Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

Gaga: I want this to be about my life and not just visuals @MillionReasons

Noah X

Featured Posts

Katie14
15 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

I get some people don't like the critisisim toward Gaga and her new era, but pretending that everything is ok with her is not. There's obviously something very wrong with her, just look at her visuals. That's not healthy creative fullfiled Gaga.  

I dont think its fair to say something is wrong with her because of what she has been putting out this era. Though there may in fact be something wrong with her...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delulu Rogers

You can still have videos about your life that are still visually pleasing gaga. And idk what she means cause every other video seems to have a much deeper, layered meaning about her life and how she was feeling at the moment than MR. 

Edonis
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Girl... Not saying "I don't like it" and moving on is completely sufficient. Y'all are doing the most because somebody you don't personally know did something you don't like.

Who is y'all? I didn't even comment about the video :toofunny:

And people won't know why someone likes something until they explain why.  Without an explanation, an opinion is insufficient. 

But I've certainly seen you in every thread regarding a meltdown so it's certain that you're searching these out. No one is asking you to read an entire thread and get upset about. I must insist, it's just pop music and just opinions of people you've never met or will ever meet. And those are the facts. Girl...

Sylvanas
4 hours ago, monstereo said:

Yeah, I'm just so over the whole "i'm a victim, and this is me rising up" narrative.

It's getting stale and boring.

Was it boring when it was about gay people? Gaga's activism has shifted focus, it's presence in her work has been integral to her artistry since Alejandro. She's focusing on fighting the stigma surrounding mental illness and sexual assault. The fact that you have the audacity to call it stale and boring when she's telling her own story.... like, girl... :wtf:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

Sylvanas
3 hours ago, Mitchey said:

I just have to say . . . 

I literally made an account because of how embarrassed I felt reading through the replies here. I've been a weekly lurker since the BEGINNING. The Fame Monster days. And I'm just like . . . how are there so many of you that don't see the story in the two videos she's made so far this album cycle. Because it's literally about how fu**ing  hard she's worked to try to bounce back FOR ALL OF US after serious emotional trauma. Being picked up in the desert and then BAM time to promote. I don't think that "re-used" footage from the iTunes commercial was laziness. I think she's telling a story about how she feels RIGHT NOW, not when she was writing the song. And what does she feel? Immense pressure from her fans to succeed and amaze with everything she touches and anything less than perfection (in their eyes) is just not good enough. I feel like I even see her thinking about this in the mirror as she gets ready to shoot the commercial. Then she gets a message from her sister and a rosary because her family is keeping her strong right now, NOT US. It's actually heartbreaking if my understanding of it is correct. I feel terrible that she might see these things some of you are posting.

/rant

It's so funny that this went over the fanbase's heads... proving the point of the video. That Gaga has given us everything, went through hell and back, and is STILL suffering from it, yet no one is grateful. 

Katie14
7 minutes ago, Sylvanas said:

Was it boring when it was about gay people? Gaga's activism has shifted focus, it's presence in her work has been integral to her artistry since Alejandro. She's focusing on fighting the stigma surrounding mental illness and sexual assault. The fact that you have the audacity to call it stale and boring when she's telling her own story.... like, girl... :wtf:

Its not boring because of the message or storyline idea. I love that she is making videos about mental illness. To me, the video didn't go deep enough to be truly revealing. Thats why is was boring. 

3 hours ago, Mitchey said:

I just have to say . . . 

I literally made an account because of how embarrassed I felt reading through the replies here. I've been a weekly lurker since the BEGINNING. The Fame Monster days. And I'm just like . . . how are there so many of you that don't see the story in the two videos she's made so far this album cycle. Because it's literally about how fu**ing  hard she's worked to try to bounce back FOR ALL OF US after serious emotional trauma. Being picked up in the desert and then BAM time to promote. I don't think that "re-used" footage from the iTunes commercial was laziness. I think she's telling a story about how she feels RIGHT NOW, not when she was writing the song. And what does she feel? Immense pressure from her fans to succeed and amaze with everything she touches and anything less than perfection (in their eyes) is just not good enough. I feel like I even see her thinking about this in the mirror as she gets ready to shoot the commercial. Then she gets a message from her sister and a rosary because her family is keeping her strong right now, NOT US. It's actually heartbreaking if my understanding of it is correct. I feel terrible that she might see these things some of you are posting.

/rant

mte. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Who is y'all? I didn't even comment about the video :toofunny:

And people won't know why someone likes something until they explain why.  Without an explanation, an opinion is insufficient. 

But I've certainly seen you in every thread regarding a meltdown so it's certain that you're searching these out. No one is asking you to read an entire thread and get upset about. I must insist, it's just pop music and just opinions of people you've never met or will ever meet. And those are the facts. Girl...

Well the tenor of your post clearly signifies that you're completely ok with people calling Gaga fake, inauthentic trash that lost her appeal and is an utter disappointment to her fans because she can't create visuals that please them, along with speculating about her mental health in inappropiate ways. That's why I included you.

