giphy.gif

LittleMichael

US weekly sales estimates on iTunes by Kworb

Million Reasons 9k (-20%)

So...

9+12+12+18+20+36+42+17+17+6+15+43+43+15+28+11=344k

Gold certification, we're coming :gaycat:

On 1/16/2017 at 2:30 PM, Bloody said:

Αmazing numbers, she was such a force in UK. Sad that Joanne is struggling for the 1/10 of these sales there, but I guess times have changed.

One thing I do not worry much about her tragic UK salesis that they are an easy market to win back. She just needs a few bops. It's the US that is a true problem...

On 1/16/2017 at 3:58 PM, nattuggla said:

Great. I know that the older (middle-aged) demographic usually buy physical albums so SB is the perfect place to promote Joanne and I have no doubt that she could sell the album like hot cakes.... Looking forward to this thread after SB! It will be ORGASMIC for my eyes!

Don't expect to much in terms of sales from the Superbowl effect. We can get nice streaming boosts though (which  at this point is way more important).

On 1/16/2017 at 4:46 PM, NickARTPOP said:

Performers get banners and discounts so the boost begins early btw

The album will go top 5 after the Super Bowl but not #1, Big Sean is releasing and his debut will be too big

the boosts happening now for the album! I'm glad it is charting high again!

18 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

I don't care what anyone says, I completely blame the MR video's poor performance on fans. If some of this fanbase had treated MR like they did PI and put it on repeat/liked it/shared it everywhere, it could have charted higher on trending and gotten way more views first day and in the long run. Fans find it disappointing, but the gp just sees it as an average video.

why not just wish that Gaga can make a better mv next time? It is up to us to help but we can only do so much. We cannot remove all blame from her for everything. 

6 hours ago, LauraOh said:

6bf7ff1c3db04161a1d2b14076f14670.png
Can't believe they have a banner... I don't understand why artist like Gaga have to struggle so much right now to get into TTH playlist

they look like they smell bad

5 hours ago, Biotic said:

We'll soon become like Britney and madge fans waiting for Gaga to smash but the sad truth is that the younger generation (those who drive hits) just aren't into her. :emma:

At least that's how I fell. Imo if MR can't be a hit then what more can she do? 

I know. It seems it is already happening. I do not not see Gaga having hits anymore either but honestly who cares.

If someone is stanning for hits they need to leave now because Gaga is not that artist anymore.

5 hours ago, LittleMichael said:

I don't think Joanne has songs that can actually smash... it's a introspective album, quite mature, but not so catchy for teenagers. It's like Cheek to Cheek: a good experiment to demonstrate that Gaga is not only meat dress and scandals, but she's a great singer and an eclectic artist :trollga:

I'm sure Gaga will be able to create new hits in the future. trust me :v:

Please be realistic. Gagais not getting hits.

Her next pop album will be 2019/2020 and will she deliver hit style music? (probably not).

also she will be older...34. If radio does not play her now imagine at that age (radio is very ageist).

She also lost a lot of heat and popularity and the young people will move on.

She has become our artist and not the GPs anymore..like a little treasure and I like that lol

alp0707
9 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

One thing I do not worry much about her tragic UK salesis that they are an easy market to win back. She just needs a few bops. It's the US that is a true problem...

Don't expect to much in terms of sales from the Superbowl effect. We can get nice streaming boosts though (which  at this point is way more important).

the boosts happening now for the album! I'm glad it is charting high again!

why not just wish that Gaga can make a better mv next time? It is up to us to help but we can only do so much. We cannot remove all blame from her for everything. 

they look like they smell bad

I know. It seems it is already happening. I do not not see Gaga having hits anymore either but honestly who cares.

If someone is stanning for hits they need to leave now because Gaga is not that artist anymore.

Her next pop album will be 2019/2020 and will she deliver hit style music? (probably not).

also she will be older...34. If radio does not play her now imagine at that age (radio is very ageist).

She has become our artist and not the GPs anymore..like a little treasure and I like that lol

Hit musics mean more money for her record label and more money means bigger tour better videos and performances.

