• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• MattyMonster

• Jase

• Henryy

Who went down on who to get this result? Must be a very late April Fools. J-Lo's team must be pulling out all the stops to keep her so-called comeback going for as long as possible.

J-Lo's US sales vs. Gaga's.US sales

Album

J-Lo - peaked at #5. Sales of 83,100 copies in the first week. To date, has sold 318,00 copies in the US (and 1 million worldwide)

Gaga - peaked at #1. Sales of 1,108,000 copies in the first week. To date, has sold over 2 million copies in the US (and over 8 million worldwide).

Singles

J-Lo

On The Floor - peaked at #3. Sold 170,000 copies in the first week. To date, has sold 3,486,000 copies in the US (and over 4 million copies worldwide).

I'm Into You - peaked at #41. No sales information available. To date, has sold 500,000 copies in the US (and roughly 1 million worldwide).

Papi - peaked at #96. No sales information available. Has sold less than 500,000 copies worldwide.

Dance Again - peaked at #20. One off release. Sold 118,000 copies in the first week. No foreign sales available yet.

Gaga

Born This Way - peaked at #1. Sold 448,000 copies in the first week (three days, in this case). To date, has sold 3,533,000 copies in the US (and has sold over 8.2 million copies worldwide).

Judas - peaked at #10. Sold 162,000 copies in the first week. To date, has sold over 1 million copies in the US (and sold over 2 million copies worldwide).

The Edge Of Glory - peaked at #3. Sold 266,000 copies in the first week. Sold 2,440,000 copies in the US (and sold over 3 million copies worldwide).

You And I - peaked at #6. Sold 83,000 copies in its first week. To date, has sold 1,947,000 in the US (and roughly 2 million copies worldwide).

Marry The Night - #29. Sold 35,000 copies in its first week. To date, has sold 500,000 copies in the US (and over 1 million copies worldwide).

Clearly, Gaga wins. This list stinks of a fix. Jeez, I thought Tulisa winning the FHM Sexiest Woman title was bad. But this? Words fail me.

:clap:

But maybe it's b/c American idol,divorce etc. :wtf:

Tbh, she'd be the last person I'd think would even be on the list.

Where did JLo earn all of this money again? Certainly NOT through her music career :wtf:

Gaga is Life

Glad she's still in the top 5! But the #1 is slightly confusing me though.

AndreLovesU

So who was in the top 5?

1- Jennifer Lopez

2 - ?

3 - ?

4 - ?

5 - Gaga

01 - Jennifer Lopez

02 - Oprah Winfrey

03 - Justin Bieber

04 - Rihanna

05 - Lady Gaga

06 - Britney Spears

07 - Kim Kardashian

08 - Katy Perry

09 - Tom Cruise

10 - Steven Spielberg

DietCoke

Honestly, if you were to compare gaga and jlo money wise, subtracting anything BUT the album sales, gaga would win.

Jlo is probably tied with gaga money wise because she's doing SO MUCH. Gaga basically made all that money because of Born This Way, considering she has not released a clothing line, perfume, and does not judge permanantley on any tv show, as Jlo has.

Hell, Rihanna or even Bieber would be more understandable at #1.

Galactic Mess

I don't think it's rigged against Gaga, it's rigged toward JLo.

Ikr... I mean, I could understand Adele, Rihanna, oprah or even Katy being in the #1 spot... but seriously, J-Lo??? This was certainly rigged to favour her lol

The fact that Gaga earned $52 million and she spent the year promoting BTW without a tour is just ... :legend: