Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

Interscope to release Gaga greatest Hit Album with 2 new tracks on Feb 2017

MessyTop

Featured Posts

JustAnotherDay
1 hour ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

for regular artists but with Gaga, The Fame have something that always make it have the biggest boost when Gaga has a moment

That won't happen, The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) will have the biggest boost for her other albums but Joanne will undoubtedly return to the top 5

was NickARTPOP

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZombieMirror
5 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

Madonna released a greatest hits album after four albums, Britney released one after four albums, Mariah released one after five albums, Janet released one after 3 (5 if you count her first two albums but those are irrelevant by any standard; Janet truly doesn't become Janet until Contol)... like I don't know where you're getting you're information that you at least 7 or 8 albums to get a greatest hits album my friend :madge:

As for the topic, I just hope if Gaga releases one, it doesn't end up being called Greatest Hits; give ha a name, give ha a title, give ha some standalone success :madge:

all these singers were in one of their peak to be honest (Janet after janet. that sold 20 mil .Madonna after Like a Prayer 15 mil ,Britney after in the zone 10 mil  , Mariah after a moderate successful wise album Butterfly 4 mil  ) . And all of them released this kind of album after a break of 8-12 months (Janet after 2.5 yrs break -may 93'- oct 95') not immediately after an album like Joanne in late oct and they release the EP in February :gum:

xoxo cupcakke
Just now, ZombieMirror said:

all these singers were in one of their peak to be honest (Janet after janet. that sold 20 mil .Madonna after Like a Prayer 15 mil ,Britney after in the zone 10 mil  , Mariah after a moderate successful wise album Butterfly 4 mil  ) . And all of them released this kind of album after a break of 8-12 months (Janet after 2.5 yrs break -may 93'- oct 95') not immediately after an album like Joanne in late oct and they release the EP in February :gum:

I mean... while that may be true, if we're going by peaks, Gaga should've released a greatest hits album after The Fame Monster or Born This Way :green:

Let's not lie to ourselves, henny, Gaga is going through a dry spell. ARTPOP was a flop by Gaga standards at the time, but Joanne is relatively stable and less volatile of an era than ARTPOP was. However, that is not to say that Joanne, or more so her singles, couldn't be doing better. Depending on Gaga's contract, a greatest hits album might be what she need to be done with her contract and look for better prospects elsewhere as someone else posted earlier. A lot of musicians do it when they want out of a contract or there careers are stagnating

It's nothing to get defensive about and nothing to validate Gaga or invalidate a greatest hits released. Gaga is my overall fave, but even I can admit she's not as great as she once was and she may never be that great again. I'm living for Gaga and what she creates, says, or does. Sure, chart success is a perk, but it's not the main reason I love Gaga so much and why I'm not melting down over Joanne's lackluster success. I'm just being real here

ZombieMirror
2 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

I mean... while that may be true, if we're going by peaks, Gaga should've released a greatest hits album after The Fame Monster or Born This Way :green:

Let's not lie to ourselves, henny, Gaga is going through a dry spell. ARTPOP was a flop by Gaga standards at the time, but Joanne is relatively stable and less volatile of an era than ARTPOP was. However, that is not to say that Joanne, or more so her singles, couldn't be doing better. Depending on Gaga's contract, a greatest hits album might be what she need to be done with her contract and look for better prospects elsewhere as someone else posted earlier. A lot of musicians do it when they want out of a contract or there careers are stagnating

It's nothing to get defensive about and nothing to validate Gaga or invalidate a greatest hits released. Gaga is my overall fave, but even I can admit she's not as great as she once was and she may never be that great again. I'm living for Gaga and what she creates, says, or does. Sure, chart success is a perk, but it's not the main reason I love Gaga so much and why I'm not melting down over Joanne's lackluster success. I'm just being real here

yes you are right she should have released one after BTW tour because she broke her hip and she should have release it then  because the streaming platforms were at begging and could have been the perfect opportunity to introduce her old work  into a new platform or after ARTPOP cause after that she kind of leave the mainstream stage and gone low-key .I may have  exaggerated with 7-8 albums because I had other idea in my  head of what- Greatest Hits Albums -means carrier  wise. 

this is just another thing for fans to believe without any evidence so they can then have a meltdown and whine about gaga not doing what they want when it turns out not to be true.