You can resort to personal attacks and mock me all you want, but it's really hard to come by a thread on here that does not contain at least 20 people dragging the sh*t out of Gaga or the video. It really is just pop music, but I don't think you and the people getting so riled up about a 4:20 piece of video realize that they should take the advice they're giving out.

Sylvanas
Just now, Katie14 said:

Its not boring because of the message or storyline idea. I love that she is making videos about mental illness. To me, the video didn't go deep enough to be truly revealing. Thats why is was boring. 

Fair enough. I think it was well done and a great look into how she suffers for her art. Her trauma and PTSD still affect her to this day. In her open letter she pretty much says that her PTSD is triggered by album cycles. Promotion. It brings her right back to the pain she was in on the Born This Way Ball. I think the narrative is clear enough to be honest. The juxtaposition of her doing promo cut with her crying with her friends. It's moving and a COMPLETELY new and fresh topic of exploration from Gaga. 

Edonis
5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Well the tenor of your post clearly signifies that you're completely ok with people calling Gaga fake, inauthentic trash that lost her appeal and is an utter disappointment to her fans because she can't create visuals that please them, along with speculating about her mental health in inappropiate ways. That's why I included you.

You can resort to personal attacks and mock me all you want, but it's really hard to come by a thread on here that does not contain at least 20 people dragging the sh*t out of Gaga or the video. It really is just pop music, but I don't think you and the people getting so riled up about a 4:20 piece of video realize that they should take the advice they're giving out.

Where were there personal attacks? :emma:

Where have I implied that it's okay to call Gaga names? :emma:

There was a thread the day the video came our asking about how Gaga is reacting to everything where I carefully explained that it is not to drag her and call her names and act like a fool. Where did I say abut of that? Where has my tenor implied that? Outside of people saying the video is lazy where is anyone saying any of those slurs on this thread?

Its very clear that you're super upset and perhaps you should log off a few days. You and a few other fans are having just as bad of meltdowns about the fans who are upset and melting down about the video. Get some rest, have a good day or something. :hug:

donutellha

oMG

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Katie14
5 minutes ago, Sylvanas said:

Fair enough. I think it was well done and a great look into how she suffers for her art. Her trauma and PTSD still affect her to this day. In her open letter she pretty much says that her PTSD is triggered by album cycles. Promotion. It brings her right back to the pain she was in on the Born This Way Ball. I think the narrative is clear enough to be honest. The juxtaposition of her doing promo cut with her crying with her friends. It's moving and a COMPLETELY new and fresh topic of exploration from Gaga. 

And that's exactly why I was expecting the video to be a more poignant and devastating representation of life with PTSD. The way she was hyping it by saying that she is showing us a look into her life made me expect that.  The video isnt bad though. Its decent, just not particularly moving or memorable. 

Supersonic
Just now, Edonis said:

Where were there personal attacks? :emma:

Where have I implied that it's okay to call Gaga names? :emma:

There was a thread the day the video came our asking about how Gaga is reacting to everything where I carefully explained that it is not to drag her and call her names and act like a fool. Where did I say abut of that? Where has my tenor implied that? Outside of people saying the video is lazy where is anyone saying any of those slurs on this thread?

Its very clear that you're super upset and perhaps you should log off a few days. You and a few other fans are having just as bad of meltdowns about the fans who are upset and melting down about the video. Get some rest, have a good day or something. :hug:

You literally said I'm seeking out negativity on purpose and just condescendingly told me to log off because it's appearent I'm in meltdown mode. :emma:

Why are you trying to wind me up with passive-aggressive remarks? Have I hit a sore spot or?

DeanWinchester
5 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

this narrative has been pervasive in her work for like the entirety of her career since born this way era. the fallen victim getting back up again narrative, i mean more specifically.

it was present in:

-marry the night, all about failing only to get back up

-applause video in a way, carrying the leg to symbolize getting over her hip injury

-the ARTPOP film, most obviously..

-swine performances. portrayals of being abused but getting back up

- til it happens to you, obvious

-million reasons video, where something has gone wrong again but still she rises.:v:

either way... gaga is a mess! half of her career has been her sorting out her emotional baggage. its actually crazy i havent realized how significant the whole wronged victim getting back up again narrative is in her work. either way, million reasons video is just meh. its nice its cute. its not powerful to any sort of degree like all the previous times shes gone off about somethng like this.

I too have noticed this narrative is becoming overused in her videography

5 hours ago, Glittertinks said:

Me and my mother have talked about the MR video and her whole appearance this era and we also noticed that something might be off. But we can't force her to tell us that unfortunately (if that feeling might be true at all) :ohno:

Thinking about how many more eras are going to suffer from Gaga's emotional break downs are scaring me for real though. I fear and care for her as a person but she also needs to understand that on any profession, you can't let your weakness win and break through all the time. You gotta learn to suck it up and keep going.

It sounds insensitive, I know. That's why I usually just dont think about it too much but still

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived