Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Most Beautiful Old Hollywood Icon?

Bette Davis

Most Beautiful Old Hollywood Icon?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Most Beautiful Old Hollywood Icon?

• Audrey Hepburn
    • Bette Davis
    • Grace Kelly
    • Vivien Leigh
    • Judy Garland
    • Lauren Bacall
    • Elizabeth Taylor
    • Marilyn Monroe
    • Rita Hayworth
    • Sophia Loren

Featured Posts

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, Sister said:

While all of the others are gorgeous also and have their own way as brilliant actresses, only Marilyn seems to have this magical way, naturally.

Gaga has this also. It's amazing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis
3 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

All these ladies are gorgeous and worthy, but I would consider taking out Lucille Ball and Bette Davis. Again, stunning, but not really renowned for their beauty, more so for their talent.

I took out Lucille Ball. I'm going to leave Bette Davis in because her looks, especially her eyes, are very iconic.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

TropicOfCANCER
5 minutes ago, Sister said:

People always want to think that Marilyn is overrated, but the truth is that she had some kind of magic in her way and she could turn it on, like a switch. Everyone can see it in her films and in pictures. While all of the others are gorgeous also and have their own way as brilliant actresses, only Marilyn seems to have this magical way, naturally. The true woman / child way.

tumblr_le5xwfneJv1qbzp0ko1_500.gif

"She makes every man feel like a child" :whitney:

Honestly...I'm so tired of people giving this answer whenever Marilyn is discussed. Its like, this is literally the answer you would expect from someone when you argue that Marilyn is overrated. Every single one of these actresses had the ability to radiate charm--they ALL had the "it" factor that is always falsely attributed to Marilyn. It's just tiring. It completely shuts down the conversation. Marilyn was just another hollywood blonde. She's not remembered for her talent, just being attractive to men, being mildly descent actress, and just having a legacy that has more to do with her JFK and suicide scandals.  Like, Marilyn was literally Jean Harlow 2.0. 

There's many, many more actresses who deserve her status--for their beauty, charm, talent and contributions to cinema.

StrawberryBlond

I'd say Lauren Bacall. I feel Ava Gardner should've been included too. I think there were so many beautiful women from this time but the only thing that gets me is that I feel they all look so similar. The only thing that seemed to be different was hair colour. Everything else was like looking as a duplication, which is maybe why I don't fawn over the silver screen legends beauty like some people do. Beautiful, but I could have done with a bit more variety.

omg i think Lauren Bacall is everything i love in a woman.

but where are elisabeth taylor and marlene dietrich

greta garbo and bette davis here make not much sense. class yes, beauty just for some

Bette Davis
3 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

SHADEEEE AT JOAN CRAWFORD

LOL I'm sure your not shocked considering my profile name is Bette Davis :derpga:

Bette Davis
3 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Honestly...I'm so tired of people giving this answer whenever Marilyn is discussed. Its like, this is literally the answer you would expect from someone when you argue that Marilyn is overrated. Every single one of these actresses had the ability to radiate charm--they ALL had the "it" factor that is always falsely attributed to Marilyn. It's just tiring. It completely shuts down the conversation. Marilyn was just another hollywood blonde. She's not remembered for her talent, just being attractive to men, being mildly descent actress, and just having a legacy that has more to do with her JFK and suicide scandals.  Like, Marilyn was literally Jean Harlow 2.0. 

There's many, many more actresses who deserve her status--for their beauty, charm, talent and contributions to cinema.

Amen. I want to copy and paste this every time someone mentions Marilyn :reductive:

Bette Davis
16 minutes ago, Killa said:

but where are elisabeth taylor and marlene dietrich

greta garbo and bette davis here make not much sense. class yes, beauty just for some

Elizabeth Taylor is an option :emma:"Class yes, beauty just for some", but I think you could argue the same about Marlene. I wish I had more poll options. It was really hard to narrow it down, so I did the best I could.

I included Bette Davis because her looks are iconic, while I included Greta Garbo because she was considered by many to be the most beautiful women of her time. I don't personally find Greta that special, but I included her for that reason.

update: I removed Greta because no one was voting for her

Bette Davis
29 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

I know everyone is going to say Marilyn, and ugh...it just irritates me. I know beauty is subjective, but i just can't help but always add that Marilyn had alot of work done--and its been documented widely that she had a nose job and chin implant, as well as breast implants. Of course it was her right to do so, but i just think...if we're talking most naturally beautiful, of this list, it's Audrey.

Why no Elizabeth Taylor on this list?

elizabeth-taylor-never-before-knew-720x5

or Vivien Leigh?

2bf0840c98f05f632b2d1b7293b77101.jpg

I removed Greta and added Vivien Leigh

18 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

But, that is YOUR answer and what you read was MINE. You can't stop a legacy on being perturbed by it's truths. But, you never have to share the opinion which you do not agree with.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

The Surrealist
17 minutes ago, Killa said:

She reminds me of Young Allison Janney.

young-portrait-of-allison-janney-244.jpg

Archived