Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So...who is Gaga trying to appeal to this era?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

I understand that for this era she wants people to focus more on her music then on her theatricality and performance art. But that leaves me wondering, who is she really trying to appeal to?

Her fans? Well I do know that many of you here are unhappy about her current attitude, but most of us are trying to adapt to it and appreciate what she does, even though deep down we do miss her old self.

So is she trying to please the critics? The album wasn't very well-received by all critics, especially on Metacritic :stalkga:, so I guess that wouldn't have worked out.

Then is she trying to appeal to the GP now? The album was a hit, although not as much as her previous album. And PI definitely wasn't a hit. Joanne's sound isn't even very GP-friendly.

So I guess that leaves me with...herself?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
donutellha

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

HOTNebraskaGuy

It pleases me. :flutter:

Maybe it's just directed to people that could relate, just like all her previous albums. :nick:

Her direction is new and fresh (for her), and that's all I expect from Lady Gaga. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Robagaga

Yeah, so what if she chooses not to pander, she has the right to write music she loves and enjoys writing and performing.

She also does it for us the fans as she is trying to show us a different aspect of her personality like she has done with every album. If some fans don't specifically enjoy this album thats fine, when she writes another album it'll be completely different and maybe they will prefer the sounds that that other aspect of her personality has to offer.

In the end, she writes what she wants to write, for now, most of what she has written I have appreciated and loved

Spoiler

RIP Jewels N Drugs :awkney:

so I stay a fan, but even if she would one day come out with an album that I don't appreciate I would still stay a fan and appreciate the album for what it is, another refection of gagas personality and her power as a versatile artist. If I want another album to listen to when I'm drivin or cleanin I'll just wait a couple of years till her next release and discover another aspect of gaga I didn't know. 

Sorry for the ramble hope I made sense

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

DrewStevens

She said she wrote this album thinking of a typical middle American girl.

"Hair's back, no makeup, heirloom family jewelry or maybe something from her aunt, or her grandma's ring. She's got a Hanes cheap sweatshirt on from Duane Reade, rolled-up jeans, kid in one hand, Pinot Grigio in the other, two kids runing around her, no man in her life... just crying her eyes out singing along to every word and going, 'I can't believe that I can relate to Lady Gaga.'"

SpookyKid

She said it herself, she wants to heal people and her family

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Anyone that enjoys organic heartfelt music. She's aware that Joanne isn't radio friendly or trendy, she doesn't care. I mean Gaga could easily do a song with some EDM artist and get a #1, but that's not really what she's about anymore. 

RadioIsOurs
Just now, DrewStevens said:

She said she wrote this album thinking of a typical middle American girl.

"Hair's back, no makeup, heirloom family jewelry or maybe something from her aunt, or her grandma's ring. She's got a Hanes cheap sweatshirt on from Duane Reade, rolled-up jeans, kid in one hand, Pinot Grigio in the other, two kids runing around her, no man in her life... just crying her eyes out singing along to every word and going, 'I can't believe that I can relate to Lady Gaga.'"

So that excludes the rest of us non-Americans?? How dare she! :grr:

Daenerys

Idk all I know is is that I still have been listening to ARTPOP more than Joanne. It's a good album, and I'm sure a lot of the base loves it but I wanna dance and have fun with more than just 2-4 songs. It's a good rainy day album I guess.... 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Archived