💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Diamond Heart be about prostitution?

Miracle

Featured Posts

Miracle

Reading the booklet in full the other day, I realised Diamond Heart could be about prostitution

Thr first hint appears in the intro "I'll just keep go-going". Go gos dance for money, sometimes in a sensual attitude

Afterwards, in the pre-chorus., you can see another hint "rain a million on me",  does it mean getting paid for sex? Diamond Heart is obviously about heartbreak produced by a traumatic sex experience 

One, five, ten, lay a million on me
Before the end of this song

There are a lot more clues at the entire song. Let's analyze them:

"Good girls play it bad, cause doesn't pay to be good". Pay is an expression used for saying "it's not useful" but it could also have a second meaning and reference being pad for sex.

"A cruel king made me tough". Abused when having sexual relationships for money by her procurer / a client? 

And finally, what made me see this may be the real theme of the song. In the break of the track, Gaga chants "If you want a good thing put the money down first. Better get a good look baby, cause soon I'm breaking out of here". She's tired of being used and has determined to take her own path. She's not selling her body to abusive man anymore. She's left people use her in the past (not sure if in a sexual way or not, it could a reference to both rape and work abuse) but not now, cuz she has a Diamond Heart

I may be reaching but if this isn't the theme of the song, I don't know what it is about.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER

what? No, its literal. She was literally a go-go dancer in NYC with Lady Starlight.

if ANYTHING, the money part is more akin to stripping than prostitution.

YeehawKylie

Honey, you're a little late to this party...:awkney:

But yes, above poster is right. It's about go-go dancing. Living for tips. 

its not about prostitiution but its about her go go dancing before she became famous, they didnt pay her for sex...but u know they threw money and stuff

imma cut a bitch

Miracle
1 minute ago, jujubae said:

Stripping/go-go dancing and prostitution aren't the same thing. :awkney: 

Of course they aren't, but the song is obviously hinting at @ rape.

VOLANTIS

It's not really an analogy, she's pumping through the lyrics comparing herself to her go-go dancing days and sayin' how priceless and valuable her heart is compared to her body. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Just now, Miracle said:

Of course they aren't, but the song is obviously hinting at @ rape.

Yes, it's hinting at rape, but what would that have to do with prostitution? :oprah:

We all know of Gaga's sketchy past during her come-up when she was a go-go dancer and that things might've gone south for her a couple of times, plus there's the story of Joanne herself being a sex abuse survivor, so the song would clearly be referencing these well known stories and not some made up tale of prostitution.

❤ x ❤

Borisapillar

I'm sorry, where does the song hint at rape?

Also, the "cruel king" is clearly her father. Y'all need to read the full lyrics before jumping to prostitution. 

chrismugler
23 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

what? No, its literal. She was literally a go-go dancer in NYC with Lady Starlight.

if ANYTHING, the money part is more akin to stripping than prostitution.

This. Thank you for educating the new kids gurl.

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Edonis

The rain on me a million is about the money people throw at go-go dancers :cryga: the song is extremely literal :cryga: 

and a bòp :diane:

Archived