💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga: I want this to be about my life and not just visuals @MillionReasons

Noah X

Featured Posts

I guess the unique situation Gaga is in as a creative is that she has perhaps too much freedom (hear me out).

If you work as a designer, a writer, a director, a stylist – whatever industry you work in, you will have several people to answer to, even colleagues who will tell you if your work is up to scratch or not. I'm a graphic designer - if I were to produce work that wasn't good enough for my clients, or that my peers recognise as sloppy, you can bet I'd hear about it. Your success depends on the quality of your work  

Gaga, having had so much past success, is in a position where very few of the people around her would actually tell her that this video is sub-par. As well, because she's pretty much set for life in terms of money, whether this video smashes the charts or flops, she can still go on living her life as normal. 

Speaking not just as a fan, but as an artist and designer and music video enthusiast - this is far from her best work, and sadly not memorable. I do believe that Gaga genuinely thinks that she's expressing herself authentically but the problem is that expressing yourself isn't everything. You can pour your heart into a piece of work but if it isn't good enough, you have to refine it. Edit. Get advice, push it further. Make it something that people will want to watch  

This feels like a first draft. She needs to try harder *as a visual artist*. "Focusing on the music" is a BS excuse because if she was that devoted to sound as her medium this era, she wouldn't bother putting out videos or selling cute little pink hats and Joanne necklaces.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PaperIz
2 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

I don't know what she has been doing lately. I just wanted to show you can make great videos for a ballad.

Yeah but her bad boring videos far out weigh the good. Plus ththe video from Joanne are supposed to be straight forward stories, not big visuals

PaperIz
2 hours ago, Karandr said:

I guess the unique situation Gaga is in as a creative is that she has perhaps too much freedom (hear me out).

If you work as a designer, a writer, a director, a stylist – whatever industry you work in, you will have several people to answer to, even colleagues who will tell you if your work is up to scratch or not. I'm a graphic designer - if I were to produce work that wasn't good enough for my clients, or that my peers recognise as sloppy, you can bet I'd hear about it. Your success depends on the quality of your work  

Gaga, having had so much past success, is in a position where very few of the people around her would actually tell her that this video is sub-par. As well, because she's pretty much set for life in terms of money, whether this video smashes the charts or flops, she can still go on living her life as normal. 

Speaking not just as a fan, but as an artist and designer and music video enthusiast - this is far from her best work, and sadly not memorable. I do believe that Gaga genuinely thinks that she's expressing herself authentically but the problem is that expressing yourself isn't everything. You can pour your heart into a piece of work but if it isn't good enough, you have to refine it. Edit. Get advice, push it further. Make it something that people will want to watch  

This feels like a first draft. She needs to try harder *as a visual artist*. "Focusing on the music" is a BS excuse because if she was that devoted to sound as her medium this era, she wouldn't bother putting out videos or selling cute little pink hats and Joanne necklaces.

I heard the same complaints about every era though. Everyone always complains she doesn't listen to people about her art and really why should she? It's HERS not ours. Also she posted thst video about wanting it to be about her story not just visuals.

Just now, PaperIz said:

I heard the same complaints about every era though. Everyone always complains she doesn't listen to people about her art and really why should she? It's HERS not ours. Also she posted thst video about wanting it to be about her story not just visuals.

Well, to put it really simply, Gaga is a commercial artist. Her job, her occupation, is to make art that people will enjoy and pay money for. I know, "music not the bling", but let's be realistic: girl's gotta eat. Furthermore, if her work isn't well received, there will be less opportunities for her to produce more work. It's in her best interests, financially and in terms of career opportunity, if as many people as possible (within reason) like her work  

Anyone with an interest in selling anything to the public would be foolish to not listen to their audience. 

Squidward T

Uh, I mean Gaga come on. To go from epic music videos like BR, Tele, Papa, MTN Ect to releasing a video that practically anyone could do with a cell phone, it looks like she is not even trying anymore. Maybe she doesn't care anymore, maybe she is tired of the fame, who knows, but I know that is the worst video she's put out since the Edge of Glory. 

3 hours ago, Karandr said:

Well, to put it really simply, Gaga is a commercial artist. Her job, her occupation, is to make art that people will enjoy and pay money for. I know, "music not the bling", but let's be realistic: girl's gotta eat. Furthermore, if her work isn't well received, there will be less opportunities for her to produce more work. It's in her best interests, financially and in terms of career opportunity, if as many people as possible (within reason) like her work  

Anyone with an interest in selling anything to the public would be foolish to not listen to their audience. 

Gaga has more than enough money to retire.  She doesn't have to be on the treadmill of doing everything to please others.  I think she will create from her heart, and do visuals that please her.  If not enough people like that, she could retire or go a different direction.  She could do broadway, jazz, acting, etc.  The best thing for her emotionally may be to stop trying to please the pop fanbase.  She is very versatile, and can do what makes her happy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

PaperIz
5 hours ago, Karandr said:

I'm sorry but her work is just fine. It's not her fault you guys are fickle and ungrateful. She's doing what she wants just like she always has and she's still making money fron it. She's not a product to be sold, she's a human being. A human being we claim to love. And also she's an artist, as an artist myself I would be crushed if someone demanded I not ever try something new. If you don't try something new, you don't grow. 

7 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

I'm sorry but her work is just fine. It's not her fault you guys are fickle and ungrateful. She's doing what she wants just like she always has and she's still making money fron it. She's not a product to be sold, she's a human being. A human being we claim to love. And also she's an artist, as an artist myself I would be crushed if someone demanded I not ever try something new. If you don't try something new, you don't grow. 

I'm more than happy for Gaga to change and grow. I just see this video as a step backwards compared to the work we've seen before. The use of footage we already saw in the Apple Music commercial makes the video seem like an afterthought. The plot and content of the video are quite bare - I know some people think it's minimal and simple but I feel like it's not refined enough to have that description, it feels more simplistic and not fleshed out fully. There's the trace of an interesting concept (backstage / personal life) but what's done with it doesn't show us much that's unexpected or revelatory. 

I'm a massive fan of Gaga and her artistry, the extra mile that she goes. This video, to me, seems to lack the extra effort and creative flair that sets Gaga aside from her contemporaries. It's not an awful video, but it's certainly not up to her usual standard. 

I feel bad that she felt she had to record this video. People can and will have their own opinions about it, but I wish her feelings were taken more into account before people decided to post online. She sees what's written about her and how her fans react, and we should all be aware of it. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Edible Cloud

She is 'obsessed' with semi-autobiographical music video...

-Marry The Night
-Do What U Want (leak version)
-G.U.Y
-Til It Happens To You
-Perfect Illusion
-Million Reasons

DeanWinchester
11 minutes ago, Edible Cloud said:

She is 'obsessed' with semi-autobiographical music video...

-Marry The Night
-Do What U Want (leak version)
-G.U.Y
-Til It Happens To You
-Perfect Illusion
-Million Reasons

well according to her only Million Reasons was truly about her story :awkney:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SummerGirl21
On 12/16/2016 at 4:59 PM, Matt Amor said:

honestly my problem isn't how it's personal but instead about how badly directed it is, how basic it is and how boring it is. 

Yeah. I don't care if there isn't any choreo or crazy outfits. The video lacks a real plot. It could have been much better and still been stripped back and simple. I'm here for that. I'm not here for seemingly lazy videos that lack clarity and seem to lack motivation. I say "seemingly" because I do think she works hard. But that did not come through at all in the MR video. 

Lord Temptation
On 18 December 2016 at 9:49 AM, Karandr said:

You sounds like a manager than an artist. Also, Joanne is some of Gaga's best work. 

Archived