Do you want a Kesha sized tour from her

LittleMichael
3 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

I'm realistic actually... music industry isn't predictable and it's crazy... we don't know how the system will work in 10 years...

Cher was 52 when she sang "Believe" (10 million singles sold)

Elton John was 50 when he sang "Candle in the Wind" (33 million singles sold)

Los del Rio were 48 when they sang "Macarena" (10 million singles sold)

Susan Boyle was 47 when she recorded the best-selling album of 2010

C'mon, it's not too late... Gaga, Britney or Madonna could have success in the future, that's not IMPOSSIBILE... unlikely, but not impossible...

4 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

Hit musics mean more money for her record label and more money means bigger tour better videos and performances.

Do you want a Kesha sized tour from her

I know she needs singles success but I am realistic. It will not happen anymore. So why keep dreaming about something that will not happen and instead just enjoy what we have now? a talented popstar with album success but no hit making power anymore. Hits are not so important to her so they should not be so important to us anymore either.

Just now, LittleMichael said:

I'm realistic actually... music industry isn't predictable and it's crazy... we don't know how the system will work in 10 years...

Cher was 52 when she sang "Believe" (10 million singles sold)

Elton John was 50 when he sang "Candle in the Wind" (33 million singles sold)

Los del Rio were 48 when they sang "Macarena" (10 million singles sold)

Susan Boyle was 47 when she recorded the best-selling album of 2010

C'mon, it's not too late... Gaga, Britney or Madonna could have success in the future, that's not IMPOSSIBILE... unlikely, but not impossible...

It is impossible now a days. Artists like Cher, Elton having hits when they are older are extremely rare occasions and do not happen as much anymore. 

It is better to not dream about hit singles andj ust enjoy her current smaller success the way it is. Dreaming about something that will not happen is not good because some ppl I see here expect so much and then they meltdown when the things THEY wanted do not happen. you know what I mean?

JustAnotherDay
3 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

I know she needs success but I am realistic. It will not happen anymore. So why keep dreaming about something that will not happen and instead just enjoy what we have now? a talented popstar with album success but no hit making power anymore. Hits are not so important to her so they should not be so important to us anymore either.

She is successful, stans place too much importantance on singles. Gaga has album success, which will make her more money than a hit single, touring success, which is important for a long career, and critical success, which is important for an artists image.

was NickARTPOP

JustAnotherDay

Gaga is much more successful than Britney and Madonna right now, comparing them is laughable 

was NickARTPOP

2 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

She is successful, stans place too much importantance on singles. Gaga has album success, which will make her more money than a hit single, touring success, which is important for a long career, and critical success, which is important for an artists image.

That is what I'm saying. She is successful album wise. Not singles wise. People need to stop dreaming about her getting hits, It is not important to her so people should not dream about it.

sure hit songs are what attracts young demographic but it does not matter because she has a strong core fanbase and older demographic who enjoy buying her album

JustAnotherDay
Just now, Albertodift said:

That is what I'm saying. She is successful album wise. Not singles wise. People need to stop dreaming about her getting hits, It is not important to her so people should not dream about it.

She made a pop-rock album, of course it'll be hard to get hits this era. But don't write off the rest of her career, that is ridiculous 

was NickARTPOP

LittleMichael
Just now, Albertodift said:

It is impossible now a days. Artists like Cher, Elton having hits when they are older are extremely rare occasions and do not happen as much anymore. 

It is better to not dream about hit singles andj ust enjoy her current smaller success the way it is. Dreaming about something that will not happen is not good because some ppl I see here expect so much and then they meltdown when the things THEY wanted do not happen. you know what I mean?

I know what you mean and I love Gaga's songs and I enjoy her music, but I like seeing that the world is appreciating her albums too... for this reason I follow charts and stats and I've learnt that nothing is impossible, believe me... :derpga: I don't demand a great success, but I think Gaga can create other top 20 songs and can be appreciated for her talent with the time :sis:

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived