Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Lady Gaga to still go ahead with her Jakarta concert

DORd

Featured Posts

gagaismywhore

100% agreed. I think it's probably intimidation and that makes the whole situation more frightening than when the threats started. Privately hired security can't do as much as police forces from the area can. So the security situation will never be optimal if she were to go (except maybe if she receives military assistence like oom.chianti said was a possibility), which is something Gaga desperately needs after continuously receiving these kinds of threats.

Couldn't agree more :golfclap: If the concert is gonna happen, I hope the military step in. It would put my mind at rest a bit more.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SomethingMore

Still nothing official? Yes-No-Yes-No-Yes-No and now we are at Yes. -.-

StrawberryBlond

Govt asks National Police to reconsider Gaga concert

The government has asked the National Police to look again at the ongoing controversy over US singer Lady Gaga’s planned concert in Jakarta, a senior minister says.

Coordinating Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Minister Djoko Suyanto said on Sunday that the government had asked National Police chief Gen. Timur Pradopo to end the dispute over Gaga’s concert by providing a “win-win solution†for both parties.

“The Police could put an end to the heated situation by mediating between the concert promoter and the protesters so that the show can go on under certain terms and conditions,†he told The Jakarta Post.

Gaga, was slated to perform at Bung Karno Stadium in Senayan, Central Jakarta on June 3. However the Jakarta Police said that they would recommend the National Police not to issue a permit for the performance.

Article 15 of the 2002 Police Law stipulates that it is the National Police who have the authority "to issue a permit for, and monitor activities, involving crowds".

The artist, known for her racy persona and costumes, has sparked protests from hard-line groups in the country.

Commenting on this, Djoko, a former military chief, said that the National Police could seek a compromise from the local promoter, Big Daddy Entertainment, for a compromise whereby Gaga’s management was asked to tone down her “Unusual appearance†while performing in the capital.

“Her costumes, dance choreography, dancers and songs must fit in with our current social conditions, the terms and conditions must be set out in a written agreement,†he said.

Separately, the National Police’s Brig. Gen. Mohammad Taufik, was quoted by tempo.co as saying that his office would study all the requirements that the promoter had to meet to hold the concert in Jakarta.

He added that, aside from a recommendation from the Jakarta authorities, other requirements needed to hold a concert included an authorization from the Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry.

“Other requirements include a concert permit from the Bung Karno Stadium office and a license from the Immigration Office for the foreign artist to come to Indonesia,†he said.

http://www.thejakart...ga-concert.html

Wow. That sounds promising. No doubt, they had palpitations when they saw how much she grossed in the rest of Asia and realised the money they'd be missing out on. The government is probably considering all the tourism and press it will miss out as well as what a bad light would be shone on the country for disallowing a Westerner to perform. I'm sure the Indonesian fans won't mind if some songs have to be cut or she's dressed more conservatively than usual. They'll just want to see her perform.

Still nothing official? Yes-No-Yes-No-Yes-No and now we are at Yes. -.-

this, lol :laughga:

Jjang

Worried for her safety :ohno: .

EDIT: She will be making a whole bunch of money out of this concert tho :party:

DirtyPonyRebel

tumblr_ljnnylxp9J1qcdacj.gif'

lets hope nothing goes wrong. kinda scared for her. :sad:

thefamebitch

Worried for her safety :ohno: .

EDIT: She will be making a whole bunch of money out of this concert tho :party:

Money won't mean a thing if she's dead.

If the police do their job she will be fine. Her life is threatened everywhere she goes, not just Indonesia.

About the money...I think she will get the money regardless if she performns or not. I think its the promotioin company that is gonna lose all of their money when refunding.

I wonder if people can sue the gov for this. Like...if they booked a flight to see the concert, the concert was cancelled, but they already paid for the flight.

RAMROD

I wonder if people can sue the gov for this. Like...if they booked a flight to see the concert, the concert was cancelled, but they already paid for the flight.

I'd sue them big time tbh. Flying for this show from L.A isn't actually cheap :hehe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived