Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Still Think Ronson Was The Best Choice?

Not The Real Gaga

Do You Still Think Ronson Was The Best Choice?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. After the release of LG5/Joanne, I still think Mark Ronson was the best producer-choice for Gaga

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Don't know
    • No opinion

Featured Posts

Not The Real Gaga

Remember the pre-Joanne era. There was a lot of discussion on Gagadaily.com about whether or not Mark Ronson was the best choice for Gaga's upcoming album, by that time still under the work title 'LG5'.

Obviously, Ronson had a big group of supporters here. A lot of people thought that Gaga couldn't choice a better producer to work with. Most members of this site didn't want Gaga's former producers as RedOne and DJ WhiteShadow back, because they wanted a new sound and it was 'stupid' to see Gaga makin' the same kind of music all the time. All with all, people were really looking forward to see what Gaga and Mark could create together.

Now that Joanne is released, are you happy and satisfied with how 'LG5' has turned out, only looking at the music production part of the album? Or do you feel that she really had to stay with her old producers, now we have heard the full album? Is this the sound that you hoped Ronson would produce?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JEWRJEWR

Well yeah. Joanne turned out to be her best album imo.

But still, you aint giving me that many good options to choose from. I mean, redone and djws... ? I'd rather have her produce it

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Helxig

I love Joanne so, so much. I don't know if any other album has hit me emotionally like this one.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Computer

I would have preferred a more modern production and totally different direction.

But given what Joanne is, I think he did the best job with it.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Yes i'm happy that she worked with him, it was time for her to mature her sound and serve something else than dance music. Joanne is her best album to me, and Joanne (the song) is going to be a standout in her discography... it's a beautiful timeless song.

RadioIsOurs

It's not like his productions are super outstanding or anything. RedOne or any other producers could have produced those songs if they had to...

The Surrealist
32 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I love Joanne so, so much. I don't know if any other album has hit me emotionally like this one.

Back To Black & Born This Way say hello.

oT: Yes.

Helxig
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

Back To Black & Born This Way say hello.

oT: Yes.

Only 3 albums have ever affected me emotionally!

The Open Door by Evanescence

And Born This Way and Joanne by Gaga!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Fernster7

Yes, he did a great job and I'm super glad I always supported their collaboration. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

lordmaler

Ronson was huge mistake in her career IMO.

If she really wanted to make flawless alternative-pop album she should ask Emile Haynie to produce whole thing.

But then again, with these non catchy, boring melodies and lyrics I am not sure would he be able to save it.

Archived