17 hours ago, GAGA1972 said:

That would make me very happy but who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe they'll be GP friendly pop songs to revive Joanne. Diane is a very pop friendly writer despite TIHTY not being poppy. And she was in the studio with her recently! 

god, you people still don't get it, do you? no matter how many times she has to say or imply or it, or how many times it has to be explained to you, you refuse to let go of the past and move on. she is not going into the studio to create "gp friendly" music ever again. she is going into the studio to do what she wants, which may or may not result in "gp friendly" music. let. it. go.

3 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Your poor attempt of a "shade" didn't even work cause you forgot Bad Romance.

My "poor" attempt of a "shade" which wasn't even meant to be so was trying to point out that she has only three number one singles. Carry on.

it wasn't laaaahv

xoxo cupcakke
1 hour ago, ZombieMirror said:

yes you are right she should have released one after BTW tour because she broke her hip and she should have release it then  because the streaming platforms were at begging and could have been the perfect opportunity to introduce her old work  into a new platform or after ARTPOP cause after that she kind of leave the mainstream stage and gone low-key .I may have  exaggerated with 7-8 albums because I had other idea in my  head of what- Greatest Hits Albums -means carrier  wise. 

For one, I really hope you did not just highlight the fact that I wrote there instead of their because friend, if you're calling out my grammar mistakes, you're in for one heck of a ride

If not, you shouldn't spend your time thinking about what Gaga should've done with her career. Instead, appreciate everything that she is doing right now. What's past is past and there's nothing you can do to change that. I know this is gonna come across as harsh, but just stop trying to find ways for Gaga to reach the peak that she once had or expect for her to reach that peak ever again. Enjoy her for what she is and for what she is doing in the now. Appreciate each moment that she let's her fans get a glimpse of and respect that she is a human that has to remain emotionally, mentally, and physically healthy and that all these expectations add on to the stress that she already has for promoting an album that many of her fans are hating on saying how she should've went in an entirely different direction that is more "GP friendly"

Know that Gaga can only do so much fan service and that she's compromising a lot of herself for both her label and the fans. There is more Gaga in Joanne then there ever has been in any of the albums she has released thus far (minus Dancin in Circles which is most definitely a song that was made for sale), and a lot of her Monsters are not realizing this. Attacking Joanne, expecting Joanne to have higher sales, or expecting its singles to break records is almost like attacking and expecting so much of Gaga herself. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if she just up and left the Gaga persona and never made music again if she ends up releasing a greatest hits album to get out of her contract. I know I would if I'm expected to achieve all of this success when it has been clearly shown that I'm not on top anymore and that not even radios want to play my music

Moral of the story: live for Joanne, not for The Fame, not for The Fame Monster, and not for Born This Way. Live in the moment, not for the moment because you will always be waiting for something that may never come. This is not just meant for you, it's meant for anybody who expects so much of Gaga despite all that she already has to put up with. If you think people like you would make a better popstar or a better manager, then I'd like to see you guys try

MaryJaneHolland
2 hours ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Madonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

Yes, its totally possible.

but madonna had 8 #1s by the time she released immaculate collection

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

but madonna had 8 #1s by the time she released immaculate collection

:applause:

I love Gaga and she does have a lot of good songs, but a lot of monsters here are stretching the definition of a "hit"

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

:applause:

I love Gaga and she does have a lot of good songs, but a lot of monsters here are stretching the definition of a "hit"

ikr, you cant put DWUW in the same box as bad romance or poker face :air:

MessyTop

You guys are so naive. 

The super bowl is the biggest Commerical ever! 

What they care is about world markets for Gaga and world sale she. Is a big world wide Commercial for her hits. So why not sell a hits album?

specially if she has a few new tracks in there. Is basically a money making machine for the label. Duh

I'd be here for it, especially if we get some better mixes of Born This Way and ARTPOP tracks.

It makes sense to release a compilation. It isn't like she has to promote it, I mean the Superbowl will do that for her :emma:

CakeLikeLG

tracklist would be like

1 Just Dance

2 Poker Face

3 Bad Romance

4 Telephone

5 Born This Way

6 Til It Happens To You (radio edit)

7. Til It Happens To You (acoustic)

8. Til It Happens To You (instrumental)

9. Til It Happens To You (remix)

DELUXE

10. Million Reasons (work tape)

:ladyhaha:

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

freezer bride
26 minutes ago, Mood Ring said:

My "poor" attempt of a "shade" which wasn't even meant to be so was trying to point out that she has only three number one singles. Carry on.

#1 Single =/= hit. Toxic didn't go number one, but y'all still consider it her signature song. :bye:

♥.

Archived