💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About the "GP"

Oriane

Featured Posts

Oriane

I always see people on here talking about the GP and from what I read : the GP listens a lot to pop music, they don't care about Gaga because she's not on the charts and they would care again if she released a big hit, they prefer listening to Beyoncé or Taylor Swift, etc.

But the GP, if we're talking statiscally, isn't that much interested in pop music. Actually for a lot of people it's not being regarded so well if you like pop music. Maybe in middle school, sometimes in high school, yes it's usual to listen to pop, a lot of people talk about it, but when you're older, most people will just consider you have bad taste.

At the university almost all the people I talked to listened to rock and things like that, I saw a lot of guys listening to rap, a lot of people listening to electro but more underground things, not very mainstream... I met people who listened to pop but very casually, they listened in a lot of other stuff too. And they were not like huge fans of Beyoncé, Taylor, Katy etc, they knew some songs here and then.

And let's not talk about older people, aged 30+, the majority is just not interested in this.

So I don't know what you're talking about with the GP, their opinion on Gaga, what they prefer in pop music, the charts etc... Because most of them obviously don't care and they don't listen to Gaga because they think it's bad music, not because it's less mainstream or lacks promo.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

And let's not talk about older people, aged 30+, the majority is just not interested in this.

30+ barely buy music:awkney:

Computer

The GP just generally doesn't care a lot about music anymore.  Music is pretty much over.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

4 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

Because most of them obviously don't care and they don't listen to Gaga because they think it's bad music, not because it's less mainstream or lacks promo.

I don't really agree, because if you ask 100 strangers on the street "what do you think about Million Reasons by Gaga?" vs "What do you think about Bad Romance?" I'm certain more people will know BR over MR, which is a result of less mainstream vs. they don't like it.

The Fame Joanne

The GP doesn't want to be mainstream anymore. So Gaga is doing the right thing by becoming an indie artist :poot:

They want music that's easy to digest, stuff that doesn't have a lot of symbolism and that's simplified for easy consumption.

This is regardless of genre. The GP is, in general, just stupid. 

❤ x ❤

Sizzily
4 minutes ago, Computer said:

The GP just generally doesn't care a lot about music anymore.  Music is pretty much over.

This again :toofunny:

One Banned Boi

JustAnotherDay

Pop music is by far the biggest and most consumed genre worldwide, followed by Urban music. Pop music is statisticly the biggest genre.

was NickARTPOP

Sizzily
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

The GP has not taste in music whatsoever.

What would be good taste then? 

One Banned Boi

androiduser

can I just remind everyone that before Gaga appeared, all of us were GP and we're still GP for every single artist we don't stan for.

viniferrett
12 minutes ago, androiduser said:

acan I just remind everyone that before Gaga appeared, all of us were GP and we're still GP for every single artist we don't stan for.

this is confusing if you think about it 

androiduser
6 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

this is confusing if you think about it 

but that's how it is.... we can't just think that we're not part of the GP just because we like Gaga. I mean, sure, in Gaga universe we are not the GP, but in the real world all of us are GP

HOTNebraskaGuy
41 minutes ago, Computer said:

Music will never be over. Music has been a thing ever since humans were.  

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Archived