💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everyone Who Complains About Gaga's Politics Should See This

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

"How can you be an artist and not reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist." 

Nina Simone is incredible and her words are still true. :applause:

A true legend. And this is what Gaga is and wants.

Gaga is an artist because she pushes all her values and beliefs to the world. She doesn't have to support a particular political party or leader such as Hillary Clinton to be an artist. No matter if Trump is president, she can still communicate her values and her ideal of a world to us all because she will always have a huge voice. I think politics is a sensitive issue, so much rage was involved in this presidential campaign and I think some fans didn't want gaga to get tied up into any of the negativity and hate which was so strong at the time. So its normal for people to not want gaga to get too involved in politics when she is an artist because they are two separate things. She is not a politician, she is an entertainer however and relies on Trump voter support with Joanne especially. So her reputation is always gonna be on the line if she sides with one party.

AlexanderMagno

But how is Gaga reflecting the times in her art?

The last time she did it was with Born This Way, when LGBT rights got a major advance.

She supports Hillary Clinton and is very out-spoken about Trump's attitude and policies, but in no way she is reflecting that in her music or her performances. Joanne doesn't really have a modern sound and to be honest the nod to old sounds is very 2013. The lyrics from Joanne don't really say much about our generation. You can say she's trying to bring back family and real friendship values, but still that is a reach and still sounds as an excuse. Joanne is more of a personal project, whatever Gaga's "art" is, it's in a pause.

I agree that Gaga, as an artist and celebrity, must be involved in politics. But she's not doing it the way I think Nina is trying to explain, she's just endorsing.

Nina Simone :worship2: one of my faves

EDIT: I just want to make clear that I'm intepreting that an artist should incorporate political and social concerns in her art, and not the way Gaga or Kanye West participate in the political world.

John Slayne
9 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

The last time she did it was with Born This Way

Angel Down says hi

HOTNebraskaGuy
35 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

The last time she did it was with Born This Way, when LGBT rights got a major advance.

She supports Hillary Clinton and is very out-spoken about Trump's attitude and policies, but in no way she is reflecting that in her music or her performances. Joanne doesn't really have a modern sound and to be honest the nod to old sounds is very 2013. The lyrics from Joanne don't really say much about our generation. You can say she's trying to bring back family and real friendship values, but still that is a reach and still sounds as an excuse. Joanne is more of a personal project, whatever Gaga's "art" is, it's in a pause.

I agree that Gaga, as an artist and celebrity, must be involved in politics. But she's not doing it the way I think Nina is trying to explain, she's just endorsing.

EDIT: I just want to make clear that I'm intepreting that an artist should incorporate political and social concerns in her art, and not the way Gaga or Kanye West participate in the political world.

"The nod to old sounds is very 2013" 

tumblr_lk3cjkFMYH1qapops.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Right!  She's an artist and should be able to express her views and beliefs.  

Whatever, you'll always have fans that want to control her life because they can't control theirs. 

1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Would you rather have had her hop on the tropical house trend and the album to sound dated and irrelevant within 12 months? Her choice of music and what she is singing about don't have to be modernity, youth and 'our generation' to be reflecting the times, just look at Angel Down/Come to Mama.

The Child
6 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Joanne doesn't really have a modern sound and to be honest the nod to old sounds is very 2013. The lyrics from Joanne don't really say much about our generation. You can say she's trying to bring back family and real friendship values, but still that is a reach and still sounds as an excuse. Joanne is more of a personal project, whatever Gaga's "art" is, it's in a pause.

But this is Gaga, she's timeless, she's above & beyond time.

By making this statement, you're just proving that you don't know Gaga at all and you don't get her at all.

For example, Born This Way is such a gem compared to all the other albums from 2011, all the other albums from that year sound dated and Born This Way (its sound) stands out because it didn't hop on the EDM trend or at least it wasn't fully EDM.

When Gaga releases an album it never reflects the year it was released in because she either mixes the actual pop trend with other genres or she either sometimes follow the trend but adds her own touch (ARTPOP for example).

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

GhettoFabulous

Some of us think she's a doll we can control which is not a case she's a Human being like us and yess will be aware of what's happening unlike many others who keep quiet. It's truly disgusting how some of us are like" can she just make music no"! She's the person who faught for our rights and fought for what she believes is right! So yes I totally agree with OT 

Archived