Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Gaga needs a hit now

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester

Let me start by saying I'm extremely happy with Joanne. I'm listening to it right now and not a day has passed since release I have not listened to the album at least once. I also have bought a deluxe copy.

I am not a big chartster and if I am, it's mainly because I think Joanne's quality of music is really good and better compared to most music played on the radio right now.

However, I do think Gaga's team need to drum up something to get her at least a top 10 before the Superbowl and not after.

The reason? Without a hit, there is little hype for Gaga in the halftime. Yes, it depends a lot on the teams playing, but there are instances when the half time viewership is almost completely independent of the teams playing because of the headliner's brand. Dont get me wrong, I am thankful Gaga is doing the SB and I am confident she will more than deliver. But without hype, not many people will know about her performance until after the event--I have coworkers and cousins not knowing about her Oscars 2015 performance until summer this year.

Another thing is that it's a bit awkward that she's headlining without a relatively newer hit. It honestly looks bad that her last well-known song was from TFM or maybe BTW (pushing it though).

If her viewership underperforms, it could end up being another point against her (which is stupid, I know but that's how the media works). Instead of helping her sell tour tickets, it could further damage her brand.

What do you think?

EDIT: Please dont bring up Madonna. She's been established for decades. Give me ur luvin is tragic but it doesnt count

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTNebraskaGuy

SHE DOES NOT NEED A HIT! DON'T WISH HARM ON GAGA! 

tumblr_m8z16vveRT1qdxfrro1_500.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

SHE DOES NOT NEED A HIT! DON'T WISH HARM ON GAGA! FAKE MONSTER!!!

What an insightful answer :interestinga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
Just now, Sycamore said:

Why should I care about hits? She doesn't even care about hits herself, obviously. 

She cares about her album's performance :nails:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustAnotherDay
2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She def needs a hit or this album will end her career

No

was NickARTPOP

HOTNebraskaGuy
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

What an insightful answer :interestinga:

It was a joke because hit also means... nevermind

One, five, ten lay a million on me

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

It was a joke because hit also means... nevermind

Next time put a '1' between !!!! so I know :laughga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

He8MyHeart

I see where you're coming from. It would help spark interest in the SB performance if she has a song that's a hit with the GP. Let's hope it happens. Maybe Diamond Heart stands a chance.

Born To Slay
7 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

No

She hasn't had a hit in 3 years, that's obviously a very bad sign going forward if she can't get one now. Her next album era it will have been 5/6 years.

Archived