Ronlop

Do you agree?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• I agree
    • I disagree

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Except 'The Fame' theatrics was exactly not the 'safe' route for an average pop-star at the time. Literally only Gaga could nail it. The idea of living your art 24/7.

With Joanne, I could name at least 4-5 other artists who could pull this off, if not better.

It's a sell-out to me more than on the commercial sphere. It's a sell-out to her own creation. For me, it's her saying: "I'm tired of my old ****" and her compromising to the "We want to see the real you! We want to see you personal and natural. No make-up. No bulshit" remarks made by so many people since her debut.

There is nothing revolutionary with pulling the re-invention card. The "this is the new me. The grown up, adult" card. It's been done so many times. Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing because this is who she is right now, I suppose. But I'm simply not feeling it like I believed I would.

The way I see it, Gaga's 'sthick' has never been 'living your art 24/7', moreso, it's doing the unexpected in a time where the pop culure scene was predictable and borderline boring.  

After she established the image of being unpredictable, she was overexposed to the point where her unpredictability became predictable to the audience. With Joanne, she completely subverts this again; Lady Gaga is predictable and that in itself is unpredictable. Therefore I don't really view Joanne as comprising to anyone nor selling-out her own creation. She is still defying the pigeon hole people place her into and has retained that defiance since she debuted.

But I absolutely respect your opinion on how you dislike/not feeling her reinvention, I think everyone has a different interpretation on what Gaga's 'brand' was and that dictates the perspective of the route she's taking with Joanne.

edit: hfjdj I just read this again and realized how long it was, sorry!

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser

I appreciate all aspects of her career and performance, but when you look at it realistically, all the costumes, staging etc, is somebody else's work, and her voice is 100% Gaga

1 hour ago, I Give Up said:

giphy.gif 

This seems contradictory :oprah:

I love the album, I just don't think it was worth such a long wait. I was just expecting a lot more, it doesn't mean I don't like the album.

I love her voice, but i would be lying if i said i don't miss Gaga, but times change, and people change, now we have Joanne :classy:

Oriane

I'm sorry for you if you can't feel the Gaganess in Joanne, I don't know what you need. I guess you don't feel it in her pre-Fame songs or in her acoustic performances either. It's sad.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Dominic

I agree, this album isn't doing it for me as much as I'd hoped. 

Maybe the next one will be better :firega:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived