Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

Just now, petedagrk said:

I didnt follow her before BTW like i was not on this site back then or listening to leaks and whatnot. And ok i listened to it twice.

4 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

OP? You listened to it once? :omg: 

The reason you found AP so catchy the first time is because of Swinefest. We were spoiled. The reason you found BTW also catchy and needing to repeat it because we got Farmville songs, EC and MTN, and Government Hooker and Scheisse and You and I and Hair and Judas and TEOG. With Joanne, we didn't have that many songs besides the LQ leaks. 

Listen to it a second and third time, and try to actually listen to it, not hear it. You'll love it. 

Farmville songs?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McMonster08

Speak for yourself 

y31nzB.gif

As much as I want to hear MonsterGa again,

Joanne is the album that I've been wanting from her for years now so no:giveup:

LetsGetHigh
3 hours ago, petedagrk said:

Farmville songs?

Do you know farmville? Gaga had her own farm.

Well yes and no

No, because its a nice and easy listen album with lovely melodies etc. that I can enjoy. 

Yes, if thinking on purely musical stand points. Sadly it is strongly underwhelming on songwriting and production. It doesnt provide anything New, innovative or interesting. Its very cliche and basic on musical merrits. Also The attempt in genre blending/fusion enfs up more of a mess than success. And lastly it doesnt delivery its promise of being authentic& analogical.

That being said, basic or cliche is not inherently a bad thing. They are The basis and core for a reason. As they create nice music that is easy to listen and enjoy by all. Me included. In no way am I saying Joanne is a bad album, its not. its good. Ofcourse I wished i could enjoy it on musical merrits too, but thats not The case but Im okey with that. :)

This has being my opinion since first listen and havent really changed. 

16 hours ago, petedagrk said:

I think the only songs I actually like are A-Yo, Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

No disrespect meant but you only like the single/promos? Maybe you are influenced by the ones which get promoted more, but in my humble opinion A-YO and Million Reasons share a common approach to most tracks on the album - they feel as part of the whole album. So strange how you don't like any other song. 

Neight Shayde

Not everyone will like an album! we should all understand that and move on :)

For me, Joanne is her best one yet.

MelbHawker

Not underwhelming - I was pleasantly surprised at Joanne. I do miss her electro/dance-pop stuff because it is what I'm used to from her. But Im LIVING for this era. 

15 hours ago, petedagrk said:

No one said it was subpar.  It's decent, plus people are allowed to have different opinions.  Just because someone doesnt like it the way you do doesnt mean there is something wrong with them.  Your opinion is ignorant.  I may think an album is a gem, that you blatantly hate, but it doessnt make it any less worthy just because YOU dont like it.  

Yes it does. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Yes and No.

It's got some amazing songs; Come To Mama, A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles, Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons, Grigio Girls and Just Another Day.

Then you have the rest that are okay. It annoys me that there's always at least a few duds on the albums. I'm sure one day she'll release an album that is perfect from start to finish but until then, we just get pretty good albums with some shiners and some mehs. I still think Joanne is probably her best album though.

Oriane
17 hours ago, ChavaWM said:

14 different tracks, no work tapes.

And I did. 

So you're annoyed just for one track ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I didn't have any expectations, really, so I was open to anything. I like the album, it's very refreshing in her electro-pop filled discography.

Archived