider working with someone maybe we could make more of these in shorter time, I would love to try and do one, maybe we can help each other out :) 

VOLANTIS

This looks so incredible. You're definitely a pro and bursting with creativity. :excited2:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Panchecco
18 minutes ago, Patella said:

I think you might be able to sell it, becuase you manipulated and edited the original pictures thus this became your piece of work

Well I don't think that my book counts because if you think about if I just put frames/removed backgrounds from the pictures... I didn't apply any major effects (I might have retouched the darks to make them pop but that's it) so I don't think this might be the case...

Also let me check with my friend she works in photography and makes websites she might know something about it

Uh yes that would be cool... I actually remember finding other articles that implied that a photobook like mine required the approval of the photographer + buying the rights from FX (so thats why I was scared of selling it :gum:) but if your friends knows something I would like to hear from her...

If you would consider working with someone maybe we could make more of these in shorter time, I would love to try and do one, maybe we can help each other out :)

That would be so cool! :excited2:btw If you're interested I used THIS site... It's an italian site that lets you make your own photobooks/wedding album/magazine etc... you basically select what type of book you want + what material you want the cover to be made of and you edit your book uploading your photos... when you're done you buy it and they print it and send it to your home (I think they ship outside Italy but you should check it out because I might be wrong) ...

Archived