Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Millions of Reasons the right single?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Million Reasons is not doing very well on the charts right now. And this is mainly due to the fact that the radio is not supporting it. However, the Million Reasons era is technically still not "over" as Gaga is still performing the song on TV shows and the music video will apparently come in about 2 weeks. So do you think Million Reasons was the right second single from Joanne? 

Yes. It's perfect. It deserves a video. Truly the masterpiece of the album, just like the 2nd single on ARTPOP. It will be one of her signature songs. People can relate to it, fans, general public, everyone. It's perfect to achieve what she wanted to achieve. 

Sherlock112

I'm just waiting for the MUSIC VIDEO WITH "THAT TWIst"  hoping for a highly choreographed million reasons video... So that it can perform well commercially

CHROMATICA BOUGHT ME BACK!

Not The Real Gaga

Yes and No

Yes; it is a really wonderful song, her live performances of the song are absolutely amazing

No; it doesn't seem to attract the GP, not enough (& good enough) promo, music video is too late to save it, I'm afraid

:saladga:

3 minutes ago, Miley said:

Yes. It's perfect. It deserves a video. Truly the masterpiece of the album, just like the 2nd single on ARTPOP. It will be one of her signature songs. People can relate to it, fans, general public, everyone. It's perfect to achieve what she wanted to achieve. 

Unfortunately radio stations don't seem to agree with you. 

Just now, Unites said:

Yes and No

Yes; it is a really wonderful song, her live performances of the song are absolutely amazing

No; it doesn't seem to attract the GP, not enough (& good enough) promo, music video is too late to save it, I'm afraid

:saladga:

I think the song is not exposed enough by the radio, for the GP to start even liking. When she performed it at big shows or carpool Kareoke, the song rose very quickly on iTunes. 

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Unfortunately radio stations don't seem to agree with you. 

Who said anything about radio? I didn't mention them for that reason. Radio doesn't need to define a song, people can. 

Just now, Miley said:

Who said anything about radio? I didn't mention them for that reason. Radio doesn't need to define a song, people can. 

Most songs that become hits are hits because the radio keeps playing them. 

No

Gaga and her team will never learn not to get over excited when they see a PROMO SINGLE performing decently

Antonio

Honestly John Wayne would've made a better single, but Million Reasons is FAR better :unicorn:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Aga Gydal

People need to really stop playing manager. 75% of this forum were berating her team about ditching AYO for this song - hell there were even petitions. You don't understand the market or what makes for a successful single. Your only job is to listen to music and, if you'd like to, support your favorite artist by purchasing their material. 

As for whether this was the right or wrong choice, it's been obvious since Lady Gaga said these words herself that this album is not trendy or in sync with the flavor of the month. It's an unplugged classic rock collection. Million Reasons is performing about as well as one should expect from a song that has nothing to do with what's hot right now. Even Gaga understands this. I dunno, maybe AYO will somehow strike gold but that's not the point. Joanne is Gaga's 4 era. It's a throwback album that's meant to flesh out her talents and refocus on music, not attack the charts or create memes. There's always the opportunity for her to get a number one again, whenever she wants that. She's still the big superstar that she is until then. 

So I say stop sweating it, and align your expectations with the Lady who decided to go small for once instead of trying to go bigger and eliciting more groans from the world. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more, trust me.

The Child
21 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

Joanne is Gaga's 4 era.

So her next 2 albums are self titled & Lemonade? :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived